My license was in my mail today!

i just checked my ccl status, and i went under board review today. i immediately called isp and they said i had an objection from a local law enforcement agency, i have no idea what this could be for... what are my next steps?

And i thought that leo agencies had 30 days to object, and this is my 84th day?

i live in cook county, may i have been "DARTED"?

I just received my 5th letter from them saying they need another 30 days. You're in for a long wait. As we all are that are under board review

what are the reasons i could have been objected, i have no clue?

what are the reasons i could have been objected, i have no clue?

Living in Cook County, it could be any number of things.

I've seen people receive objections for a fight they got into in high school, old misdemeanor arrests that never went anywhere, simply being picked up and taken to the station, but no arrest or charges... even people who only had contact cards written in their name.

Basically, anything whatsoever related to any contact at all with law enforcement.

wow i was never involved in a fight, i did get a ticket for public urination by CPD ( against a dumpster in an alley ) over 2 years ago, i was helping my girl friends mom out at her job and accidentally hit the silent alarm about 3 years about with having to explain that to the police... and i once was arrested by CPD for not having my drivers license with me while i was in HS, but idk if it was an arrest because my friend followed the police to the station in my truck and i was released. but idk how this could affect anything?

Edited by Chi-Town-Raised

wow i was never involved in a fight, i did get a ticket for public urination by CPD ( against a dumpster in an alley ) over 2 years ago, i was helping my girl friends mom out at her job and accidentally hit the silent alarm about 3 years about with having to explain that to the police... and i once was arrested by CPD for not having my drivers license with me while i was in HS, but idk if it was an arrest because my friend followed the police to the station in my truck and i was released. but idk how this could affect anything?

Correct, none of that means anything to reasonable, intelligent adults.

However, you live in Cook County, and Sheriff Dart uses any possible excuse to object to CCL applications, which is the primary reason the board is close to a year behind at the moment.

The board will likely reverse your objection, but it is going to take a while before that happens.

Like maybe you'll get your CCL as a Christmas present, if you're lucky.

Correct, none of that means anything to reasonable, intelligent adults.

However, you live in Cook County, and Sheriff Dart uses any possible excuse to object to CCL applications, which is the primary reason the board is close to a year behind at the moment.

The board will likely reverse your objection, but it is going to take a while before that happens.

Like maybe you'll get your CCL as a Christmas present, if you're lucky.

okay thanks a lot for your input, how does this board review process usually work? and how will i know when my objection is reversed?

and i thought that leo agencies only had 30 days to object?

Edited by Chi-Town-Raised

okay thanks a lot for your input, how does this board review process usually work? and how will i know when my objection is reversed?

Not sure why it took so long to change to "Under Board Review," but I've seen a few that this happened to. Still, the objection window is only 30 days... so more than likely, the lack of status change earlier on was just an oversight, or they're just really busy at the ISP and hadn't gotten around to updating it.

Per recent posts from Molly, I believe the board is currently reviewing objections from last April/May time frame. Basically, once they get to your application, they'll have a look at the reasons provided for the objection. In many cases, they simply overturn the objection outright, in which case they'll send a letter stating something to that effect, and your status will go back to "Under Review." If they feel the objection might be warranted, they'll send you a letter which states the reason(s) for the objection, and ask that you respond with whatever "evidence" you feel should be needed to object to the objection. They'll then review everything and come to a decision.

Assuming the info you have provided here is true, they'll likely just overturn the objection and not ask for anything from you.

But you're in for a wait, either way.

Not sure why it took so long to change to "Under Board Review," but I've seen a few that this happened to. Still, the objection window is only 30 days... so more than likely, the lack of status change earlier on was just an oversight, or they're just really busy at the ISP and hadn't gotten around to updating it.

Per recent posts from Molly, I believe the board is currently reviewing objections from last April/May time frame. Basically, once they get to your application, they'll have a look at the reasons provided for the objection. In many cases, they simply overturn the objection outright, in which case they'll send a letter stating something to that effect, and your status will go back to "Under Review." If they feel the objection might be warranted, they'll send you a letter which states the reason(s) for the objection, and ask that you respond with whatever "evidence" you feel should be needed to object to the objection. They'll then review everything and come to a decision.

Assuming the info you have provided here is true, they'll likely just overturn the objection and not ask for anything from you.

okay thank you again... i haven't had any issues since i got my foid in oct 2015, have you seen people get there foid then get an objection for there ccl?

okay thank you again... i haven't had any issues since i got my foid in oct 2015, have you seen people get there foid then get an objection for there ccl?

Yep. The FOID and CCL have different standards, as evidenced by the abundance of B.S. objections by Dart. ;)

would going to my state rep or senator help? and i applied a week after i turned 21... that couldn't be a problem right? lol

Yep. The FOID and CCL have different standards, as evidenced by the abundance of B.S. objections by Dart. ;)

would going to my state rep or senator help? and i applied a week after i turned 21... that couldn't be a problem right? lol

Nope and nope lol.

