Guns being destroyed in Rockford

lawman

Do they melt down that Humvee or Lexus they confiscate from some drug dealer?

If it's anything like the towns around me they turn the high profile confiscated cars into celebrity cop cars and parade them around town like a circus act, the rest are generally auctioned off, auctioned is loosely used since it's usually never announced to the pubic instead it's a spur of the moment thing at some town meeting that conveniently all the connected people's friends and family all the sudden show up at...

The village I used to live in did this all the time, never an announcement they were auctioning something off and then when reading the minutes of the meeting for that week you see they had a sealed bid for a confiscated car and it sold for $50 to a trustee or board member...

We probably do pay to have these destroyed too, while the government screams being broke! They could have avoided paying to destroy them, saved that money, and then auctioned them off to legal gun owners, and made even more money!! Watching them get crushed hurts!!

They could easily auction these to FFL's or even the public and have the buyer get an FFL to transfer. what a waste.

Do they melt down that Humvee or Lexus they confiscate from some drug dealer?

If it's anything like the towns around me they turn the high profile confiscated cars into celebrity cop cars and parade them around town like a circus act, the rest are generally auctioned off, auctioned is loosely used since it's usually never announced to the pubic instead it's a spur of the moment thing at some town meeting that conveniently all the connected people's friends and family all the sudden show up at...

The village I used to live in did this all the time, never an announcement they were auctioning something off and then when reading the minutes of the meeting for that week you see they had a sealed bid for a confiscated car and it sold for $50 to a trustee or board member...

If you are talking about Caseyville, IL, then it really is a small world.

In the late 1990's, I shot USPSA and IDPA matches with a guy by the name of J.D. Roth. He was a cop and a police academy instructor. He made it to Chief of Police for Caseyville. Then there was some scandal involving car auctions and he decided to suck start a shotgun:

http://www.bnd.com/2013/06/24/2669414/report-former-caseyville-police.html

Hmmn... That article says the ATF was investigating him too.

Archived