Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

A Walmart store in Hammond is looking to hire 150 associates...http://abc7chicago.com/business/walmart-in-hammond-looking-to-fill-150-jobs/494245/ Better hurry,I understand the apps. for the ammo counter are piling up.

This is for the new store they're building adjacent to the Hammond Cabelas......

Which sucks......on more than one occasion I was able to get a few boxes of 22lr from the store that this one is probably going to replace on my way out to Cabelas

So I needed cleaning supplies so off to Walmart I went. Got everything and went to the 20 items of less line. Waited like 20 minutes for the idiot in front of me to check out. She had like a whole cart full of stuff. 20 items my patoot. I'm more frustrated because it became one of those situations where you already waited 7 minutes, how much longer can this take...if I move to another line I'll be at the back starting over....right?

So I needed cleaning supplies so off to Walmart I went. Got everything and went to the 20 items of less line. Waited like 20 minutes for the idiot in front of me to check out. She had like a whole cart full of stuff. 20 items my patoot. I'm more frustrated because it became one of those situations where you already waited 7 minutes, how much longer can this take...if I move to another line I'll be at the back starting over....right?

I get behind the pink sweatpants group with the full cartload, then everything stops so the clerk can get another associate to ring in the booze, oh and "need to see your id" mam, which the lady never dreamed was going to be needed, so she digs and digs and finally comes out with it. Here comes the boyfriend with some more stuff to drop on the conveyor belt. Then the snap card comes out, which of course won't cover all of the items, so she tries a credit card and can't remember the pin number, so she goes to write a check and the pen is dry, then she asks for cash back which involves some sort of cash register reboot, and the hair color was supposed to be 2 for $6 and the clerk says "no it's $4.97 each and your coupon is for another brand", so we wait for a manager to coms over and override the purchase price and as they complete everything one of her kids slides between me and the candy rack with two bottles of Dr Pepper and some cat litter and they go thru the process all over again while the woman tells the child to put the soda back and the whining starts while I switch between watching customers in other lanes get into line after I did and leave and trying to find something on my phone to pass the time, because if I stand there and stare at the woman time will slow down into 1/10th speed. The guy that entered the store when I first got in this line just paid for his 1/2 cart of groceries and now he is walking out, omg I need a pill.

Walmart sold me a Boathouse Farms protein drink that had crept past the expired date. My bad for not looking prior to getting sick. Tasted and smelled fine (prior to consuming, now it smells pretty bad). Now I get to be "that guy", the one who returns an empty food container and demands a refund. I hate being " that guy". Maybe I can convince my wife to do it for me.

My wife talked me into going to Walmart with her last week. After suffering through the normal check-out line delays, we finally got checked out and paid. As my wife was retrieving the bags from that irritating bag carousel I glanced at our receipt and noticed that the cashier had charged me twice for an item. I showed him the receipt and he said "Oh, I'm sorry, you're right." I waited for the refund while he ignored me and went on to the next person in line. Getting irritated I informed me that I didn't have all day. He finally gave me his attention and informed me that I would have to go to customer service and stand in, yet another, line and "request" a refund. I mentioned that this happened at this register about 30 seconds ago. Didn't matter, he couldn't do anything about it.

It's a good thing my temper has mellowed since getting my CCL or I would have exploded.

Suspect arrested, charged in Jan. 14 Montgomery Walmart shooting

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -

The Montgomery Police Department says it is charging 21-year-old Carlton Webb with second degree assault and discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle in connection to the January 14 shooting incident outside the Walmart in the 3800 block of Eastern Boulevard.
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/27853611/suspect-arrested-charged-in-jan-14-montgomery-walmart-shooting

Man accused of shooting Walmart employee due in court

QUEENSBURY, N.Y. – The man accused of shooting a Walmart employee in Queensbury is due in court for a pre-trial hearing Friday.

Raymond White, 54, is charged with attempted murder in the second degree, criminal use of a firearm, attempted assault, assault with the intent to harm, and criminal possession of a weapon. He rejected a plea offer in early January 2015.
http://news10.com/2015/01/30/man-accused-of-shooting-walmart-employee-due-in-court/

Archived