Though it wouldn't hurt to talk to your legislators, if nothing more than to voice your opinions of the way the FCCA's objection window is used to arbitrarily and subjectively delay/deny someone's rights, even when they meet all of the statutory qualification and eligibility requirements.

I applied 9/2015 and was under review until 12/2015 ,thats when i went under board review. Close to 90 days after applying. Since then i have received my 5th 30 day letter. Just put the idea of getting it on the back burner. No sense checking isp website everyday. I think ive checked it so many times its burned an image of under board review to my screen!!!! Lmao

Nope and nope lol.

Though it wouldn't hurt to talk to your legislators, if nothing more than to voice your opinions of the way the FCCA's objection window is used to arbitrarily and subjectively delay/deny someone's rights, even when they meet all of the statutory qualification and eligibility requirements.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the first nope. Not sure what they could do, but they won't do anything if you don't ask. A number of Senators and Representatives have procedures in place to help their constituents apply for CC through their offices. I'm sure some have encountered the same problem as you. We tend to forget they're there to represent us, just be polite and honest when explaining your situation. The worst that could happen is they might tell you they can't help.

Nope and nope lol.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the first nope. Not sure what they could do, but they won't do anything if you don't ask. A number of Senators and Representatives have procedures in place to help their constituents apply for CC through their offices. I'm sure some have encountered the same problem as you. We tend to forget they're there to represent us, just be polite and honest when explaining your situation. The worst that could happen is they might tell you they can't help.

I did qualify that statement with a follow-up that it wouldn't hurt..

But being that the OP lives in Cook County, it's unlikely that his legislators would even want to help.

Be cool and patient. You may not have to do anything at all but wait. It is my understanding that you should be made aware within a reasonable amount of time.

WD

SUBMITTED with prints: 3/24/16

QC VERIFIED: 5/4/16

Went approved the morning of 5/17, checked back later that afternoon ACTIVE!

Received in mail 5/20

Wow very close to my timing!

Applied 03-31-16 with prints

Finally went qc qualified on 05-07-16

Then finally qc approved on 05-20-16

Active 05-23-16

Card in mailbox 05-25-16

Will county.....

Applied 04/01

Went qc 04/03

Approved 05/28

Waiting for mailman

But has anyone seen the price isp is charging for address and name change man it use to be $5

start waiting for mailman when it goes ACTIVE

I am damn its taking long lol. Called today they said there sending both foid and ccl. But im like keep the foid i just want my ccl lol

For those of us who live in Cook County, being Darted is happening quite often. The Cook County Sheriff website has posted statistics relating to concealed carry license applications it has challenged:

http://cookcountysheriff.org/conceal_and_carry.html

Oh man what a turd..... That county can break off and float to the Atlantic....

We should all go to the linked page, on the right it says "report a crime tip"

We can all report the needless deferral of CCW licenses that Dart is doing.......

Edited by Milesvdustin

So from I read here, there is no rule on how long one needs to wait for the license. I believe that the fact that I was a Legal Permanent Resident, till this past February when I became a US citizen, may slow down the process. I never had any problems with the law other than speeding ticket.

About Dart now, isn't that a truth that they only have 30 days to object your application? So since I am on day 40+ and still under review I should be clear out of Poice objections or am I?

I'd say the only rule is you wait until your status goes active. The act's 90 days prints/120 days no-prints are usually met but no penalties if not. People under board review are waiting 1 yr+.

Yes, LE has 30 days to object, but I thought that start was from the point your application was deemed as quality checked, i.e. all data submitted, correct format, addresses match, etc. Maybe someone else can come along to verify and provide insight on how long that takes after submission. Im guessing it takes longer than it used to and perhaps varies greatly.

This is where the sub element inspection status of submitted, qc_verified, approved and active used to be helpful, but now there doesnt seem to be any consistant time frames for moving between statuses

Edited by InterestedBystander

I'd say the only rule is you wait until your status goes active. The act's 90 days prints/120 days no-prints are usually met but no penalties if not. People under board review are waiting 1 yr+.

Yes, LE has 30 days to object, but I thought that start was from the point your application was deemed as quality checked, i.e. all data submitted, correct format, addresses match, etc. Maybe someone else can come along to verify and provide insight on how long that takes after submission. Im guessing it takes longer than it used to and perhaps varies greatly.

This is where the sub element inspection status of submitted, qc_verified, approved and active used to be helpful, but now there doesnt seem to be any consistant time frames for moving between statuses

+1 on this. From what my CCL instructor said in class the 30 day appeals process starts after all your information is verified. so like he said just assume if you submitted prints it will be 90 days or with out 120.