Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Walmarts of America have decided to STOP selling ammunition.

Walmart is going to stop selling handgun ammunition. It'll still sell other types.It's also asking that people not open carry in states that allow open carry, but not prohibit it.
In addition to handgun ammo, assault/sbr ammo is called out .223/556, 7.62x39, 300 blkout, .224 valkyrie etc. no mention of .308 / 7.62x51 but not specifically excluded either.

walmart-gunpolicy-new-final.jpg

OP here I still can’t believe this thread. Normally I post something and kill a thread. I almost feel dirty, that this is my legacy. I have a gift card to Walmart, guess I will have to stop in one and see if anything good is happening. Carry on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, this perpetually rotting carcass lies at your feet, eh?

For penance, you need to eat a Walmart rotisserie chicken.

The Rotisserie Chicken is the BEST reason to shop at Wal-Mart, IMO. It truly rocks. That is some D.a.m.n good chicken. Put your favorite bar-b-que sauce on it and you have a party!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought 150 rounds of 5.56 tonight at walmart. Not a great price but I got them , even though I don't have anything to put them in.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

I've got a 200 pack of 380 ammo from Walmart and no gun to shoot them in. I don't see that as a problem.

Our WM just rebuilt their gun display and sporting goods counter. It looks nice. I'm going to get a single shot 20 gauge from there.

I oppose pinning. There are already too many pinned. Somebody rather should re-evaluate pinned threads and unpin a few.

Is there even a single Walmart posted in Illinois anymore?

Perhaps another chain is better deserving of moral outrage. Starbucks? Old Navy?

Although, if this thread gets locked, how long would it be before someone starts a "Walmart CC Prohibited 2020" thread?

Great you just gave Mr Fife another idea for another of his 2020 threads........

The Walmart thread has been about many things, a life of its own really.

Not about being posted anymore as that was taken care of several years back and WAS in here.

Don’t forget that there are still new guys getting ccl’s and would need to do a Wally Walk.......

#donothateonwalmart

I'm pretty sure I saw a no guns sign today as I took a short cut through a Walmart parking lot today. I was kind of in a hurry so I didn't get to snap a picture. I'll be by there again in early December or so, and when I'm there I'll take a closer look.

I read on another site of some WMs posting signs similar to the Jewel signs prohibiting workers only.

If we didn’t have the Walmart thread where would we direct newbies to learn about the Wally Walk?

Excellent point...

Might I recommend a "Meijer Meander"?

or a "Rural King Stroll"?

or better yet, a "Mom and Pop's Local Gun Store Hike"?

I haven't been to Wally or Sams for more than a month now....I paid off my credit card bill to them last month, I owe them nada. They will never see me nor my money there again.....Wally can go bankrupt for all I care.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Walmart today for the first time they announced they were ending handgun ammo sales when inventory runs out.Was suprised to see decent supply of handgun ammo still in stock in different calibers/loads.Didn't buy any since I'm well stocked from TargetSports Gold Dot,then HST sales.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived