Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

I started shopping online at Walmart because for a while, it was better than Amazon. I could find almost anything at Walmart that I could find on Amazon and get free ship to store. I'd just pick it up next time I ran errands and save myself the shipping costs.

But something has happened, the amount of stuff they have online has shrunk or something and now most times I can't get it shipped to my local Walmart.

What is worse, is that somehow Walmart manages to fool search engines so that no matter what I search for - Walmart pops up in the search results but when I click on the link, Walmart doesn't actually have the item I'm looking for. Walmart is just wasting my time. I'm starting to ignore Walmart in my online searches.

Walmart's own internal search engine is a mess, their website crawls, trying to lookup a store and make it your home store is a mess - quite a few times I've clicked around shopping (not hitting the back button), and all of a sudden my home store is no longer set. I think they're a mess right now. Its like they regressed.

A lot of retail stores are now getting into this game. They're basically transforming their website into a pass-through for other online sellers somewhere. Even Home Depot is doing this. I was looking for cookware and it came up on Home Depot's site. Of course they don't sell it in stores, I mean, its not hardware. They take a 6 or 7 dollar mark-up on the sale but basically I'm buying from some other seller out there on the Internet.

Target does it too.

I searched for a Lodge 7.5 quart dutch oven and Target shows up in the search results, but for 3 months now - the item is actually unavailable. Target hasn't had it and I'm beginning to think that Target never had the item and never will have the item.

i think they're just gaming the search engines.

Target does it too.

I searched for a Lodge 7.5 quart dutch oven and Target shows up in the search results, but for 3 months now - the item is actually unavailable. Target hasn't had it and I'm beginning to think that Target never had the item and never will have the item.

i think they're just gaming the search engines.

Is it time to start a Target thread?

Man. I leave teh inter webs for 3 days and look what happens. The Walmart thread will be here with the cockroaches as the last surviving remnant of humanity, and I’ll be proud to be a part of it.

And I did a Wallywalk tonight. The local Walmart Supercenter is the only one stop shop in the area. Ruger 1911 and 2 spare mags. And a metric buttload of static cling on my cover shirt due to the cold.

At some point, I need to go back and do a super ultra mega Wally Walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy new year everyone; looks like 2018 will be my last year in Illinois and maybe even my last year in the US but its been a wild ride.

Good luck in the future.

Looking like I am moving to Sydney around the end of the year. I applied for a long shot job and got it. Sounds like I will be gone for 3-5 years before rotating back to the states to work at this corporations US office.

Happy new year everyone; looks like 2018 will be my last year in Illinois and maybe even my last year in the US but its been a wild ride.

Good luck in the future.

Looking like I am moving to Sydney around the end of the year. I applied for a long shot job and got it. Sounds like I will be gone for 3-5 years before rotating back to the states to work at this corporations US office.

I volunteer for the tough job of looking after your firearms while you are there - since you likely cannot take them.

Tough job I know... but I’ll persevere... :)

Congrats!

Good luck in the future.

I volunteer for the tough job of looking after your firearms while you are there - since you likely cannot take them.

Tough job I know... but I’ll persevere... :)

Congrats!

haha thanks

I am going to probably sell the common stuff and keep a few of my favorite guns in my fathers gun safe for a few years until I come back.

Unless this new company moves its US offices (always possible) I will be relocating to South Carolina or Arizona when I return.

On the plus side getting a license to at least shoot rim-fire in New South Wales while I am over there is not that impossible.

Archived