Approved NOT!

lockman

a couple of people told me that had seen their applications as approved which included an expiration date. So lets use 1/20 as an example. My talks with ISP has yielded that they may not push licensess out as the cops have not gotten the suplimental training fromthe training board. and they were concerned about interactions with RTC people. so I mentioned that I thought it unfiar that the clock is burning on their expiration of the permit, but they don't have it. a couple of days while its in the mail, no biggie. a month while they wait on the cops, that starts to become an issue.

My guess is, they have simply pulled them back as the figure out how soon they are goign to get these out the door, and if they were to sit on them, not create another problem.

a couple of people told me that had seen their applications as approved which included an expiration date. So lets use 1/20 as an example. My talks with ISP has yielded that they may not push licensess out as the cops have not gotten the suplimental training fromthe training board. and they were concerned about interactions with RTC people. so I mentioned that I thought it unfiar that the clock is burning on their expiration of the permit, but they don't have it. a couple of days while its in the mail, no biggie. a month while they wait on the cops, that starts to become an issue.

My guess is, they have simply pulled them back as the figure out how soon they are goign to get these out the door, and if they were to sit on them, not create another problem.

I find it interesting that the police have had six months to get their training and now that license are ready to go out the door, we still haven't got the training completed so hold the license.

I am also back "under review"

From T.V.'s post, I assume everyone is...

Sounds another way it was Darted

How complex can the training be?

You have a law abiding citizen who has undergone two background checks and local law enforcement had no issues with him/her having weapon, so you as an officer should treat them with respect and remember that he/she have a constitutional right to bear arms.

I find it interesting that the police have had six months to get their training and now that license are ready to go out the door, we still haven't got the training completed so hold the license.

Illinois residents need to complete 16 hours (or equivalent) of training. None of which could legally have begun until Oct.

LEOs should not need any training "to deal with" CCL's; however a little info is not a bad idea. What do you think 2-3 hours tops? And they had since JULY to get this done... Nearly 7 months...

Now we are waiting on them.

Todd, do you know what this "training" consists of?

This training should have been completed months ago, as out of state people could already carry in their cars, how have the IL police beein handling that if they don't have training?

Anyway the lack of them instituting the training is to be blunt, not our fault it's theirs, they had plenty of time to do it and knew full well when they needed to have it completed by...

This training should have been completed months ago, as out of state people could already carry in their cars, how have the IL police beein handling that if they don't have training?

Anyway the lack of them instituting the training is to be blunt, not our fault it's theirs, they had plenty of time to do it and knew full well when they needed to have it completed by...

Its not so much the IL state police I would be worried about, its every other department and how they handle it, especially around the city. Its not surprising to me this development though, they have been saying they will take the full 3 months to make sure they do it right. The order probably came down right from the king of IL himself

Interesting! Sort fits with what I heard today. An instructor for Kentucky concealed carry told me he had a student call to ask about carry in Illinois. He told him what the law said about in a vehicles (I showe him the law). Well student calls ISP (I could not find out who where) and was told that there was NO concealed carry in Illinois for out of state people, that IF they brought a gun into the state they had better have it unloaded, in a case and in the trunk or they would be arrested. So some ISP either lied or needs a lot of training on it.

Archived