Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

post-13116-0-64223300-1403833830_thumb.jpg

So, the parking lot outside Walmart in Bloomingdale is posted. Specifically, the entry drive off Army Trail Rd to the immediate east of KFC is posted. (As an aside, I have no idea how to add this to the posted app.)

I also noticed the KFC is conspicuously posted with a homemade non compliant sign, but only on the west side of the building. The east side entrance is unmarked. This is already in the posted app.

So, the parking lot outside Walmart in Bloomingdale is posted. Specifically, the entry drive off Army Trail Rd to the immediate east of KFC is posted. (As an aside, I have no idea how to add this to the posted app.)

That parking lot is for dozens and dozens of stores, it isn't a mall, and it connects to a whole other collection of stores.

It is as much of a frontage road as it is multiple parking lots connected.

I can't see how that sign is valid.

Just to keep the walmart thread going, here is why you should carry at Walmart.http://www.break.com/video/woman-in-walmart-hit-with-baseball-bat-in-arkansas-2628373

That sick maniac should be charged with attempted murder. glad the girl is ok.
It is a shame the the maniac did not get shot.

That would have been nice, he was doing everything needed to get a mag dumped on him.

Just to keep the walmart thread going, here is why you should carry at Walmart.

http://www.break.com/video/woman-in-walmart-hit-with-baseball-bat-in-arkansas-2628373

Just to keep the walmart thread going, here is why you should carry at Walmart.

http://www.break.com/video/woman-in-walmart-hit-with-baseball-bat-in-arkansas-2628373

If anything is to be learned from this it's the lesson of ALWAYS being aware of what and who are around us. The girl was so busy reading the video box that she didn't see it coming.

When I really didn't have enough ammo for my girls to do Appleseed I was driving out to DeKalb and buying 3 boxes of .22 LR at Farm & Fleet and 3 boxes at Walmart but that is a lot of gas to burn for 6 boxes of ammo.

After I scored 3000 rounds at the Elgin Walmart it is not worth the drive all the way out to DeKalb.

It is just bothersome.

Another thing that bugs me is that I look at Walmart's site online, check availability on ammo and the St. Charles store doesn't even carry it. The new new Remington Golden Bullets - WHY doesn't St.Charles even carry it? The Elgin Walmart carries it, the Naperville Walmart carries it, the Bloomindale Walmart carries it - St.Charles doesn't even carry it. Why not?

The ZQI 123gr "NATO" - WHY doesn't St.Charles even carry it?

They have the Federal Personal Defense for $1.00 per round - 20 bucks for a box of twenty I think.

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-3474-0-76576400-1400254694.gif

I wouldn't use them for SD and they are too expensive to use for practice.

Just out of curiosity, why not use them for SD? They have a habit of FTF in your sidearm?

Oh, and Walmart.

Bri

Just out of curiosity, why not use them for SD? They have a habit of FTF in your sidearm?

Never even tried them.

They are older technology and there is better stuff out there like Federal HST and Winchester Ranger "T" Series RA9T. And the HST and Ranger isn't more expensive - around $38.00 for 50 cartridges.

"Personal Protection" is now a family of Federal ammo that includes Hydra-Shok and HST, and this stuff is just branded "Personal Protection" without any other identifier, so it can be confusing.

I'm not positive about this - maybe someone who is a SME on Federal ammo can weigh in on this, but I think the 115gr "Personal Protection" cartridges are the old "Hi-Shok" design if not outright re-branded Hi-Shoks but loaded to lower pressure levels.

Archived