McDonald's?

thornstein

Just had lunch with a buddy who owns 5 McDonald's stores (no, we didn't eat at McDonald's). I asked him what stance he was going to take on allowing CCW in his stores. He said "Good question, I'm not sure what corporate is going to say, if anything". I asked him what the McDonald's restaurants do in 49 other states and he wasn't sure.

Does anyone recall if they have a uniform policy in any other CCW state?

I just asked about this in another thread, as McDonalds is listed on the Wall of Shame on the Posted! app. Googling around, it appears that the corporate policy to honor the applicable local and state laws. However, I am hearing that franchise owners can make their own decisions.

I travel a lot for business. It seems that whenever CCW is enacted in a state- there are "no carry" signs every where initially. Within months or a year or two, you don't see them anymore. I expect the same thing here, other than the places that are required by law to post them.

Personally, I think it is more unsettling for gun fearing people to see the signs than to have people concealed carrying around them.

The McDonalds in Popular Bluff, Missouri is displaying a "NO GUN" sign on their door as of the end of November 2013. First time carry for me in Missour with my Utah CFL and the first place of business I decided to carry in. While I was heading toward the door, saw the sign and had to head back to the car to stow my gun. Should have just left, but we were meeting my wife's nephew and his wife there.

The sign was a strip of symbols, one for shirts, one for shoes, and one with a gun and a circle and red X over the gun. I don't think the sign was even 3" tall.

I travel a lot for business. It seems that whenever CCW is enacted in a state- there are "no carry" signs every where initially. Within months or a year or two, you don't see them anymore. I expect the same thing here, other than the places that are required by law to post them.

Personally, I think it is more unsettling for gun fearing people to see the signs than to have people concealed carrying around them.

I can't say that I have ever really noticed many "no carry" signs while traveling around the region. Haven't seen any pop up around here yet either. The first permits likely will start circulating within a month. When does anyone expect to see them begin popping up in Central IL??

Hope none go up! It will change my shopping habits.

The McDonalds in Popular Bluff, Missouri is displaying a "NO GUN" sign on their door as of the end of November 2013. First time carry for me in Missour with my Utah CFL and the first place of business I decided to carry in. While I was heading toward the door, saw the sign and had to head back to the car to stow my gun. Should have just left, but we were meeting my wife's nephew and his wife there.

The sign was a strip of symbols, one for shirts, one for shoes, and one with a gun and a circle and red X over the gun. I don't think the sign was even 3" tall.

You didn't need to turn around. The signs carry ZERO penalty in Missouri. They must SPECIFICALLY ask you to leave and IF you refuse, then it becomes a violation and carries a penalty.

You didn't need to turn around. The signs carry ZERO penalty in Missouri. They must SPECIFICALLY ask you to leave and IF you refuse, then it becomes a violation and carries a penalty.

Now that you mention it, I remember my father-in-law telling me the same thing. He lives in Southern Missouri and also has his CFL. Thanks for the info Nic.

The only sign I've ever seen was at a drug / alcohol testing facility in Indiana when I was contracting at Crane Naval Depot. Never saw one on a McDonald's, but I'm not really one of their regular customers.

(except the drive thru for coffee!)

Correct - but the violation is for traspassing. A sensible way to deal with it. V

Archived