Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

It looks like this thread is devolving. It may be time to close this thread as it has drifted far afield. Mods?

No........

It serves multiple purposes, one of which is the one place in this very serious forum where people can go to simply be silly and have a rejuvenating laugh -- another is as a living legacy to the power of what individuals can accomplish when they pull together, which is what happened when some anti-gun Illinois Walmart managers went rogue and decided to ignore the home office by posting signs that banned Illinois cc'rs from carrying in some Illinois Walmarts -- which is what spawned the thread to start with...

I'm pretty sure both the admins and the mods recognize and understand both purposes....

It looks like this thread is devolving. It may be time to close this thread as it has drifted far afield. Mods?

No........

It serves multiple purposes, one of which is the one place in this very serious forum where people can go to simply be silly and have a rejuvenating laugh -- another is as a living legacy to the power of what individuals can accomplish when they pull together, which is what happened when some anti-gun Illinois Walmart managers went rogue and decided to ignore the home office by posting signs that banned Illinois cc'rs from carrying in some Illinois Walmarts -- which is what spawned the thread to start with...

I'm pretty sure both the admins and the mods recognize and understand both purposes....

Elderberry wins! How could anyone seriously suggest that?

Walmart thread will live forever...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/12/woman-took-motorized-walmart-cart-after-car-wouldnt-start/474114001/

Woman took motorized Walmart cart after car wouldn't start.

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. â A Clarksville woman was arrested Tuesday after she was accused of taking a battery-powered cart from Walmart to drive home after her car wouldn't start.

Clarksville Police were called to 101st Airborne Division Parkway at about 4 a.m. CT and found a woman driving the cart on the shoulder of the road.

She was about a mile and a half from the Fort Campbell Boulevard Walmart.

CPD Officer Brittany Hubbard pulled the patrol car behind the woman and activated her emergency lights.

"The woman continued onward, seemingly oblivious to the officer's presence," according to a CPD news release.

Hubbard then chased the cart on foot and got her to stop.

The woman told the officer she went to the store to get snacks but when she came back out her car would not start.

She took the battery-powered cart to get home so she could get help with her car, according to the news release.

Jaimie Taylor, 41, had active warrants on file for two counts of driving on a suspended or revoked license, two counts of simple possession, no insurance and child restraint.

She was booked into the Montgomery County Jail on $15,500 bond.

The cart was returned to the store.

Was not part of the intent of this journal to celebrate our ability to CARRY by doing a walk through at Walmart and herein pass on the telling of it.

So, seriously, when (???) they finally lawify the switchblade carry -- should we not also then do a(n) honorary walkthrough of Walmart in celebration of it also and therefor duly note it in this journal of the celebration of our RIGHTS!!!

Was not part of the intent of this journal to celebrate our ability to CARRY by doing a walk through at Walmart and herein pass on the telling of it.

So, seriously, when (???) they finally lawify the switchblade carry -- should we not also then do a(n) honorary walkthrough of Walmart in celebration of it also and therefor duly note it in this journal of the celebration of our RIGHTS!!!

And you must purchase a knife sharpener - Don't think they carry Knife Ammo...

HPD SEARCHING FOR BACON BANDIT

Alan Watts Reporting

Police are investigating the recent theft of bacon from the Hopkinsville Walmart on Clinic Drive. Hopkinsville Police say Walmart officials say the theft occurred around 10:05 Friday morning. The suspect, whose name is not listed on the report, allegedly took eight packages of stack bacon valued at $143 and four packages of Wrights 24 ounce bacon valued at $37.

Alan Watts Reporting

Police are investigating the recent theft of bacon from the Hopkinsville Walmart on Clinic Drive. Hopkinsville Police say Walmart officials say the theft occurred around 10:05 Friday morning. The suspect, whose name is not listed on the report, allegedly took eight packages of stack bacon valued at $143 and four packages of Wrights 24 ounce bacon valued at $37.

I wonder if Walmart will pay a reward in bacon for the arrest of the thief?

Alan Watts Reporting

I wonder if Walmart will pay a reward in bacon for the arrest of the thief?

No Muslim was involved in the theft nor will any clue be given if the reward is bacon.

'Horrific Tragedy': 8 Dead in Tractor Trailer at Walmart

San Antonio cops suspect human trafficking after dozens found crammed in truck

(NEWSER) – Eight people have been found dead in a tractor-trailer outside a Walmart in San Antonio, Texas, in what police are calling a horrific human trafficking case. Some 30 other people were found in the truck, which didn't have a working air conditioning system, and they were taken to hospitals, reports CNN. Seventeen of them are in critical condition, while 13 are in serious condition. Authorities said the driver had been held, but they didn't release the driver's identity. A person from the truck approached a Walmart employee in a parking lot and asked for water late Saturday or early Sunday, San Antonio police said. The employee gave the person the water and then called police, reports the AP, and when officers arrived they found the eight people dead in the back of the trailer, police Chief William McManus said.

story continues below

http://m.newser.com/story/246117/8-found-dead-in-truck-at-walmart-in-horrific-tragedy.html

Lighting nailed my blu ray player. Went to Walmart for a new one. Less than $50 to replace. Nice.

I had to wash my hands after leaving...the store gets trashed in Bloomingdale...and the people are icky looking. The joys of being a judgmental germophobe...

Walmart has disinfectant wipes right at the entrance, don't you use those? I always use them to wipe down the handle of the Walmart shopping cart.

When I go to Walmart I'm always surprised and I think "Holy Crap, where do these people come from?"

I think they must live within relatively close proximity to the Walmart store - as do I... I mean all the people at my local Walmart didn't all just drive up from Arkansas. I don't know exactly where they all live, but they must live relatively close to me.

Kinda scary

'When I go to Walmart I'm always surprised and I think "Holy Crap, where do these people come from?" ' Just make a note on where you came from just prior to going to Walmart and you have part of your answer. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're called Walmartians

Lighting nailed my blu ray player. Went to Walmart for a new one. Less than $50 to replace. Nice.I had to wash my hands after leaving...the store gets trashed in Bloomingdale...and the people are icky looking. The joys of being a judgmental germophobe...

Walmart has disinfectant wipes right at the entrance, don't you use those? I always use them to wipe down the handle of the Walmart shopping cart.

When I go to Walmart I'm always surprised and I think "Holy Crap, where do these people come from?"

I think they must live within relatively close proximity to the Walmart store - as do I... I mean all the people at my local Walmart didn't all just drive up from Arkansas. I don't know exactly where they all live, but they must live relatively close to me.

Kinda scary

I totally don't trust the antibiotic wipes because I think those are the cause of superbugs that laugh at bleach and penicillin. I do carry rubber gloves, and I hold my breath past anyone who coughs.

This is how I know most of my issues are just me being really judgemental... I don't care if a hot chick coughs nearly as much as when it's the people hanging around the Pharmacy that are missing eyes, teeth, and hair. I still hold my breath near the coughing chick, but I'm not irritated and inconvenienced by it like I would be if it was Swamp Thing doing it.

Whenever I have to take my kids to urgent care, I wear a surgical mask.

Too many people in the lobby with beet red faces leaking snot, sneezing and coughing.

I don't go in. I send in my wife and wait in the car. Bless CVS for having a drive thru pharmacy window. Saves me from hanging out in there with sick people.

I keep a few surgical grade masks in my get home bag I the car too. Never know when there's going to be a germ based emergency.

I don't think I've touched a door knob or handle with my own skin for a few years. I always use a sleeve, tissue, glove or wait for someone to come through so I can catch the open door.

Archived