My license was in my mail today!

Got mine today too, in the Great City of Chicago.

I was home this afternoon waiting for the mailman but had to leave to keep an appointment. It was waiting for me when I got back. I looked at it and its kind of cool, no aura around it. and no bottle rockets lit up or anything special like that.

Put it in my wallet with my other ones. Waiting for it to sink in... now to go find some crows, lol.

Got mine today too, in the Great City of Chicago.

I was home this afternoon waiting for the mailman but had to leave to keep an appointment. It was waiting for me when I got back. I looked at it and its kind of cool, no aura around it. and no bottle rockets lit up or anything special like that.

Put it in my wallet with my other ones. Waiting for it to sink in... now to go find some crows, lol.

Any blood in the streets in neighborhood?

Congratulations.

Yiippee… Received the license in the mail today. NOTE:

On the ISP web page I am still showing "under review." I am in DuPage county.

I applied 12/18. Issue date: 2/27/14

Expires: 2/27/19

Someone else made reference to getting their license in the mail while still being listed as "Under Review." This is an anomaly, right? Virtually everyone else got "Approved" first, right?

Yiippee… Received the license in the mail today. NOTE:

On the ISP web page I am still showing "under review." I am in DuPage county.

I applied 12/18. Issue date: 2/27/14

Expires: 2/27/19

Someone else made reference to getting their license in the mail while still being listed as "Under Review." This is an anomaly, right? Virtually everyone else got "Approved" first, right?

I've seen at least 3 or 4 who said they were under review online, but their CCL came in the mail.

Approved 2/27, arrived 3/3.

For the record, nope, no blood in the streets (yes, I checked the gutters, but they hadn't been cleared yet):

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/WCFA/Wally%20Walk%202014/IMG_0271.jpg

Obligatory Wally Walk:

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/WCFA/Wally%20Walk%202014/IMG_0268.jpg

And Hooter's Commentary:

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/WCFA/Wally%20Walk%202014/IMG_0275.jpg

Despite the worst predictions, my pistol did not jump out of its holster and go bang! bang!

Edited by PDC

Hello,

I live in St. Louis County, and this is my first post here. I just joined the forum in order to congratulate the IL gunnies on this historic event, and to be a part of this thread.

Paints-n-cows, thanks for that picture on your permit. That is great!

I've been carrying in Missouri for about a year, and let me just reassure you all. Aside from the extreme awesome of getting to have your favorite pistol with you all day (or at least, some pistol of some kind), carrying will be no big deal. No one will know, or care, unless they deserve to (in a most felonious way).

Now, please do something about the horrible rules for us non-residents. I can't afford to carry in Illinois, so how will I attend the Sock Monkey Madness festival?

And once again,

Congratulations!

Just got home and rushed to the mailbox, but it was empty.

BUT, I got to the house and my mail was in the porch with the box for a new p938 holster, and my CCL was ruberbannded to it. Feels like Christmas. Applied 1/2, approved 2/28, received 3/3 in Metamora, Woodford county.

Hey, that happened to me, too!

Thanks for the very warm welcome, folks.

It's just awesome to know people are legally carrying concealed in Chicago tonight! :clap:

Now, please do something about the horrible rules for us non-residents.

At least some of us are pushing hard for you.... for non-discriminatory issue to every American.

Up until this weekend though, you had the advantage - being a non-resident, since last July you could have carried in your vehicle in IL, which IL residents could not do even with non-res permits.

Edited by Gamma

At least some of us are pushing hard for you.... for non-discriminatory issue to every American.

Up until this weekend though, you had the advantage - being a non-resident, since last July you could have carried in your vehicle in IL, which IL residents could not do even with non-res permits.

So I can carry a loaded gun in my vehicle? If it's not too much trouble, could you show me where to find that statute? The ISP website disagrees with you. Perhaps they are outdated?

So I can carry a loaded gun in my vehicle? If it's not too much trouble, could you show me where to find that statute? The ISP website disagrees with you. Perhaps they are outdated?

Section 40(e).