Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Just got back from a vacation to Montana, and made a point to do a Wally-walk out there. In Montana, Walmarts can still sell useful stuff like long arms. My 9 year old daughter fell in love with one of the pink Crickett bolt-action .22's they had. I'd have grabbed it, but the FFL stuff would have been too much of a pain in the keister.

"Walmart a Public Nuisance, Indiana Mayor Declares"... following a string of recent high profile incidents at the store. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/16/walmart-public-nuisance-indiana-mayor-declares/31814031/

So I guess they should just let the thief take what they want so there isn't any confrontation and no police have to be called. Maybe , just maybe , it could be the caliber of people they are letting run the streets instead of locking them up and throwing away the key that is causing so much trouble.

Certainly makes sense to me to blame the store.

Folks, we're 5740 posts into this thread. By my count, only 171 posts actually had anything to do with the OP's concern about signage.

That means 97% of the posts are OFF-TOPIC.

$We'd better refocus this discussion before a mod decides to remove all of the off-topic posts.$

Uh-oh.....

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/17/fc391e0c812af5c880d5c29127108b95.jpg

Can someone tell the Chicago Wal-Marts that they are behind the times when it comes to selling ammo? I know I know, its a Chicago thing but still......Walmart isn't walmart with out ammo lol.

Having grown up in the Chicagoland area, I'm so used to seeing Walmarts without ammo that I was shocked to finally see an ammo section at a Walmart. But this was in Wisconsin, and it was during the height of the Ammo Scares several years ago...so it was actually a pretty depressing sight.

I'm still surprised that Gander Mountain's ammo is stored on open shelves, along with the discounted firearms. I'm so used to everything being behind glass or under lock and key that it was an amazing sight to behold.

What defines a "discount" firearm at Gander? Discounted to only 10% over MSRP? Lol

Mayor Wants Indiana Wal-Mart Declared a Public Nuisance

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Mayor-Declares-Indiana-Walmart-a-Public-Nuisance-Report-322078122.html

A mayor in Indiana wants a Walmart store in his town declared a public nuisance following a string of recent incidents that prompted more than 1,200 police responses at the store in the past year and a half.Beech Grove Mayor Dennis Buckley said an incident at the store last week was the last straw and has pushed for the store to be declared a public nuisance, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Went to our WM yesterday, (Matteson), first time in a few months due to transportation issues. We knew it is scheduled to be closed next year, but it seems they're already starting to not carry things. At least they could have kept up getting products in for a while longer. A year is just too long to start cutting stuff. They're a bunch of stupids! With Cooties! All done now ... :flowers:

Not done! The person at the ammo counter said they no longer lock away the .22 ammo as they were getting complaints from customers that they were, "...hiding it away so they could buy it themselves." Don't know how anyone could tell if it was still hidden away or not ... if it was still being locked up and, "Hidden away" ... ???

Mayor Wants Indiana Wal-Mart Declared a Public Nuisance

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Mayor-Declares-Indiana-Walmart-a-Public-Nuisance-Report-322078122.html

A mayor in Indiana wants a Walmart store in his town declared a public nuisance following a string of recent incidents that prompted more than 1,200 police responses at the store in the past year and a half.Beech Grove Mayor Dennis Buckley said an incident at the store last week was the last straw and has pushed for the store to be declared a public nuisance, according to the Indianapolis Star.

The Indiana Walmart pays no property tax for 25 years under one of the local incentive programs.

I will agree that going into most of their stores can be an adventure, but the local leo shouldn't blame for corporation for taking the bait his county offered. Even if they did pay property taxes they would still calling the law. Maybe replacing some of the senior door greeters with a few head knocking zero dark thirty posers might make a difference.

http://d3qvyul2tp4j8.cloudfront.net/i/aDB1t_f-tW.jpg

I had to stop in a walmart in kentucky last year. Crossing the walk in front of the doors, it seemed like every single person around me had tattoos. Bad tattoos. One looked hand drawn on the inside of a calf, and crooked; the kneecap, a marijuana leaf between a woman's cleavage, jail house tats, etc . I thought "WTH" and then I realized, it isn't any different in Illinois, it was just winter up there and everyone was covered up.

I had to stop in a walmart in kentucky last year. Crossing the walk in front of the doors, it seemed like every single person around me had tattoos. Bad tattoos. One looked hand drawn on the inside of a calf, and crooked; the kneecap, a marijuana leaf between a woman's cleavage, jail house tats, etc . I thought "WTH" and then I realized, it isn't any different in Illinois, it was just winter up there and everyone was covered up.

Is there a prison nearby?

I went to Six Flags Great America on Tuesday.

We saw a lot of people who failed at the tattoo thing. We saw senseless tattoos, bad tattoos, people who had too many tattoos and some people who were absolutely covered in too many poorly done senseless tattoos.

There must be some tattoo "artists" out there who are like the equivalent of the Phoenix Arms of the tattoo world, maybe they learned their craft in prison or something - I don't know, but their handiwork seems to show up at Six Flags Great America (and Walmart).

I think they bad tattoo thing is based on the location where you find the people who have them. Walmart is full of people who are trying to save a buck. If they used the same vetting process on their tattoo artist it would come at no surprise that the art isn't top tier.

I think tattoo parlors come in three flavors artistic, poor, and hepatitis.

Archived