My license was in my mail today!

I went active on March 26th and on March 30th I received my letter telling me my FOID # was changing to match my CCL #, anther letter with my new FOID card, and yet anther letter with my CCL. Yes all on the same day. Since it was only about 4:45pm I promptly loaded my gun, tucked the holster inside my waist band, holstered my gun put my jacket back on and went for about an hour long motorcycle ride just because I could... and because it was still above 45 degrees. :cool:

Applied without prints 2/9

Added prints 2/11

CCL Active 3/24

FOID Active with number matching CCL 3/27

Received the following in the mail between 3/28 and 4/1 (was travelling):

- FOID letter about syncing FOID with CCL number

- New FOID with number matching CCL

- CCL card

Keep in mind, even with the Illinois State Police dealing with a system conversion and the new policy of synchronizing the FOID and CCL numbers while my application was in-flight, they still had the card in my hands in under 60 days. I think that's commendable.

Finally - I really can't thank the leadership of this group enough for everything you've done to protect our Second Amendment civil rights here in Illinois. So thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah!! CCL went ACTIVE on 4/16 after 95 days. (no prints) As many have stated here my FOID # now matches my CCL # as seen on the ISP web site. When I run a check of my original FOID is does not show valid (I think this is a good thing as it would seem to indicate things are moving and new FOID has been issued in conjunction with the CCL, voiding the old one).

If i understand the posts here I should now be expecting (via USPS) a new FOID and CCW cards.

My question to the group is, what time frame should I be expecting these to show up? Do they typically show up together on the same mail run, or will the FOID show up first, followed up by the CCL?

Thanks in advance!!

so with my FOID getting "pseudo invalidated" does this mean that i won't get a verifiable FOID until my CCL approves? 90 days out? i was wanting to do a private transfer today. does the ISP hotline's do a verbal verification or something if I have the seller call them? does that work legality wise for a private transaction?

Applied with prints 3-16-2015 (the day the new ISP site went live).

Noticed tonight 4-19-2015 that I went active and FOID has been changed to match CCL. (So 34 days and active)

Now the wait!!!!

Thank you to all who have made this possible!

Nice first post!

Applied with prints 3-16-2015 (the day the new ISP site went live).

Noticed tonight 4-19-2015 that I went active and FOID has been changed to match CCL. (So 34 days and active)

Now the wait!!!!

Thank you to all who have made this possible!

We applied and went active same day! High five man

I added prints a week later, and noticed today that my foid matches my CCL.

Gonna be checking my mailbox for the next few days :D

License in hand today 04-23-2015

Total time was 38 days from application to license in hand. Hope this helps someone else who hates waiting and gives you a time frame to look forward to. Hopefully ISP keeps things moving like this going forward.

Again, I can not stress the gratitude I have for those who fought and fought to make this possible!!!!!

I gotta go, it's time for the Wally Walk!

Stay safe all.

My wife's FCCL application was submitted on 1/16 , without prints, and it arrived in the mail yesterday. Issue date was 3/22 . 96 days from application to issue, if I counted correctly. He also got a letter saying she will be getting a new FOID card and her FOID number has been changed from 8 to 10 digits. The FCCL number is 10 digits starting with 15. I'm wondering if the new FOID card number will be the same a the FCCL number?

Hi everyone, first post here.

Applied: 03/23/15
Prints: YES
html Element Inspect <span class="Approved"><>/span>: 04/18/2015
Active: 04/29/15
In Hand: 05/02/2015

Around 40 days from start to finish

I recieved two letters, one indicating that my FOID number would be changing to match my CCL # and another letter with my CCL. I have not received my new FOID card matching my CCL #. As I dont have my new FOID card yet, does that mean that I have to wait for my FOID card to arrive before I can begin carrying my firearm with me?

Thanks!

I recieved two letters, one indicating that my FOID number would be changing to match my CCL # and another letter with my CCL. I have not received my new FOID card matching my CCL #. As I dont have my new FOID card yet, does that mean that I have to wait for my FOID card to arrive before I can begin carrying my firearm with me?

Thanks!

Welcome to IC. THere are a lot of knowledgable people here.

Yes. You can carry. Just carry your current FOID card and have a copy of that letter handy.

Carry safely and often!

Thanks!

mines is the exact same as yours with all the dates ,even the FOID not arriving yet

Thanks!

Welcome to IC. THere are a lot of knowledgable people here.

Yes. You can carry. Just carry your current FOID card and have a copy of that letter handy.

Carry safely and often!

Thanks Lou!!!

Thanks!

Update:

I received my new FOID Card today!

In Hand CCL: 05/02/2015

In Hand New FOID Card matching CCL #: 05/04/2015

• 2 weeks later...

did I miss something, whats with all the " new foid card to match ccw card" I see being posted?

Back in march the ISP updated the CCW application process. This included changing the website application process, changing the CCW card design, changing the foid card design and now getting a new CCW means your old foid number is invalidated and updated.

This is a copy of the letter I got informing me of the change.

http://i.imgur.com/o5JlWo8.jpg