My license was in my mail today!

Should have posted yesterday, but I was too busy carrying.

Applied 2-5-14

Active on 5-14-14

In wallet on 5-19-14

Never thought this day would happen. Thank you all that had a part in Carry happening in this State. I know the fight isn't done and will most likely never be done here.

Went to take recycles up and then out to dinner with the wife and daughter. Had a nice time. No one seemed to notice.......anything. ;)

I finally made some time to post. I received my CCL card in the mail on 5/10/14. I was one of those people that had to appeal because of an instructor's license being pulled. A shameless plug but Illinois Gun Pros gives a good comprehensive class.

Applied 1/2/14

Denied 3/30/14

Took CCL course on 4/12/14

Emailed & Mailed Appeal 4/14/14

Appeal approved 5/7/14

Received CCL in mail 5/10/14

All is good and carrying

I just plucked mine from the mailbox!

Applied 1-27

edited 2-8

active 5-15

in hand 5-19

No prints

Lake Co.

What a great feeling!

Long wait. Congrats.

I have a close friend he and his wife took the course in March I believe and passed it. They just had to have their prints taken and send the $$ to the state. But they won't go for their CCL because their afraid of being hassled by the cops and doesn't want to be spread eagle on the ground during a traffic stop at their age. He is 68, I'm 67 but I am going to take the course as soon as I can afford it without the prints. Valinda and I have discussed why. This police state already has my prints taken for my CDL to haul hazardous materials and its on file with the Sec of state so I will wait the extra month. I didn't change my prints so they made enough money out of me already. Did I mention that I am disabled and I have a friend who is cop and lives next to me and says I should take the course.

Well, I can finally post to this thread!

Applied and paid online: 2/17/14

No prints. No issues with app. Been under review for months including when I checked website just a few days ago.

Card arrived today: 5/30/14

My app # was in 51,xxx range

Wasn't expecting until mid June so actually got it ahead of schedule. It's been 10 years since I joined this site. Been a long road. Thank you to everyone involved that made this happen.

Well, I can finally post to this thread!

Applied and paid online: 2/17/14

No prints. No issues with app. Been under review for months including when I checked website just a few days ago.

Card arrived today: 5/30/14

My app # was in 51,xxx range

Wasn't expecting until mid June so actually got it ahead of schedule. It's been 10 years since I joined this site. Been a long road. Thank you to everyone involved that made this happen.

That is very exciting. I have to be getting close with my 53.xxx application number.