Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

I did a Wally walk after work today, picking up a few things for a trip to IA this weekend to shoot an IDPA match.

My usual route through the store always takes me by the ammo case.

Imagine my surprise when I found a full case. No .22, but plenty of everything else.

2 bx of WWB 9mm 100ct and 2 bx of PDX1 124 +P(my carry ammo which they haven't had in forever) and I continued my shopping $100 poorer.

I discovered that the Walmart in Bloomingdale does have WiFi. I thought I was cracking up because I remembered using Walmart's WiFi but then on another trip my phone couldn't find WiFi and I asked a Walmart employee if they got rid of their WiFi and he said they never had it.

Evidently they don't have it at all stores.

They did have an ammo case that was full of all kinds of ammo, but no .22LR and the 22 ammo is still completely gone from their online inventory.

I'm going to call corporate again today and ask them again what is going on with .22 ammo.

I was recently in Bloomingdale store... Noticed the 9mm was like $14 per box of perfecta (that sucks). It's been a while since I've been to the Bloomingdale store, it's like remodeled and clean. The bathroom was really nice. The strip mall parking lot is still posted at the entrances though so it's a spot I try to avoid. It's nice to confirm that shopping online is still cheaper and more efficient.

I've been on the phone with Walmart corporate for 45 minutes and I still don't have an answer, I've been transfered around so many times its ridiculous.

When I finally got a rep from walmart.com he said it was a purchasing issue. I said "No its not! this is an issue with your website and your online inventory!" Then he transferred me to the main number, which is like starting all over again, complete circle.

You gotta love Walmart :)

I 'discovered' 8 bricks (222 rds) of .22LR at the Belleville store (after the counter guy said they didn't have any..... ) a few days ago. I asked him if they have a schedule for when they get re-supplied. He said they had no control over what they get. They just receive/stock whatever comes in on delivery days.

Take that for what it's worth. This guy told me straight up that they didn't have any .22lr, then I showed him where it was in the case...........

I've been on the phone with Walmart corporate for 45 minutes and I still don't have an answer, I've been transfered around so many times its ridiculous.

When I finally got a rep from walmart.com he said it was a purchasing issue. I said "No its not! this is an issue with your website and your online inventory!" Then he transferred me to the main number, which is like starting all over again, complete circle.

You gotta love Walmart :)

You're lucky you didn't get transfered to ole' grumpy pants.

I go out of my way to buy stuff at locations that sell ammo.

If a have a choice between buying sunscreen at Walgreens (which does not sell ammunition) or Walmart, (which does sell ammunition) I will buy the sunscreen at Walmart.

There are a few Walmarts in my area that do not sell ammo and I don't shop there. I've talked to the store managers and called corporate to say that I won't shop in those stores because they do not sell ammunition.

If a have a choice between buying sunscreen at Walgreens (which does not sell ammunition) or Walmart, (which does sell ammunition) I will buy the sunscreen at Walmart.

There are a few Walmarts in my area that do not sell ammo and I don't shop there. I've talked to the store managers and called corporate to say that I won't shop in those stores because they do not sell ammunition.

I've wondered about that. I've seen some (mostly rural) Walmarts stocked as well for ammo as one could expect, but the Walmarts near my home only carry 12 gauge, if that. No .22, no center fire pistol or rifle, nothing. Who controls that? Is that on the local government or does Walmart corporate do it to keep from inflaming tender sensibilities?

I've wondered about that. I've seen some (mostly rural) Walmarts stocked as well for ammo as one could expect, but the Walmarts near my home only carry 12 gauge, if that. No .22, no center fire pistol or rifle, nothing. Who controls that? Is that on the local government or does Walmart corporate do it to keep from inflaming tender sensibilities?

I've always assumed local ordinance prevented them from selling, but I suppose if sales didn't indicate it was profitable, corporate might decide to drop it. I can only think of two stores that don't sell ammo and those are in the Chicago suburbs. The ones in Cook county I have been in even sell it.

The Vernon Hills store does not sell ammo, the Dick's down the street does, so it is not a city ordinance that prevents Wally World from selling ammo. I spoke to the manager and he said that corporate uses some kind of formula to determine if the store sells ammo.

He also said that when or if they build the new store in Mundelein it would probably sell ammo.

I went to a couple Walmarts without ammo before. When I asked where the ammo cabinet was and they told me that didn't have any, I thought I had made this face:

http://www.theweightlosstips.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/surprised_look.jpg

But I think it had to have been more like this one:

http://media.lessthan3.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/facial-expressions.jpg

Orland Hills walmart does not carry ammo, local ordinance IIRC.

Country Club hills does not carry ammo as far as I know.

Matteson does, small/tiny counter, but decent supply during the drought, only place we found 380 last year.

But they might have it in the store, not on the shelves, you have to ask and even then they might not find it for you.

Matteson does, small/tiny counter, but decent supply during the drought, only place we found 380 last year.

But they might have it in the store, not on the shelves, you have to ask and even then they might not find it for you.

Yup, I'm 2 minutes away from the orland hills one. I never have any reason to go to crestwood, Lockport, or bridgeview so I'd have to make a special trip there. Very annoying.

Not sure how long you have been there, but many moons ago, when I was but a wee lad, there was a range in the small mall.

Kohls was a sporting goods store where I rode my bike over to buy all my gun magazines and dreamed about owning guns and right down from it the gun store/range.

New mayor and new politics killed it off.

Orland hills police station was in a house on 94th ave, really just a house among other houses, before a large drug bust funded the new station by Walmart.

I have even talked to some people who bought their first gun from the hardware store that used to be on lagrange by SW highway.

Funny thing is according to the CCW map, orland park had one of the higher rates of issued permits in the state, as much or higher than my area down here in corn country.

Yup, I'm 2 minutes away from the orland hills one. I never have any reason to go to crestwood, Lockport, or bridgeview so I'd have to make a special trip there. Very annoying.

Every trip to Walmart is special. :laugh:

Archived