411 from ISP on board review

So I'm currently active… (that comes off in a funny way)

Do any of you bad guys that were under board review like myself still want to know why and who objected? or is it just me?

Hold the answer i have to go check my mailbox real quick...

I hadn't thought of that. You mean you never find out who objected and why?

Nope, no clue. So it is fine for now that I am active, but is there a chance I have to go through all this again when I renew?

Do any of you bad guys that were under board review like myself still want to know why and who objected? or is it just me?

I would love to know why I was objected to. If it was because I entered an address where I didnt update my license or was it something else. If it is something simple that I caused (address) then it would be nice to know so I can avoid that when I renew.

I would love to know why I was objected to. If it was because I entered an address where I didnt update my license or was it something else. If it is something simple that I caused (address) then it would be nice to know so I can avoid that when I renew.

I wouldn't worry about it for 5 years. It might have been something as simple as a clerical error. Anyway, you're licensed and if they threw you before the Board again tomorrow, they'd have to license you again.

I hadn't thought of that. You mean you never find out who objected and why?

Yes, it's not a big deal to me at all, but I would like to know. I'm sure it was dart and not des plaines if it was a Leo objection as a few of my friends have more on their record than I do and have made it to active with no problems.

I probably won't so I'm going outside to stand next to my mailbox and continue my happy dance!

Felt the love from my mailman today :-)

Now that a few of us have been through the process, our experience can/will help future applicants in knowing what to potentially expect.

Applied 1/2 W/prints

Went UBR on or abot 2/5

Went back UR on 2/25

Went active on 3/13

Received license on 3/17 (3 business days)

GL to all that follow and are reading this.

Now that a few of us have been through the process, our experience can/will help future applicants in knowing what to potentially expect.

Applied 1/2 W/prints

Went UBR on or abot 2/5

Went back UR on 2/25

Went active on 3/13

That is the best news I have heard all day. Now lets hope my mailman is as good as yours. BTW, are you near Cook County?

Applied 1/2 W/prints

Went UBR on or abot 2/5

Went back UR on 2/25

Went active on 3/13

That is the best news I have heard all day. Now lets hope my mailman is as good as yours. BTW, are you near Cook County?

I'm in will county. ..joliet area... and to operator45. ..NICE!

Applied 1/2 W/prints

Went UBR on or abot 2/5

Went back UR on 2/25

Went active on 3/13

I'm in will county. ..joliet area... and to operator45. ..NICE!

Well congrats to you both. I am going to make a mad dash home to get to my mail box after work. Hope its there. All three of us (and more) were UBRd and now have our rights. Shouldn't take an act of god to get them but at least we are working in the right direction. Now, lets get rid of these restrictions.

As of yesterday my status was active! So I'll be stalking my mailman for a few days.

Timeline:

1/15 applied with electronic prints

2/14 UBR

3/10 off UBR

3/20 active

Hopefully it'll be in the mail by Monday.

I have a Florida CCW that was issued in January of 2011. ISP website shows me as DENIED :no:

It could be for a gazillion technical reason. Wait for the letter, then we'll walk through the process.

Unfortunately, the basis for denial was not for a technical reason though the specific basis is still less than clear. I received my response yesterday.

Got mine in the mail Monday 3/24. So even with it going under board review it took a total of about 70 days

awesome. .Grats!

• 1 month later...

This could just be me, (and please correct me if I'm wrong) but through doing a lot of research on this forum and otherwise, it seems that near the end of that initial 30 day period, anyone with a speck of ANYTHING gets tossed to the review board.

Has anyone with any very minor past law enforcement run ins go straight from under review to active?

I went from Under Review to Under Board Review a day or two before the 30 days, could this just be their way of getting an extension on anyone with any sort of past? More and more this seems like a very automated process, kicking any application with any sort of LE contact thats near the 30 days to board review.

Maybe? Who knows. I'm probably just trying to make myself feel better about getting kicked to UBR. Hopefully I end up like some of you and going back to Under Review. At least in the source code, it says approved near under review, where as at first, its just two "under reviews"

I think anyone going from UR to UBR and back, its safe to say you are approved and they are waiting to make you active.

Good luck to us all. Hopefully I avoid getting Darted.

Has anyone actually received a request for more information from the board? It seems to appear from reading the forums here that if the board receives an objection, if it is obviously frivolus they will toss it, but if there is any question they are denying and leaving it up to the appeal process, which seems to be subverting their responsibility. Obviously this is pure speculation on my part as i dont have any hard and fast information on CCLRB processes, but I have yet to find anyone posting that they have received any requests for clarification or additional information from the board.