Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Not sure how long you have been there, but many moons ago, when I was but a wee lad, there was a range in the small mall.

Kohls was a sporting goods store where I rode my bike over to buy all my gun magazines and dreamed about owning guns and right down from it the gun store/range.

New mayor and new politics killed it off.

Orland hills police station was in a house on 94th ave, really just a house among other houses, before a large drug bust funded the new station by Walmart.

I have even talked to some people who bought their first gun from the hardware store that used to be on lagrange by SW highway.

Funny thing is according to the CCW map, orland park had one of the higher rates of issued permits in the state, as much or higher than my area down here in corn country.

I dealt with someone one here from Orland Park. When I mentioned that we should meet up somewhere a little more gun friendly, he said Orland was very pro gun. I don't understand how a village with ordinances like theirs against gun and ammunition dealers can be anywhere near pro gun.

Not sure how long you have been there, but many moons ago, when I was but a wee lad, there was a range in the small mall.

Kohls was a sporting goods store where I rode my bike over to buy all my gun magazines and dreamed about owning guns and right down from it the gun store/range.

Orland hills police station was in a house on 94th ave, really just a house among other houses, before a large drug bust funded the new station by Walmart.

I have even talked to some people who bought their first gun from the hardware store that used to be on lagrange by SW highway.

Funny thing is according to the CCW map, orland park had one of the higher rates of issued permits in the state, as much or higher than my area down here in corn country.

I dealt with someone one here from Orland Park. When I mentioned that we should meet up somewhere a little more gun friendly, he said Orland was very pro gun. I don't understand how a village with ordinances like theirs against gun and ammunition dealers can be anywhere near pro gun.

Politics, Chief of Police Tim McCarthy. They do have some very pro gun officers.

At least we are not Highland Park. Plus we are home rule and their only firearms ordinances deal with dealers.

Something is better than nothing in this messed up state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like was said, politics.

I moved out over 20 years ago, my folks over 10, but my MIL still lives there.

Some of the things that go on there (library controversy) could make your head spin.

My wife keeps up on Orland Politics a bit, I try to ignore it. I have enough to worry about with the state and our own town/school system.

Politics as usual.

And IIRC the gun store/range was owned or operated my an OP LEO, or ex OP LEO, but my memory is a bit foggy on that one.

And for those that don't know, the police chief's claim to fame was getting shot in the Regan assassination attempt.

Cannot doubt his heroism for that one, just don't agree with his politics.

Maybe a copy of "The Walmart Thread" should be sent to Republican Senator in Washington. It would be great material for a filibuster next time Dianne Feinstein attempts to bring something to a vote.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nk1XU2tkAe0/hqdefault.jpg

ETA: in the unlikely event that a senator does use this thread in that manner, I'd like for him or her to show this to her.

Maybe a copy of "The Walmart Thread" should be sent to Republican Senator in Washington. It would be great material for a filibuster next time Dianne Feinstein attempts to bring something to a vote.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nk1XU2tkAe0/hqdefault.jpg

ETA: in the unlikely event that a senator does use this thread in that manner, I'd like for him or her to show this to her.

Did she really say that? If so, please let it be recorded and available on youtube to haunt her with.

Alas, no she did not. It was from a satire site that people for some reason believed was a real article.

If Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon, they're failing. Walmart does not make it easy to do business with them.

I wanted to buy one of those door-frame pullup bars and I went online and saw it on sale at Walmart. If I would have purchased it right then online, I would have been able to go to the Walmart store and pick it up, but I figured, they have the item there at the store so I'll just go buy it.

So I go to the store but the item is priced 10 dollars higher on the shelf than what it is listed for online.

So I take it up to the customer counter and the lady - from either India or Pakistan, tells me that she can't sell it to me for that price unless I can show her online, where Walmart.com says the item is "In Stock" at that store. So I tell her -"This obviously is 'In Stock' since I am holding it, and I took it off the shelf in the Sporting Goods section, and there are 3 more still on the shelf." But no - I have to show her the exact verbiage where it says "In Stock" at the Bloomingdale Walmart.

But I can't find that exact verbiage on my iPhone. The website doesn't actually say that.

So I said "Look, I can purchase this item, right now, online and it says it will be available for pickup in this store TODAY. Are you really going to make me purchase this online, and wait around here until someone processes the order so I can pick it up?"

In the end, it was a simple operation she did in the computer to flip the status or process the sale or whatever she did, but she put me through 10 minutes of nonsense with a dozen people waiting behind me before she just did whatever she did to ring up the sale.

Lesson learned, next time I'll purchase the item, online, before leaving my house.

Archived