Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Son,you are missing the whole point of this conversation.You are missing the WHOLE point of walmart posting the sign.The sign is not intended for me CC'ing. The walmart manager told me she wants me to come on inside her store if i am legal to carry.Walmart does not have a problem with law abiding CC. Period.They love it. You wont be arrested by breaking the stores policy as long as you are not a vendor of,or an employee on duty.I don't know how much simpler i can word it for you to comprehend.They allow CC.

I agree that isn't Walmart's intent to ban CCW by customers, but it is nevertheless what they have done with their sign by incorporating the mandated GFZ sign within their own. Why is this so hard for you and a few others to understand?

All they need to do is modify the sign.

Can we move on now? Maybe to a different company that doesn't support our rights. Perhaps we could take all this wasted energy and re-direct it at them. If you can't understand this simple concept, then I can't help you.

With all due respect, you're new here, about a week, and only have about a dozen posts. This space has been open for us to come and debate issues to death until we get a resolution. We don't just try to shut all other opinions down because we disagree with them.

You should look at the history here, about what we have accomplished by working together. We didn't get here by taking legal advice from some unknown who happened to post an opinion because they knew someone who had a lawyer once.

Not trying to pick on you, welcome to the forum and we appreciate your contribution. But usually things ain't over here until the fat lady sings.

If they moved the text to the middle of the sign, then it would be appropriate for the intention of the sign. They should also remove the "pursuant to ILCS" portion because an individual or business cannot "selectively" choose to whom the ILCS applies to. It's a criminal code. It applies to all or to none.

Exactly.

I believe it was posted with the intention to deceive., just my opinion not based on fact, only my own reasoning. Here's why... that picture of the baretta with the circle slash around it is public domain, used in many states for posting. If the intention was to post only for employees, they would have left the official Illinois text off, and just used their own text on the public domain graphic. This leads me to believe that whoever told them to post this sign was either stupid, or intentionally misleading. Some honest license holder will get burned because of Walmart some day.

The graphic design is the gun buster circle, 4 inches in diameter, and the red pistol. There is to be no text, except the reference to the Illinois Code 430 ILCS 66/1, within one inch of the graphic design.

There can be text anywhere else, according to the rules, except in the one inch area.

I'm clear on Wally's intentions, but the name calling and personal attacks are misplaced. It is a valid gun buster.

Bushy

For those who have talked with someone at WM, was there any indication if the signs/direction came from corporate or do they have district/regional offices that could be the influence?

Has WM done this in any of the other states with concealed carry?

I don't know the answer to your question, but it does appear that multiple stores are posting with the same sign, right? Maybe someone at the State level is using a little "influence" over Walmart?

It carries the Walmart copyright in the bottom of the sign. That to me says it's a real sign from someone within a higher echelon of Walmart leadership, above the store level. This is beyond what a singular manager is capable of.

Perhaps we should compile where we are seeing these signs?

I saw the sign at the Vernon Hills, Townline Road location. This store does not sell ammo.

There is NO SIGN at the Wheeling, Lake Cook Road location. This store does sell ammo and it is IN Cook County.

For the record, I've traveled and worked in 46 different states. I've NEVER seen this sign at ANY Walmart before these IL signs showed up.

I'm out you guys pole vault over mouse chit all you want, some one pm me when they get a verification from isp that this is a valid sign that effects me and ill come back here a publicly eat crow , heck ill even kiss your bare azz on the steps of the state capitol at the next igold

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

If people want to nitpick and ignore the fact that the sign says it only applies to on duty employees, claiming it still contains the "official sign" and thus applies to everyone...

Nitpick this: in the official sign, the text referencing the FCCA is off to the side, in the bottom right-hand corner... NOT centered at the bottom of the sign.

Yes, if their intent was aimed only at on duty employees, a better way would be to amend their company policy and simply have everyone sign in acknowledgement, rather than post a "confusing" sign.

Having said that, I would happily ignore that sign and christen my soon-to-be-right-to-carry with the traditional Wally Walk at my local store.

Ok Uncle Harley!!!! You (and several other including me not reading into the WM sign waywayway too deep)were RIGHT!I just got off the phone from talking to the manager (Belinda)at the Rochelle Walmart.I explained WHY i was asking,because they DID use a ISP sign.She assured me that is IS NOT a Walmart policy and WE are not against CC in our store.The sign will more than likely be temporary until all of our employees take note,and it ONLY apllies to our employees.NOT citizens that are allowed to conceal carry.That's what i thought and If i am near a store posted like they did,i am willing to be one that will put it to the test.I have been to many WM's am that one isn't going to be any different.
We all know that is the intent of the sign. However, if that sign is up and you carry there as a customer, you are still committing a crime.Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Stores don't determine violations of ILCS or "crime". ILCS is enforced by peace officers. The "intent" of the sign and what the ILCS says of the sign are conflicting at this point and corporate walmart needs to know this. I suspect this is a IL only leadership issue and not a nationwide leadership issue.

More importantly, I suspect that this is only in play because someone in this IL leadership is "butthurt" that guns are allowed.

Seems like they could have just paper clipped a memo to their paycheck or timecard. Why mess with the customers using a copy of the official no-carry sign? No, this was deliberate and well thought out.

I said as much before. No reason to put out a sign.

Do they have signs that state "Walmart employees are forbidden from shoplifting."

Archived