Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

As a new member (just applied for my CC permit last week) who has spent some time reading these forums, I'll naively ask what the inside joke is regarding doing a "Walmart Walk" following issue of the CC permit and/or at any other time?

Apparently it's all the hype of what I should do when I get my permit. :cool:

Thanks!

Walmart is known for not posting, which makes it a great place to take your first stroll with your CCL, otherwise known as the wallywalk. I took my first stroll at a Mariano's because I don't have a Walmart close to me.

The first time I lawfully carried a firearm was very memorable to me, and no it wasn't a "wally walk" :D

The first time I legally carried my sidearm was in PA, as I stood in front of the liberty bell @ Independence Hall! And no, I don't mean INSIDE the building (AFAIK you cannot carry inside the buildings/tours), I mean as I walked down the sidewalk in front of it!

I'll NEVER forget that!

Walmart and guns!!!

full story at link

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/277272120-story

Back to school brawl leads to woman pulling gun at Novi Walmart

NOVI, Mich. (WJBK) - Shoppers at a Walmart in Novi, Mich. were in for some frightening moments as they witnessed a woman pull out a loaded gun Monday afternoon. Police say the gun was pulled out during a fight over school supplies.

"It was in the back to school section over a notebook," says Novi Police Det. Scott Baetens.

Novi officers say two Farmington Hills women, ages 32 and 46, were inside the Novi Towne Center Walmart, shopping for school supplies. Apparently, so was a 20-year-old South Lyon woman and her mother, 51.

"One girl was going to buy a notebook. There was one left, some pushing resulted," Baetens says. "They began to argue who was the rightful purchaser of that notebook."

Both duos of women were not backing down, as police and witnesses described the two women pulling the younger woman's hair. That mother got shoved out of the way as the three continued to fight. That mother then pulled out a gun.

"She's a valid CPL holder," Baetens says. "She pulled out her firearm and tells them to stop attacking her daughter while pointing the gun at them."

The fight quickly ended as customers were seen running away and police were called."...

Walmart and guns!!!

full story at link

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/277272120-story

Back to school brawl leads to woman pulling gun at Novi Walmart

NOVI, Mich. (WJBK) - Shoppers at a Walmart in Novi, Mich. were in for some frightening moments as they witnessed a woman pull out a loaded gun Monday afternoon. Police say the gun was pulled out during a fight over school supplies.

"It was in the back to school section over a notebook," says Novi Police Det. Scott Baetens.

Novi officers say two Farmington Hills women, ages 32 and 46, were inside the Novi Towne Center Walmart, shopping for school supplies. Apparently, so was a 20-year-old South Lyon woman and her mother, 51.

"One girl was going to buy a notebook. There was one left, some pushing resulted," Baetens says. "They began to argue who was the rightful purchaser of that notebook."

Both duos of women were not backing down, as police and witnesses described the two women pulling the younger woman's hair. That mother got shoved out of the way as the three continued to fight. That mother then pulled out a gun.

"She's a valid CPL holder," Baetens says. "She pulled out her firearm and tells them to stop attacking her daughter while pointing the gun at them."

The fight quickly ended as customers were seen running away and police were called."...

2 women were attacking the daugther following the at the time that the mother pulled the gun. Sounds like disparity of force.

"It was a senseless act of violence all the way around," Baetens says.

Novi police say they need more witnesses to come forward as they work to get surveillance video from the Walmart to get a closer look at what happened. Police spoke with prosecutors, who hope to determine who the aggressors were and if the woman, in fact, pulled the gun in self defense. Those four women are all facing possible charges.

"A simple assault could be just a local ordinance, a 90-day misdemeanor," Baetens says. "All the way up to felonious assault with a firearm, which is a felony."

Police say the gun was loaded but no round was in the chamber. No one was hurt.

In the end, Baetens says he's unsure who got the notebook.

Participation prize of 100 complimentary grey plastic shopping bags to the next 100 posts. Not posters, but posts, meaning it is possible for some lucky bast**d to win up to 10,000 of these official walmart flags. Besides Walmart's quality groceries and food like items, these valuable prizes can also hold such goodies as used cat litter, compost for your garden and in a pinch for smothering your trespassing neighbor or no longer useful to society family members.

These are the official and authentic licensed walmart bags authorized and produced by their China flagship facility-accept no substitute!

Happy Labor Day -- school supplies and excitement at Walmart!

Should have said the magic words: "Klaatu barada nikto"

There a a couple of good terms to use

"The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall"

If that doesn't work, try

"John has a long mustache, John has a long mustache."

• 1 month later...

That walmart is in land annexed by Addison, which bans retail firearms and ammo sales.

That was before Ezell-II, maybe before Ezell-I

Post-Ezell, it just sits there like that.

Is it a big enough of a deal for Walmart to act on it?

Good Question.

Bolingbrook Walmart does not sell firearms or ammo, and not because of a local ordinance,
IIRC. It was prodding from the "community" when the store opened.

[looking for a cite]
[can't find a cite]

I don't know why Batavia doesn't either.

And I also don't know why the Walmart's can't keep .22LR stocked now that the ammo crisis or ammo scare or ammo shortage or whatever it was - now that it is over why can't Walmart of all places keep .22LR ammo in stock? Every gun store has .22LR, and you can buy .22LR and line by the crate. Why can't Walmart keep it in stock?

Ya - I did purchase 1575 rounds at Walmart the other week, but more often than not when I go to a Walmart there isn't any .22LR on the shelf.

Archived