411 from ISP on board review

I too got put under board review as well on 2/3. Strangely enough, it was on the same day that I recieved the e-mail saying my application has been received (even though I submitted it on 1/12). I have no arrests or criminal history at all (except maybe a speeding ticket here or there). My address is correct and I have been at my location for over 10 years. I am totally perplexed as to why I would get put under board review.

Has any ones status change from under board review to anything else (ie back to under review, approved, or denied)? I have absolutely no clue how this system actually works.

Patiently waiting for the board to act on my application. Everything runs like ice cold molasses with this state. You can expect to hear nothing for at least a month. Ps I have a pretty good idea why I was flagged. I'm just waiting to find out how they vote.

I wish I had an idea why I was? I honestly have no idea why I was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too got put under board review as well on 2/3. Strangely enough, it was on the same day that I recieved the e-mail saying my application has been received (even though I submitted it on 1/12). I have no arrests or criminal history at all (except maybe a speeding ticket here or there). My address is correct and I have been at my location for over 10 years. I am totally perplexed as to why I would get put under board review.

Has any ones status change from under board review to anything else (ie back to under review, approved, or denied)? I have absolutely no clue how this system actually works.

AFAIK there has been no update to people currently under board review. Some of us (me included) are almost at the 30 day mark from when we were put under that status, so hopefully soon we get/hear/see something.

Sent an email to ISP and asked if I was on that list because of someone objecting to my application and if that was the case what was the objection . I was informed that yes the reason I was under board review is because of an objection and no they could not release the reason why and they didn't have access to It. Seems to me that if it pertains to ME and MY application and MY supposed criminal background that they should at least inform ME of what is was that I am supposedly under review for. Edited by almosthuman75

Sent an email to ISP and asked if I was on that list because of someone objecting to my application and if that was the case what was the objection . I was informed that yes the reason I was under board review is because of an objection and no they could not release the reason why and they didn't have access to It. Seems to me that if it pertains to ME and MY application and MY supposed criminal background that they should at least inform ME of what is was that I am supposedly under review for.

That information may have to come from the review board itself.

Well according to its own site the isp is supposed to notify you of any change in your status.......seeing as how I am now under a review board I should at least gotten an email but I didn't get a damn thing...they need to get their **** together

I agree!! My status changed and I never received and e-mail. I didn't even know what it meant when the status changed. Never having any run ins with the law, I just assumed it was the next step in the approval process. It wasn't until I found this forum that I found out what it actually meant. We should have the right to know what the objection is at the very least. Of course, I live in Cook County, so it wouldn't surprise me if I got 'Darted' just because of that.

It was stated that any changes in status including board review should kick out an email. AND Todd said we should get a letter as to why.

"During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s home address."

I think wkoukios might be right that the ISP only considers changes "key" when they leave the review stage altogether.

Well, Here's to hoping the process is working as designed... I too received an email saying I paid in early February. That same day my status was changed to under board review. I have a very good idea why... issues in cook county back in 2004. No convictions however. Day before yesterday my status was changed back to under review. (source code says under review and approved) No one has heard anything from the board but I am taking this to mean they are going through the applications and voiding out Darts frivilous objections... Best way to tell would be by someone who was under board review that has been denied I guess.... Now to see if the approval dates are pushed back because of the board review or if they keep them moving along...

Guys, everybody here is overthinking this entire process. A police officer who actually objects to applications at his department basically said they object to any applicant if they had any internal report made on them regardless if the report was false and leave it to the board to decide what to do with it. He basically went on to state once they submit to the board they do not intervene anymore. He said you don't even need to have an arrest for them to object, a simple again police report made on you would have you flagged. That said, worrying about this like crazy is just going to drive yourselves crazy. Just wait until you get the letter if you were denied and/or letter from ISP. A good attorney as long as you don't have any convictions should be able to overturn any objection or denial in circuit court. What I don't understand is I think the statute is quite clear, all a LEO needs is "reasonable suspicion" which could be just a hunch. Hello! What does that tell you? But for them to get you denied by board would need a higher standard which would be difficult to prove unless you had several dealings with cops coming to your house.

CNWFan3, no the LEO told me only if someone in the police report said someone was making a threat. I don't think they would object to a false fire alarm. But from what I am taking from this, LEO's are objecting for liability reasons so if the guy who seemed a danger ends up doing something horrible, at least they said they did everything they could and the omen was on the board. Either way, I think too many here are getting too worked up for nothing. I mean in two months we will all know for sure what is going on but unless you are clearly a deranged person, any lawyer worth his salt will be able to get any denial be it ISP for statute reasons or board, overturned. I mean if you have a valid FOID card and you only got arrested for maybe 1 thing, and even if you never got arrested no convictions, unless they can prove their case by a preponderance of evidence, which has to prove you a danger to others, they will not be able to win in a circuit court. Again the LEO can basically object to any reason even a hunch

Maybe Molly or someone would know the answer to this... If you were placed to the review board, then back to under review, should we assume we cleared the objection? Also... should we expect to be delayed on our permits being issued for the length of time we were under the board review?

I've asked that question multiple times with no answer. ..GL finding out. Apparently it's a taboo question :-/

A police officer who actually objects to applications at his department basically said they object to any applicant if they had any internal report made on them regardless if the report was false[/] and leave it to the board to decide what to do with it.

That's ridiculous, even with the perception of "liability" explanation.

More reason to hate ( D )a machine.

not necessarily true. An applicant could have been arrested for verbally threatening to harm someone in a road rage incident or maybe a domestic arrest neither of which resulted in a conviction for example that caused the LE officer to flag them. The board decides "yes this person could be a threat in carrying a concealed firearm"

And I hope every one denied for a non-conviction sues the State and all those involved in the denial from top to bottom and gets their big payday for a denial of a civil right...

I'm one of the innocent who were denied and I am MORE than ready to start the law suits! I've gotten one referral for an attorney already.

Edited by captain85

Maybe Molly or someone would know the answer to this... If you were placed to the review board, then back to under review, should we assume we cleared the objection? Also... should we expect to be delayed on our permits being issued for the length of time we were under the board review?

If an application was under review board and now back under just regular review I would think it has cleared and is now waiting for "approval" and printing. We won't know about being delayed until someone makes it through the process and we see if there was a delay.

If an application was under review board and now back under just regular review I would think it has cleared and is now waiting for "approval" and printing. We won't know about being delayed until someone makes it through the process and we see if there was a delay.

thanks Molly... It seems they are delaying approvals then too. From stuff I have read here, all the applications from 1-5 have been approved... Mine is still under review, but ill keep looking to see how long they take...

thanks Molly... It seems they are delaying approvals then too. From stuff I have read here, all the applications from 1-5 have been approved... Mine is still under review, but ill keep looking to see how long they take...

I think there are quite a few from 1/5 that haven't been marked as approved yet.

Reported approvals coming in from a few that went from UBR to UR. The time that they were UBR seems close to the amount (but not exact) to the time that it took to get approved once placed back UR.

Personally, I was UBR for around 20 days and have back UR for about 13.

Thanks for the heads up JK!!! That is the info I was looking for. I was hoping additional review time would not be necessary but I guess any excuse the ISP can have to delay issuing permits would not be passed up.

The departments and divisions tasked with the licensing process are working very hard to get licenses out by or before the deadlines in the law. No one is purposely delaying or looking for excuses to delay.

Molly,

I didnt mean to sound harsh... I was under review for almost a month, then board review for 3 weeks, now under review again for going on 3 weeks. Maybe knowing the process would help us understand.

My assumption was... first 30 days is LEO review and ISP review. If nothing stands out, whats next besides entering info and printing permits?