My license was in my mail today!

Submitted on 6/11 no prints, don't remember the day I went QC_verified or approved, active on 9/11, postmarked 9/12, in my hand on 9/14. I did the email trick 30 days in and my wife did not, and we got our license on the same day. I can't remember who put the link to the USPS informed mail, but thank you so much. I watched that everyday after I didn't have the ISP website anymore. Wally walk today.

I've been following this forum regularly since first having been interested in a CCL. Thanks to everyone that's provided guidance and support.

One thing I didn't understand was the QC_APPROVED or "APPROVED". When I inspect element in Chrome I get this:

<span class="APPROVED">Under Review</span>

What does that mean? I think that's where I saw QC_VERIFIED a while back after I tried the email trick.

Any insights would be much appreciated!

Edited by swshield9

I've been following this forum regularly since first having been interested in a CCL. Thanks to everyone that's provided guidance and support.

One thing I didn't understand was the QC_APPROVED or "APPROVED". When I inspect element in Chrome I get this:

<span class="APPROVED">Under Review</span>

What does that mean? I think that's where I saw QC_VERIFIED a while back after I tried the email trick.

Any insights would be much appreciated!

The sub element items are not documented or discussed by the ISP, but that is where you will see movement...submitted, qc-verified (i.e. quality control), approved and active. Your app may stay in any one for an unspecified period of time or may appear to skip one. Its not as predictable as when apps first opened up.

Approved is a good thing...you are almost there and no board review.

Thanks for your help! Based on what others are seeing, it seems unusual that I went to approved so quickly.

Applied: 7/9 NO PRINTS

Email Trick: 7/19

QC Verified: 7/21

APPROVED: 9/17 or earlier

If anyone has recently gone ACTIVE, about how long did it take you to go from APPROVED to ACTIVE to card in hand?

I'm in a similar boat as you as I am at "Approved" and waiting to be active. I went Approved on 09/15. Tomorrow will be 30 days since I applied so I'm hoping it will pop active any day...the wait is killing me haha.

Thanks for your help! Based on what others are seeing, it seems unusual that I went to approved so quickly.

If anyone has recently gone ACTIVE, about how long did it take you to go from APPROVED to ACTIVE to card in hand?

In the early days, "no prints" went around 90 days from submission to Active and/or in hand. Today it seems closer to 100 in general. From Active to in hand seems around 7-14 days. Its not always the same day that cards get printed, batched/bunched/sorted, sent to USPS, then depending on how long it takes to get to you from Springfield.

I went didn't even see Approved and I was checking everyday. Mine went straight to ACTIVE in just over 30 days. Received it in the mail (2 separate envelopes...FOID and CCL) about 4 business days later.

I went active on September 7 2017 and still waiting on ccl to arrive in mail. I just don't understand it.

That's too long, it may have gotten lost in the mail or returned to the ISP. Send an email to Ask_CCL@isp.state.il.us.

Let them know about the delay.

And be sure to include your full legal name and license number

Mine came in yesterday. I had family in town visiting from Canada, but they live out in the country there and are very pro-gun so they were able to be happy for me. Carried out to dinner and the rest of the evening for the first time and felt guilty for having waited so long to get around to doing the CCL paperwork afterwards.

Congrats, and today you are doing your Wally Walk, right? ;)

Mine came in yesterday. I had family in town visiting from Canada, but they live out in the country there and are very pro-gun so they were able to be happy for me. Carried out to dinner and the rest of the evening for the first time and felt guilty for having waited so long to get around to doing the CCL paperwork afterwards.

Congrats, and today you are doing your Wally Walk, right? ;)

Of course :)