Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

My total was $134 at Walmart today... I paid with $140 cash. Got $16 in change.

Here's the kicker... the cashier didn't get why I was giving her $10 back. I had to really explain to her that her register isn't going to balance and she may get in trouble... Just take the $10 and put it back in the drawer. She had to call a manager over <facepalm>

Here's the kicker... the cashier didn't get why I was giving her $10 back. I had to really explain to her that her register isn't going to balance and she may get in trouble... Just take the $10 and put it back in the drawer. She had to call a manager over

Please tell me the manager had something to say about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's the kicker... the cashier didn't get why I was giving her $10 back. I had to really explain to her that her register isn't going to balance and she may get in trouble... Just take the $10 and put it back in the drawer. She had to call a manager over <facepalm>

Did she learn Common Core Math?

Did she learn Common Core Math?

Yup. She was able to clearly articulate exactly why she arrived at that answer, and made a case as to why her answer could be considered correct. :)

Um didn't her cash register TELL her how much change she should give back?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

What she did was, when I handed her $140. She was going to fast and typed in to the register that I gave her $14. Then she starred at it for a few minutes ( I guess doing some common core in her head) and told the machine I gave her another $136 to make up for her mistake. Because 136 + 14 = 140 at Walmart?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had an employee who did math left to right. So 1-1=0, 4-3=1 and 0-4=4. Based upon that calculation she owes you $14.

I tried to teach her to COUNT the change back starting from amount owed up to the total tendered. This method is foolproof, unless you're dealing with an ignorant, bleach blonde dunce, whose cup size exceeds her IQ. I later looked at her employee file and found the education and work history that explained everything. No diploma, past experience was in adult entertainment listed as "dancer." I didn't hire her, but I suspect the guy who did received consideration (or hoped to) for doing so.

http://patch.com/illinois/oaklawn/shooting-reported-bedford-park-walmart-parking-lot

Oak Lawn Patch

Officials are reporting that a shooting took place in the Walmart parking lot at 7050 S. Cicero Ave. in Bedford Park around 4 p.m. Thursday.

Fox News Chicago said that a person allegedly walked up to another person in the Walmart parking lot and shot them six times.

Apparently Walmart is hiring Bloomberg's moms. Video

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2015/01/08/store-declines-to-print-engagement-photo-with-shotgun/21429959/

The clerk at the Walmart told Wehner it was the store's "policy." Wehner was told she can't print pictures of guns.

But it's the explanation that caught the couple off-guard. Wehner told News 8 that the clerk said the photo couldn't be released because the weapon would promote a "gang culture."

"To automatically to be lumped into that category of a gang... that hits a little close to home for us, because that isn't our intent at all," Strobl said.

Especially when you consider what he does for a living: Creating manuals for hunter safety and outdoor recreation.

"I did that in this picture; I made sure the action was open... that is was a safe photograph," he said.

A Walmart representative later told News 8 the chain has no policy against printing out pictures with firearms.

"We had a new associate who was misinformed. Her actions are not consistent with our policy," the spokesperson said. Walmart also told us that it has reiterated policies with its employees at this store.

Archived