Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Just as a historical footnote, the Walmart that was the original source of this thread (it was the one in Clinton) has shut its doors forever.

COINCIDENCE?!?!? I think so.

Clinton was not the original source for this topic, it was matteson.

Which closed several years ago when the new store in Richton Park was opened, so I would not really count it as a closure, just a move.

Also just about everything in Matteson has closed or moved.

I don’t follow this thread much, just check in once or twice a year and I am still shocked how long it has lived.

Signed,

The OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/clay-county/walmart-shopper-threatened-with-knife-clay-county-deputies-say

CLAY COUNTY

Concealed-carry holder helps threatened Walmart shopper, deputies say

14-year-old boy charged with assaulting woman with knife

By Destiny McKeiver - Multi-media journalist, Nick Jones - Digital producer

Posted: 5:14 PM, September 12, 2018

Updated: 6:39 PM, September 12, 2018

Shares: 3,773

FLEMING ISLAND, Fla. - A 14-year-old was arrested after Clay County deputies said he threatened a Fleming Island Walmart customer with a knife and demanded she have sex with him.

According to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, a man who was nearby stepped in with his gun to help. Deputies said he had a concealed-carry license and did the right thing.

According to the incident report, the assault happened Tuesday around 6 p.m. at the Walmart on County Road 220. In a Facebook post, the women explained she thought the teen wanted to help her with groceries, but as he approached he told her, "I want you to have sex with me. I've got a knife in my pocket."

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/clay-county/walmart-shopper-threatened-with-knife-clay-county-deputies-say

CLAY COUNTY

Concealed-carry holder helps threatened Walmart shopper, deputies say

14-year-old boy charged with assaulting woman with knife

By Destiny McKeiver - Multi-media journalist, Nick Jones - Digital producer

Posted: 5:14 PM, September 12, 2018

Updated: 6:39 PM, September 12, 2018

Shares: 3,773

FLEMING ISLAND, Fla. - A 14-year-old was arrested after Clay County deputies said he threatened a Fleming Island Walmart customer with a knife and demanded she have sex with him.

According to the Clay County Sheriff's Office, a man who was nearby stepped in with his gun to help. Deputies said he had a concealed-carry license and did the right thing.

According to the incident report, the assault happened Tuesday around 6 p.m. at the Walmart on County Road 220. In a Facebook post, the women explained she thought the teen wanted to help her with groceries, but as he approached he told her, "I want you to have sex with me. I've got a knife in my pocket."

Or was he just glad to see her?

• 2 weeks later...
This is an interesting thread. I’m a vendor for this Walmart mentioned in the original post. I haven’t seen one of these signs up at any of the Walmart’s, but I do see them at Jewel, particularly the one in Huntley. The sign is only on the back door though and it says that it only applies to on duty vendors and employees.

... but I do see them at Jewel, particularly the one in Huntley. The sign is only on the back door though and it says that it only applies to on duty vendors and employees.

In which case, it is merely a statement of company policy. It has no force of law, for a few reasons. Among them, as you may have learned earlier in this thread:

• The company doesn't get to choose to whom the law applies. It applies to everyone or no one.
  • If the force of law is to apply to everyone, the sign has to be posted conspicuously where everyone can see it.

<p>

... but I do see them at Jewel, particularly the one in Huntley. The sign is only on the back door though and it says that it only applies to on duty vendors and employees.

In which case, it is merely a statement of company policy. It has no force of law, for a few reasons. Among them, as you may have learned earlier in this thread:
  • The company doesn't get to choose to whom the law applies. It applies to everyone or no one.
  • If the force of law is to apply to everyone, the sign has to be posted conspicuously where everyone can see it.
Exactly! Thanks for all the information on this thread. It seems like ccw people are so hyper vigilant about laws that theyre the most law abiding citizens.

post-19256-0-02935200-1538482698_thumb.jpeg

I've never purchased dog food at Walmart, but I have purchased cat food, but not because I have a cat, I purchased salmon-flavored Friskees cat food at Walmart to bait a trap for a raccoon. And I can tell you that Walmart Friskees salmon-flavored cat food worked great. Within 30 minutes of baiting the trap I had the raccoon trapped.

Thank you Walmart !

I've never purchased dog food at Walmart, but I have purchased cat food, but not because I have a cat, I purchased salmon-flavored Friskees cat food at Walmart to bait a trap for a raccoon. And I can tell you that Walmart Friskees salmon-flavored cat food worked great. Within 30 minutes of baiting the trap I had the raccoon trapped.

Thank you Walmart !

We have a HUGE coon living under the porch at my families WI place. Im gonna give that a shot; so far no bait I have tried worked. Maybe this will do the trick!

As a side note to my fellow cat owners, that Friskee's salmon stuff STINKS to high heaven but the worse it stinks the more the cats seem to love it.

You have to secure the trap to the ground and you have to secure the can of cat food in the trap. Otherwise the raccoon will tip the trap to slide the can over to the side of the trap, then reach in, grab the food in little handfuls and pull it through the grate to eat it.

They are super smart.

You have to secure the trap to the ground and you have to secure the can of cat food in the trap. Otherwise the raccoon will tip the trap to slide the can over to the side of the trap, then reach in, grab the food in little handfuls and pull it through the grate to eat it.

They are super smart.

They are super smart.

You might try a banana as coon bait, you are less likely to catch a cat in the trap.

A Walmart customer wanti to buy ammo takes matters into his own hands. You know the feeling when you need something from the ammo case and no one is there to help you. This customer grabbed the intercom in a Walmart and made viral history. http://www.wideopenspaces.com/walmart-sporting-goods-section-customer-takes-matters-into-his-own-hands/amp/

I wish I'd thought of that when no one is in sporting goods. I got some ammo today at the local Walmart a box of 9mm Federal FMJ, box of 100 for $16.97. There was a Walmart employee there but he had to go get the key for the ammo case. At least he had no problem taking my CCL instead of my FOID.

• 2 weeks later...
Dead bodies found at Walmart stores a nationwide phenomenon

That his father died alone in a Walmart parking lot and chose an isolated lifestyle doesn’t escape Charles Unger’s thoughts.
Yogananda once reasoned, “Take life as it comes and death as it comes.”
Charles Unger, instead, points out that his father saw lessons in such moments, even when they happened at Walmart.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived