My license was in my mail today!

Received my license in the mail today, 95 days after submission.

I had my service dog sitting watch at the top of the stairs all day; he's trained to bark whenever deliveries come to the building, people walk by, or anything occurs around the property.

He's enough of an idiot savant to know when I set him at the top of the stairs, it's important so he sticks to the spot and keeps watch like a soldier.

The second the mail person rolled up in front of the house, it was like the Hounds of H ell with him thundering down the stairs to announce the arrival.

He got half the steak I was eating, medium-rare 45-day aged ribeye.

He's a good dog.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

My FOID which was "REVOKED" is now "ACTIVE"

MY CCL which was "SUSPENDED" remains suspended.

I have sent the complete "Court Paperwork File" to the Firearm Services Bureau but nothing has happened in almost a month.

Does anyone have the current email for the FSB- CCL REVIEW?

The address posted earlier (CCL_Appeals@isp.state.il.us) is not active.

The phone number 217-782-7980 doesn't lead to a live person,

Edited by Robert4960

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some information that I did not see posted about much specifically, which is:

What do you do if your CCL has been activated but you never received your card?

I applied (no prints) on 6/9/2020, and the ISP website shows my CCL became active 10/13/2020. But I have yet to receive my card. I know reading through this forum that some people get their cards in as few as three days, but it could take 7 to 14 days, and to call after that. I know I am only at 7 days now, but would like to get started on an inquiry anyway. But who do you call? I tried the number given on the ISP wesite (217) 782-7980), and went through the whole answer tree but could not find any option to get delivery status or report never receiving it. And I don't want to wait too long to communicate the issue to them, because they would probably just assume I lost it.

If it did indeed get lost in the mail I don't think it is fair to require another $75 on top of the app fee to replace it :(

Any recommendations on how to proceed? TIA...

Hi all,
I'm hoping to get some information that I did not see posted about much specifically, which is:
I applied (no prints) on 6/9/2020, and the ISP website shows my CCL became active 10/13/2020. But I have yet to receive my card. I know reading through this forum that some people get their cards in as few as three days, but it could take 7 to 14 days, and to call after that. I know I am only at 7 days now, but would like to get started on an inquiry anyway. But who do you call? I tried the number given on the ISP wesite (217) 782-7980), and went through the whole answer tree but could not find any option to get delivery status or report never receiving it. And I don't want to wait too long to communicate the issue to them, because they would probably just assume I lost it.
If it did indeed get lost in the mail I don't think it is fair to require another $75 on top of the app fee to replace it :(

If it does not arrive in the mail by 14 days, let us know. DO NOT request a replacement.

Hi all,

I went Active on 10/13 also.

As of 10/21 no card in the mail.

Applied (CCL) 7/13 and went active 10/13

I am in Dupage County.

Hi all,

I am in Dupage County.

Prints or no prints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I am in Dupage County.

Prints or no prints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prints

Edited by FrPistola

Hi all,

If it does not arrive in the mail by 14 days, let us know. DO NOT request a replacement.

So I did receive my card today (10/23/2020). I was starting to get nervous :). Thanks to all for offering help if it became necessary.

bspoogeferd

I applied 6/20/2020. Was rejected yesterday (10/26/2020) due to invalid certification uploaded by my instructor. He uploaded a USCCA certificate instead of the ISP provided form. I waited 130+ days, checking the website religiously only to find out that my paperwork wasn't correct. This was heart breaking. I resubmitted my application today with the correct information this time (hopefully). My question is, will I have to wait another 130+ days or does my application stay where it is? I would hate to have to wait another 4 months due to instructor negligence. Would getting prints help decrease my wait time for a resubmitted application or will the ISP pull my application and review within the next few weeks? Thank you all for the help

Did you reapply from scratch? I thought I had read for bad certs they gave you a chance just to upload a corrected cert via a fix link. Previous posts have indicated it usually does not pick up at existing day count but may start over. I could be wrong since Ive never dealt with that.

Sadly at the quality control data verification step, you may not be that far along in the process anyway.

Edited by InterestedBystander

4 full months to tell someone their cert is wrong?

Sad isn’t the word that should be used in this case.

And if he wasn’t that far into the process, how much longer could it have been?

Unfortunately he is likely to start over from scratch if the fix cert link wasn’t used.

I’d be p***** for sure. But as everyone is stating these days, “It’s Illinois what cha going to do?”

Did you reapply from scratch? I thought I had read for bad certs they gave you a chance just to upload a corrected cert via a fix link. Previous posts have indicated it usually does not pick up at existing day count but may start over. I could be wrong since Ive never dealt with that.

Sadly at the quality control data verification step, you may not be that far along in the process anyway.

i didnt have to reapply from scratch, but i uploaded the forms and that was it. I hope I dont have to wait another 4 months.

4 full months to tell someone their cert is wrong?

Sad isn’t the word that should be used in this case.

And if he wasn’t that far into the process, how much longer could it have been?

Unfortunately he is likely to start over from scratch if the fix cert link wasn’t used.

I’d be p***** for sure. But as everyone is stating these days, “It’s Illinois what cha going to do?”

yea its very frustrating. I used the link provided on the website to re-upload the cert. hopefully I wont have to wait 4 more months. Maybe a moderator or someone in office can look into this to help me out?

A USCCA cert? One should always read or at least scan whatever they are signing. As for the instructor...a big fail if producing certs for an entire completed class to sign.

I never signed anything initially. I signed up for his class and met with him and another student privately at his office. We completed the course over the weekend, took pictures for the site and he uploaded the USCCA cert from his computer. It wasn't until I was rejected and contacted him that he gave me the proper form with the curriculum ID, the hours completed, and instructor ID number. When I looked him up online, his credentials all checked out.

When I did my 3hr renewal class in the fall of 2019 my instructor submitted the copy of my certificate and there was one number that was off on the curriculum number. So the state waits until I'm at 121 days before they reject my application. There was a button for resubmitting the proper curriculum number which was done by my instructor less than 24 hours after my application was rejected. I finally went active at precisely 240 days and received my new license a few days later. Fortunately we are allowed to continue carrying on an expired license as long as the renewal process is started before the expiration date. I did not do prints in 2014 and received my original license after 97 days. I also didn't do prints in 2019 either. Unless they make prints mandatory I will not be doing them in the future as well. Brobinson65, I hope your situation is rectified soon and you get your license shortly.