Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

For those of us just joining can you let us know without having to read all these posts where wal-mart stands-- did they post an illegal sign? does it count? what are you guys seeing... thanks

Walmart posted a sign... I think it was noncompliant, stating it only applied to employees, but can't remember...been a long time.

Many people (myself not included) are afraid of noncompliant signs, so they complained.

Walmart reiterated that they follow state laws, and our state doesn't prohibit carrying at Walmart, so they took down the signs.

If/when you get your license, the social norm (by our rules) is to load up and do your Wally Walk (carry at Walmart and buy something... preferably ammo).

• 3 weeks later...

With each passing year and the subsequent black Friday sales, I am thoroughly amused to watch people acting like friggin animals, stepping on one another, ripping items out of one another's hands, knocking people over, and fighting over stupid "deals". Wasn't the day before "Thanksgiving"? You know, where people should give thanks for what they have.

Most of the deals aren't even that great. Each thing that I've wanted wasn't that much cheaper, if at all based on internet prices. I'd much rather be a hermit and order everything online anyhow. This way I can avoid the dregs of society in a frenzy over a $2.00 savings.

This was the class act of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7klNQyyLpiA

Seems like every Christmas season or black friday there is a shameful demonstration of non sense on a doorbuster item. I think I heard Jimmy Kimmel say this before, so I will paraphrase him. "When I see this video, it makes me think........ happy birthday Jesus". But then again who knows, maybe they arent Christian.......

I find it strange that Walmart had to get rid of the evil black rifles due to low sales supposedly and thinking they would be better off going after the bolt action crowd. However , the Ruger mini-14 is still being sold at my local store.

At least you have some choices, the Wal Mart in my town, Vernon Hills, IL, does not sell any weapons or ammo of any kind. It is not a town issue, the Dick's a few blocks away sells long guns and shotguns and ammo.

With each passing year and the subsequent black Friday sales, I am thoroughly amused to watch people acting like friggin animals, stepping on one another, ripping items out of one another's hands, knocking people over, and fighting over stupid "deals". Wasn't the day before "Thanksgiving"? You know, where people should give thanks for what they have.

Most of the deals aren't even that great. Each thing that I've wanted wasn't that much cheaper, if at all based on internet prices. I'd much rather be a hermit and order everything online anyhow. This way I can avoid the dregs of society in a frenzy over a $2.00 savings.

+1

I wouldn't go even if the item i wanted was $40.00's less.If some are fighting to save 2 bucks, i don't want to be near.

Archived