My license was in my mail today!

I started the process and paid 1/4/14. My application # is 13XXX, so it does not seem like they are assigning them in order if there was a 1/10/14 with a 76XX number. I got a phone call from someone at the ISP/processing place the other day, they stated that someone on their end entered in my wrong DOB, sorry. Active but still in the works.

I started my application way before 1-10-14 but I could only get to 30% because my computer wouldn't let me go any farther. That is why the numbers don't mean anything.

I had to go to a friends house and use his computer to complete my app. after I spent several days trying to get my computer to work.

Same here.5 computers at the shop and none worked.Renewed and paid my plate registration in about 2 minutes with no trouble though.Interesting.

I GOT MY LICENSE IN THE MAIL TODAY !!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I GOT MY LICENSE IN THE MAIL TODAY !!!!!!

My brother got his today as well. Sent together. I applied 1/17, he applied 1/18

Never did I think I would see this day in Illinois. There is a GOD afterall. I'm going for a long walk.

Later................. :cool:

Edited by vezpa

I GOT MY LICENSE IN THE MAIL TODAY !!!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I GOT MY LICENSE IN THE MAIL TODAY !!!!!!

My brother got his today as well. Sent together. I applied 1/17, he applied 1/18

Never did I think I would see this day in Illinois. There is a GOD afterall. I'm going for a long walk.

Later................. :cool:

Congrats Vezpa! Stay safe.

After a couple of days of no love....The USPS came through, I can carry legally today!

Applied/Paid 1/20

Prints Yes
Active 3-22

Expires 3-22-19

Postmarked 3-25

Arrived 3-26
Application number 36,0XX

Macon County

Time for the Wally Walk....I'll tell Mr. Fife you all said hello.

Edited by .40carry

Appears to be no rhyme or reason as to what order the apps are being processed.

I believe the thing that can make the process longer is the number of police agencies that they need to run your application by. If in the 10 years of residency you have moved through multiple counties or even states, it means each county sheriff's department will have a chance to raise objection and they must wait for each one to respond for the application to move to the next step.

App. 33xxx

Applied/Paid: 1/16/2014

Prints: Yes

Lived: 2 states, 3 Counties

Still: UR

Edited by creetch

I believe the thing that can make the process longer is the number of police agencies that they need to run your application by. If in the 10 years of residency you have moved through multiple counties or even states, it means each county sheriff's department will have a chance to raise objection and they must wait for each one to respond for the application to move to the next step.

App. 33xxx

That is not correct. Police review is open for 30 days on an applicant. Doesn't matter how many police departments review it- 1 or 50. They all have the same 30 days to review.

So...How does it work with out of state? I lived in Tennessee (college for 2.5 years of 10) and Florida (work for 1.5 years of 10) and then Illinois (work for 6 years at 3 addresses and counties (Kane, DuPage, Kendall)). Does Tennessee and Florida get time to object too, or is that not known?

I really don't anticipate any problems. I've had almost no interaction with the police (except as a witness to a couple of things and a fender bender). So I'm just curious.

App. 33xxx

That is not correct. Police review is open for 30 days on an applicant. Doesn't matter how many police departments review it- 1 or 50. They all have the same 30 days to review.

Agreed. But the more places that interact will impact how much of that 30 days they actually use. My current county OK'd me in a matter of days, while the other counties had not responded even 2 weeks later.

Edited by creetch

How do you know when a county clears you? I don't see any way to find that out, unless maybe calling the sheriff's office. I have lived in one place/county for past 12 1/2 yrs. I applied 1/5/2014 but I have no way of knowing if my county has cleared me or not. I assume they have since I haven't had any LEO interaction during that entire time. Just asking.

App. 33xxx

With the amount of issues related to TCN numbers, it would not surprise me if your issue is with prints.

Agreed. But the more places that interact will impact how much of that 30 days they actually use. My current county OK'd me in a matter of days, while the other counties had not responded even 2 weeks later.

From what we've heard, there's no way for local LEO to clear you except by not filing an objection during the mandatory 30 day review window.

I assume that I am past the 30 day objection window since I applied 1/5. From what I can tell, the ISP has 10 days from the date of application to enter your information into the computer system and then the LEOs have 30 days from that date to file an objection. I am well past that time frame. I am still showing "under review" so I'm guessing no objection was filed during that time frame. I did not submit prints so I'm not really expecting a status change for another 2-4 weeks.

I assume that I am past the 30 day objection window since I applied 1/5. From what I can tell, the ISP has 10 days from the date of application to enter your information into the computer system and then the LEOs have 30 days from that date to file an objection. I am well past that time frame. I am still showing "under review" so I'm guessing no objection was filed during that time frame. I did not submit prints so I'm not really expecting a status change for another 2-4 weeks.
they have 30 days yes but some LEO agencys dont even look at them...so till your 90/120 are over i wouldn't get to happy

they have 30 days yes but some LEO agencys dont even look at them...so till your 90/120 are over i wouldn't get to happy

Well, I'd get very happy if I was approved and received my permit inside that time frame! Otherwise, once the 90/120 days have been reached, THEN I have a reason to reach out to the ISP to find out what's happening, contact the media to have them write column on how the ISP is negligent in abiding by the law (yeah, right!), contact my state rep, etc.. Oh, and REALLY REALLY pout!

I'd be interested in knowing how you figure you were "OK'd", also. As I understand it, it's more of a binary state kind of thing: Simply opposed or nothing at all.

I'd be interested in knowing how you figure you were "OK'd", also. As I understand it, it's more of a binary state kind of thing: Simply opposed or nothing at all.

I was told that by the deputy that processed my form for my new county. I was in to get hard copy prints for another state's permit and he recognized my name. Sorry for sharing, I was just trying to help.

Applied 1-5

With Prints

Still waiting

1 week till 90 days! So much for paying extra to get CCL sooner.

WTH? Have you contacted them about your TCN? That seemed to be a common hangup.

man, i was feeling bad about 1/5 (no prints) and still under review...but, again...have to set expectation that i'll be close to 120 days. but, it's crazy to see some on here approved as fast as 45-60 days! zoinks!

yes, do check your TCN...supposed to start with LS or something like that i think??? best luck!

Edited by Chicagoster

And count your digits for the TCN #. Suppose to be 16. The girl that did mine did not write all the numbers down for me to put on my app. Had to email the correct numbers, to the isp ask email address. I am active now, 3/24/14...Hope it comes in today...

Applied 1/5

W/Prints

App# 15xxx

Active 3/24

Carry Conceal License #14873xxxxx

waiting for mail

Edited by chap

How are you all determining when licenses were mailed? I dont see anywhere on the website that says when a license is mailed?

Check the stamp. It'll have the date it was postmarked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not a postmark it is a Meter that is applied by the ISP and has nothing to do with when the letter is mailed. They could hold it and bunch several days of mail together all with different Meter dates.