Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

If they want to take my membership away, that's fine. We have a Sams club opening nearby.

Oh yes, I average over a 10k spend a year. Exec membership as well....

My opinion is either they post as the law requires, or I carry because the law says it's not restricted. The law does not even allow employers prohibit employees from carrying without them having to post the required sign.

Roady...I'm pretty sure you understand that while the employer may not have an employee arrested without the sign, there is nothing that prevents said employee from being fired...sign or no sign...for violating "policy". Just want to clarify your comment a little.

Sams Club 5lb sacks of gummy bears FTW!...and a short road to diabetes.

I actually prefer sugarless gummy bears.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B000EVQWKC/ref=mw_dp_cr

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Are you kidding, or do you have an iron stomach?

They don't post (yet) but it is in their member rules

Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.

http://www.costco.co...conditions.html

So, should you be caught, they may take away your membership, but as of right now, it isn't against the law only against policy.

Let's look at some other member rules I see violated and unenforced on a regular basis (except the last one - concealed is concealed afterall..)

GENERAL POLICIES

Shirts and shoes are required.

Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse, however, only Costco members may purchase items.

Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.

Members are responsible for their guests and other family members.

Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.

To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse.

Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.

Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.

Well - except for the liquor sales... and they do inspect receipts - usually to draw a smiley face on it for my daughter...

Let's look at some other member rules I see violated and unenforced on a regular basis (except the last one - concealed is concealed afterall..)

GENERAL POLICIES

Shirts and shoes are required.

Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse, however, only Costco members may purchase items.

Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.

Members are responsible for their guests and other family members.

Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.

To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be inspected as you leave the warehouse.

Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.

Well - except for the liquor sales... and they do inspect receipts - usually to draw a smiley face on it for my daughter...

Well, "inspect" is a generous term for what they do. Typically they take receipt, look that it is in fact a Costco receipt, look to see that yes you do have a cart full of junk, then take black sharpie and draw a line down your receipt and hand it back. The whole procedure takes 1.53258 seconds.

ETA: It really confuses them if you have 2 receipts and only 1 cart.

They don't post (yet) but it is in their member rules

[Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.

http://www.costco.co...conditions.html

So, should you be caught, they may take away your membership, but as of right now, it isn't against the law only against policy.

I was in the Bolingbrook Costco last week. No sign on any door.

The Sam's Club vs Costco thing is of interest to me. We got our annual renewal in the mail today, and I'm trying to figure out if Sam's does gasoline and the other stuff the Costco does. If they do, I really don't want to support Costco if they're as anti as it sounds like they are.

Bri

http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-costco/

The above link should answer your questions. There are a couple of documents from Costco that are interesting to read.

I will say again , Costco doesn't post but they are anti-gun.

Some of the Sam's club locations have a gas station. If I remember correctly, I think you get a .10 or .15 discount per gallon when you use your membership card at the pump. The Sam's in Streamwood sells gas.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I have seen a $.30 (and more) difference between some of the Sam's Club gas stations and the best local prices, per the app GasBuddy. Unless a Sam's is just down the road (like on North Ave in Melrose Park/Northlake), Costco isn't as good a buy.

Well I went to Walmart but before I tell my story, I just want to say I bought some cherry Dr. Pepper and the cherry changes the taste of regular Dr. Pepper so that it tastes like a bad knock-off of Dr. Pepper.

And here is a list of Dr. Pepper knock-offs:

http://www.kibo.com/.../dr_pepper.html

And I'm just getting that out of the way because if I included it with my carry story it would be anti-climactic.

Woo Hoo ! :woohoo: VICTORY !!!

Last Saturday I found out that Walmart's in Bloomingdale gets a truck almost every night between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m.and that's when they get their ammo. So I went there tonight, carrying, of course. I looked all around the entrance for gun signs and there weren't any. So, I went to the sporting goods department and asked if a truck had come in. I was told a truck did indeed come in. I asked if they could check it for ammo - 9 millimeter and 22 long rifle. The clerk came back with a carton of Winchester 115gr FMJ. I also had to wait because only the manager had a FOID card. So I waited for the manager, just so excited and anticipating that moment when she asked to see my FOID card.

She asked to see my FOID card and I handed her my Illinois CCL. :D

She said "Is this new?"

I said "Yes that is new"

She said "Oh, this is a concealed license... this is the first one of these that I've seen"

The she told me that her husband was going to take classes. She asked me if I had to pass a test - I told her that people had to take 16 hours of training and pass a shooting qualification. I bought my 3 boxes of Winchester ammo for $14.57 a box and left the store.

Now I feel that I really have completed the obligatory Walmart walk. :cool:

Archived