Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

They sell T-Mobile phones but coverage is so horrible that making a phone call over wifi is one of their selling points. T-Mobile phones are designed to treat wifi like a cell tower for both calling and texting when T-Mobile service is not available. The fact that they designed such a feature shows the lack of faith they have in their coverage.

If you already have a T-Mobile phone with wifi callimg instead of replacing it you could buy a portable wifi device from Verizon and/or AT&T which would eliminate the need to buy a new phone especially if the preference would be for an expensive model such as a Galaxy S3 or later so for a cost $100 or less for mifi rather than $200 or more for an S3 makes the mifi more cost effective.

T-Mobile is great if you live and work in the right areas. I've been with T-Mobile since they took over Voicestream. My coverage is fine, speed on LTE is normally in the 15-20 Mbps range. I don't buy phones locked to the carrier so I've never used the WiFi calling, and never felt the need for it.

I will say that driving 20 minutes west from my town will begin to degrade coverage.

I could swear that at one time Walmart had WiFi in the St.Charles store. I remember connecting to it and searching for ammo.

But I went there this weekend and couldn't find a network, and I asked a guy in electronics if Walmart has WiFi and he said "No."

Does anyone else remember Walmart having WiFi?

Yep, they did maybe six months ago. Now it's gone.

I could swear that at one time Walmart had WiFi in the St.Charles store. I remember connecting to it and searching for ammo.

But I went there this weekend and couldn't find a network, and I asked a guy in electronics if Walmart has WiFi and he said "No."

Does anyone else remember Walmart having WiFi?

Meijer's in both Rockford and Machesney park has free wifi.

Archived