My license was in my mail today!

The ISP site shows my CCL as active as of 3-24-15, but my FOID, which went active last May, now shows "Under Review" status. Has anyone else seen this; is it a significant issue?

I haven't heard of it but then I don't think most people look at it after they have them in hand.

The ISP site shows my CCL as active as of 3-24-15, but my FOID, which went active last May, now shows "Under Review" status. Has anyone else seen this; is it a significant issue?

You might want to check to see if your FOID still appears as valid:

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/PersonToPersonFirearmTransfer.aspx

I am seeing the same thing. CCL active as of 3-24-15, card not yet received (no surprise as it's only been two days), but my FOID card is listed as 'Under Review'.

I also tried the firearms transfer check linked above. First I used the FOID number on my FOID card. Status came back 'Not Found'. Then I tried using the FOID number listed on the CCL status page, which matches my CCL number, and the status and approval came back blank.

Maybe they're trying to tie the FOID and CCL cards to the same ID number, and they're just not done yet? Or syncing the expiry dates?

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here, but I am very concerned about my current ID number, on the card in my wallet, coming back 'Not Found'. Makes me worry that the ISP can't currently see that I'm legally allowed to own a firearm.

I am seeing the same thing. CCL active as of 3-24-15, card not yet received (no surprise as it's only been two days), but my FOID card is listed as 'Under Review'.

I also tried the firearms transfer check linked above. First I used the FOID number on my FOID card. Status came back 'Not Found'. Then I tried using the FOID number listed on the CCL status page, which matches my CCL number, and the status and approval came back blank.

Maybe they're trying to tie the FOID and CCL cards to the same ID number, and they're just not done yet? Or syncing the expiry dates?

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here, but I am very concerned about my current ID number, on the card in my wallet, coming back 'Not Found'. Makes me worry that the ISP can't currently see that I'm legally allowed to own a firearm.

I've been away from home for the past week and haven't been able to check the mail to see if the CCL has arrived. When I called the ISP yesterday, they explained that a new FOID card was being issued with a new number matching the new CCL. Until the new FOID is mailed, the status is "Under Review." When I checked the ISP CCL site today, both the FOID and CCL were "Active" status with matched numbers.

My concern was that the change in FOID to "Under Review" status would prevent me from buying ammo upon my return to IL. Hopefully, there are two new cards awaiting me.

Yea I just looked on the ISP website and both my ccl(which I don't have yet) and my foid are votive but the numbers on my foid online don't match my actual in hand foid card. Does this mean I'm getting a new foid too? I actually planned on buying a ruger 10/22 today but I'm thinking I should wait seeing as my current foid is probably not valid right?

Yea I just looked on the ISP website and both my ccl(which I don't have yet) and my foid are votive but the numbers on my foid online don't match my actual in hand foid card. Does this mean I'm getting a new foid too? I actually planned on buying a ruger 10/22 today but I'm thinking I should wait seeing as my current foid is probably not valid right?

I have never had a store pay attention to the number on my foid. As long as you show them a card that has not exceeded the expiration date, you are good to go.

I have never had a store pay attention to the number on my foid. As long as you show them a card that has not exceeded the expiration date, you are good to go.

actually no I wasn't good to go. I just got back from my lgs and he said my foid card back back as invalid. He called them and they said some people were issued new foid cards when they were issued their ccl so the foid in my pocket is "invalid" meaning the gun shop could not process my background until my new card comes in. The ISP said my ccl and foid should come on the same day but they couldn't say when. What a joke.

Dang, Jt...this is really weird ...so you're walking around with an invalid FOID in your pocket and you didn't even know it until the LGS ran it...how strange. I had heard some stories about FOID card changes but NOTHING like your story. I received my CCL last June and all they did was take the number from my FOID and add 14 to the beginning of it and my FOID never changed...at least to my knowledge it hasn't anyways. I haven't bought any guns since then only ammo but no problems though...does anyone know if we can purchase ammunition with just our CCL or must we always carry both ?

Dang, Jt...this is really weird ...so you're walking around with an invalid FOID in your pocket and you didn't even know it until the LGS ran it...how strange. I had heard some stories about FOID card changes but NOTHING like your story. I received my CCL last June and all they did was take the number from my FOID and add 14 to the beginning of it and my FOID never changed...at least to my knowledge it hasn't anyways. I haven't bought any guns since then only ammo but no problems though...does anyone know if we can purchase ammunition with just our CCL or must we always carry both ?

as far as ammo I'm not sure if your ccl would do but I was told that you must carry both if you are carry a firearm.

My CCL went active on day 33. FOID number was changed and is the same as CCL number. Same for my wife and daughter.

the. Your Foid is not active, one way to tell is to go on the ISP website and click on the firearm transfer(like if you wanted to sell a gun) and put your info in, I'm betting the Foid in your pocket will not be valid. Have you gotten your new cards yet or are still waiting? I'm on day 47 today and I don't have either but I'm active, but my Foid isn't but the one they are sending someday is I'm confunfesed.

My CCL went active on day 33. FOID number was changed and is the same as CCL number. Same for my wife and daughter.

the. Your Foid is not active, one way to tell is to go on the ISP website and click on the firearm transfer(like if you wanted to sell a gun) and put your info in, I'm betting the Foid in your pocket will not be valid. Have you gotten your new cards yet or are still waiting? I'm on day 47 today and I don't have either but I'm active, but my Foid isn't but the one they are sending someday is I'm confunfesed.

I checked my new card number, it is active!!

I went active on day 41 (filled out app on 2/16 with prints). My foid # now matches my ccl also. Ran my foid through the transfer and it says "not found", also ran new number and it just came up blank. Hope they get this straightened out pretty quick

yea same here, I just received my ccl in the mail today 46 days with prints but my new Foid didn't come so I hope next week I can get it. Does this mean I can't carry until my new Foid comes or can I carry with the Foid I have(the newly invalid one) and my ccl? Who knows but hopefully like I said it comes soon and not weeks.

yea same here, I just received my ccl in the mail today 46 days with prints but my new Foid didn't come so I hope next week I can get it. Does this mean I can't carry until my new Foid comes or can I carry with the Foid I have(the newly invalid one) and my ccl? Who knows but hopefully like I said it comes soon and not weeks.

From the ISP:

Since the launch of the new FOID program, people who apply for a FCCL will also get a new FOID card (with the same number as the FCCL) mailed to them. The new FOID card will have the same expiration date as the old FOID.

If one of these individuals tries to purchase they should not be getting a denied FTIP response. We are aware that a few people have and are working on a fix that may already be working. In the meantime they should instruct the FFL to call in and speak to a member of the FTIP staff and we can work through it.

The call center should NOT be telling these people they cannot possess/transport.

From the ISP:

Since the launch of the new FOID program, people who apply for a FCCL will also get a new FOID card (with the same number as the FCCL) mailed to them. The new FOID card will have the same expiration date as the old FOID.

If one of these individuals tries to purchase they should not be getting a denied FTIP response. We are aware that a few people have and are working on a fix that may already be working. In the meantime they should instruct the FFL to call in and speak to a member of the FTIP staff and we can work through it.

The call center should NOT be telling these people they cannot possess/transport.

So does this mean that if I get my ccl before my new foid, that I can carry with my current invalid foid?

That is the way I understand it. Your FOID has not been revoked. THEY changed it, they are responsible for making the new system work.

Thank you, Molly! I just logged in again, and my FOID number matches my CCL, both listed active. I am traveling so I do not know if I received either card in the mail.

As an aside, when Illinois was ordered to create a concealed carry license, my first thought was, who is going to "make them"? Now I know that it was Molly, Todd, and everyone who supports them.

Thank you for everything that you do!