My license was in my mail today!

Yay!! My license came in the mail today. 3 days after it was issued. I did my "Wally walk" by actually carrying to go pick up my new gun!

When did you apply, and did you submit prints?

08/20 - Applied (with prints)

08/28 - QC Verified

09/15 - Approved

09/25 - Active

Received the physical license in the mail a few days after (4 I think).

For all who want to know if their CCL will be delivered go to USPS.com and sign up for Informed Delivery. It will let you know what will be delivered in your mail that day. Check it out.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

There is an app for your smartphone too.

Sorry if it sounds like a commercial.

Edited by spec5

I can't believe that because you have to have foid first

He's likely referring to the new FOID they send with the number that matches your CCL number.

That aside, you do not have to already have a FOID card to apply for your CCL...you can apply for both at the same time.

Yuup, I already had my old FOID but the new one came in the day after I got my CCL

Thanks for your help! Based on what others are seeing, it seems unusual that I went to approved so quickly.

Applied: 7/9 NO PRINTS

Email Trick: 7/19

QC Verified: 7/21

APPROVED: 9/17 or earlier

If anyone has recently gone ACTIVE, about how long did it take you to go from APPROVED to ACTIVE to card in hand?

UPDATE

Went active on 10/13. On Thursday 10/12, I called the ISPFB number (217-782-7980) and spoke with someone. I forgot which option I pressed, may have been general questions. Spoke with a nice lady (Bonnie?) and inquired about the status of my application. She said everything looked good, and I was going to be sent to printing soon. Checked the website a few days later, showed ACTIVE 10/13. Had the same number as my current FOID.

Using informed delivery, I saw that it's been postmarked 10/18. I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago so it should arrive any day now! My AlienGear ShapeShift should be arriving this week as well!

Thank you to everyone on this topic for providing such great insights! Carry safely and be well!

Thanks for your help! Based on what others are seeing, it seems unusual that I went to approved so quickly.

If anyone has recently gone ACTIVE, about how long did it take you to go from APPROVED to ACTIVE to card in hand?

UPDATE

Went active on 10/13.

You really took a long time to go from approved to active - almost a month. I went approved last week- hope I'm not waiting as long.

UPDATE

Went active on 10/13.

You really took a long time to go from approved to active - almost a month. I went approved last week- hope I'm not waiting as long.

What is the "email trick"?

UPDATE

Went active on 10/13.

What is the "email trick"?

Send the ISP an email with an innocuous question that requires them to open your file in the hope that it will then get your case moving.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So after a long long wait! I finally went active!!

I applied - 7/30

I went qc Verified - 9/13

I went approved - 10/13

I went active - 10/30

I emailed them on the 30th because my application didn’t say active that day yet. I’m not sure if it helped or not but they emailed me today saying how “my application went from approved to active yesterday” which would be the 30th! So yes!!

Applied: 9/21 with prints

Approved: 10/18

Active: 10/24

in hand?

Have you received your card in the mail yet?

Applied: 9/21 with prints

Approved: 10/18

Active: 10/24

in hand?

Have you received your card in the mail yet?

Yes, I got it two weeks ago, around the 27th.

Nice, congrats!

Hello fellow gun owners,

First off, I would like to give a BIG Thank You to Molly B. Also all the other admins/isp.

I want to tell everyone that the process is definitely a time consuming thing to consider when you're in the process of your CCW. I had a friend of mines that licenses took over 2 years to get processed but he's now in the clear with his license.

When you first apply for the license you have to be patient. I know it sounds hard to do when applying and awaiting but it will help you with over thinking or trying to get answers.

So, my process for getting a ccw has been a long as well. I've been waiting on my license for over 1 year.

1. Apply for CCW online 11-2016

2. Got finger printed 11-2016

3. Took class 11- 2016 (end of month)

4. Isp site 12-2016 (Under Review)

5. (30 day letter from isp) 1-2017

6. (30 day letter from isp)(Under Board Review) 2-2017

7. (30 day letter from isp) 3-2017

8. Over the next 4 mths 30 day letter from isp

9. I went on IllinoisCarry 8-2017 (seen info from others regarding ways to get ISP to move a bit faster)

10. I decided to send a email to isp regarding the app but I said I wanted to know if my middle name was a issue 8-2017

11. Less than a week later I received a email from a isp employee. They told me "everything with my middle name was fine" 8-2017

12. Later in that same month I thought about my finger prints and thought maybe they wasn't valid so I sent another email 8-2017

13. Less than a week later I received another email from a isp employee. They told me "my finger prints were fine" So I thought to myself maybe my expungement didn't go thru or something but I did receive it from a judge. I called my lawyer that did my case and she told me "I'm cleared" so on the site I checked again and I was still "Under Board Review" I also had my brother which is a state police officer to run my name in the system and he said it was nothing showing under my name for any law enforcements. I was really confused by this time but I just keep looking on this site to give me ease.

14. (30 day letter from isp) 9-2017

15. I was out of town and returned to find a letter from isp. I wasn't really going to look at it because I thought it was another letter as usual. But when I opened it the letter it was finally the objection telling me "CPD gave objection due to my previous case" By the time I read the full letter I literally had only 3 days to reply. I couldn't wait to get home and get all my documents together to submit to them to over turn the decision they made. I had all the documents from my lawyer/judge signed order showing my expungement was approved and finalized. So I went straight to my computer and scanned every single document that I had from the judge and my lawyer. My status still was "Under Board Review" 10-2017

16. This month I was so ready for the process to be over and for them to make a decision. I wanted to check the site but I didn't I waited for like 1 week before I check the site again. Deep down in my heart I know I had did all the correct steps to getting my CCW. 11-2017

17. I Finally went "Active" Im assuming they looked at the letters I sent from my lawyer/judge that basically states that since my expungement was approved that all law enforcements must destroy all info pertaining to my previous case!!! I was soooooooo excited. I was still in shock seeing the "active" happen on the isp site so I logged off/on like 3-5 times to see if it real and yup it was. I went active on 11-17-2017 and received my license in hand 11-21-2017

Everyone thats awaiting the process its a fairly long wait process but its very worth it.

Im now happy carrying and a advocate of this site and the nra.

Shooters stick together were a family!!! Stay positive and watch out for the bad guys!!! Stay ready esp at movies and walmart "LBS"

objection telling me "CPD gave objection due to my previous case"

This absolutely has to be illegal --- even if they can see it. I know when I interviewed for Global Entry with Customs and Border Protection, I was told even if they could see something had been expunged because not everything was destroyed, it would be illegal for them to factor that into their decision. My guess is that because there is no penalty, CPD or Tom Dart are making illegal objections, which is even worse than illegitimate objections.

• 3 weeks later...