My license was in my mail today!

Wow, very frustrated w/this whole process; rec'd a letter from ISP today, they cannot confirm my fingerprints based on the transaction control number I provided/which was provided to me by the vendor. Of course the vendor is closed today. No mention in the letter from ISP as to how to update this information only that they will continue processing my application based on the 120 day timeframe vs. the 90 day timeframe. I'll follow up w/the vendor on Monday- but feeling this is simply ridiculous. Anyone else have a similar experience and if so, how did you update your application? Thanks.

There's a thread or two on this already. Here's one:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47141

People are getting this squared away by contacting ISP. Don't worry.

Got a letter today stating that my TCN# is incorrect. Got my fingerprints from Williamson County Court House and she wrote down the TCN # for me. Sent it in with App. on line.....Now what do I do? Pisses me off that the lady might have give me the wrong number....tried emailing ISP, and waiting for response...I am going to the courthouse Monday to try to ask about this...I have my receipt that I have paid for the live scan fingerprints....Has anyone else had this problem?? Applied 1/5/14..App. #15xxx

Got a letter today stating that my TCN# is incorrect. Got my fingerprints from Williamson County Court House and she wrote down the TCN # for me. Sent it in with App. on line.....Now what do I do? Pisses me off that the lady might have give me the wrong number....tried emailing ISP, and waiting for response...I am going to the courthouse Monday to try to ask about this...I have my receipt that I have paid for the live scan fingerprints....Has anyone else had this problem?? Applied 1/5/14..App. #15xxx

They do approved livescan fingerprints at the Williamson County Courthouse? I didn't know that. I went to a place a few blocks away when accurate biometrics was there.

Same here, approved 3/20 with prints and I received in mail today !! I'm very impressed the USPS didn't loose it, like they do with so many things. Working out of state this week in Indiana and Wisconsin so now I can holster up before I leave my house and go to projects and be 100% legal ( that's kinda weird !) congrads to everyone else who got theirs today, definitely worth the wait .

Man, I'm still UR. applied 1/5 but returned (via email) 1/14 for no signature on the class certif. (long story on that one) fixed it that night and now says applied 1/15 with prints and still UR, I see people getting there's who applied 1/22. I wonder if I was thrown to the bottom of the pile. The wait is killer! Congrats to everyone that gets to uphold the 2nd amendment.

My wife and I both received our licenses today. We both applied 1/13 and were approved 3/20. The details are below for anyone keeping track.

Applied - 01/13/14
Paid - 01/13/14
Instructor - No
Application# - 31,1xx
Fingerprints - yes
Status - Active 3/20/14
Expires - 3/20/19
Postage applied - 3/21/14

Received in mail - 3/24/14
Cook County - SW Burbs

Does anyone who did not submit prints have their permit yet? If so when did you apply and what was your app. ? I applied 1/5, no prints, and my app. # is 95XX. Still under review.

I don't think there are many in that category with their permits. We're all hanging out on the "Pouting" group! :cool:

Does anyone who did not submit prints have their permit yet? If so when did you apply and what was your app. ? I applied 1/5, no prints, and my app. # is 95XX. Still under review.

I don't think there are many in that category with their permits. We're all hanging out on the "Pouting" group! :cool:

I just want to say the application number means nothing. I didn't get my application submitted and paid for till 1-10-14 but my number is 76xx . No prints and still waiting because , you know , they have 120 days to get me checked out.

Yea it's strange how they assigned the app numbers. Would have thought it logical to assign them as they were received but obviously that is not the case. Guess when I finally receive mine I will be glad I didn't spend the extra $55 for fingerprints. :frantics: Sure seems like a long wait thought now that a lot of folks are getting their permits.

I started the process and paid 1/4/14. My application # is 13XXX, so it does not seem like they are assigning them in order if there was a 1/10/14 with a 76XX number. I got a phone call from someone at the ISP/processing place the other day, they stated that someone on their end entered in my wrong DOB, sorry. Active but still in the works.

I started the process and paid 1/4/14. My application # is 13XXX, so it does not seem like they are assigning them in order if there was a 1/10/14 with a 76XX number. I got a phone call from someone at the ISP/processing place the other day, they stated that someone on their end entered in my wrong DOB, sorry. Active but still in the works.

I started my application way before 1-10-14 but I could only get to 30% because my computer wouldn't let me go any farther. That is why the numbers don't mean anything.

I had to go to a friends house and use his computer to complete my app. after I spent several days trying to get my computer to work.

Edited by papa