Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Shooter is down

I didn't hear this, unless it was before I started listening...

They mentioned there was a door in the back they couldn't open, so needed keys to clear the room... found the guys car... said there's a holster in the center console along with a note with "arabic" writing.

I may have misheard, I'm in a noisy area.

Workplace violence :getlost:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-hostages-idUSKCN0Z0251

An armed man was fatally shot by police after holding two people hostage in an Amarillo, Texas, Walmart store on Tuesday in an incident law enforcement described as workplace violence.

The suspect was identified as Mohammad Moghaddam, 54, Amarillo police said, adding he was shot by a police SWAT unit.

The two hostages were unharmed. One was a manager with whom the suspect had a work-related dispute, the department said.

Moghaddam fired a shot when he entered the store and took two people hostage. The three then moved to an office inside the store, said Deputy Danny Alexander, a spokesman for the Randall County Sheriff's Office.

No further details about the suspect were immediately available. There were no reports of anyone else being injured in the incident.

"All customers and our two associates who were held hostage are safe. This was a very difficult situation and we are thankful for the quick response from law enforcement," said Deisha Barnett, a spokeswoman for Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

An armed man was fatally shot by police after holding two people hostage in an Amarillo, Texas, Walmart store on Tuesday in an incident law enforcement described as workplace violence.

The suspect was identified as Mohammad Moghaddam, 54, Amarillo police said, adding he was shot by a police SWAT unit.

The two hostages were unharmed. One was a manager with whom the suspect had a work-related dispute, the department said.

Moghaddam fired a shot when he entered the store and took two people hostage. The three then moved to an office inside the store, said Deputy Danny Alexander, a spokesman for the Randall County Sheriff's Office.

No further details about the suspect were immediately available. There were no reports of anyone else being injured in the incident.

"All customers and our two associates who were held hostage are safe. This was a very difficult situation and we are thankful for the quick response from law enforcement," said Deisha Barnett, a spokeswoman for Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

A workplace violence perpetrator named Mohammed. Fancy that. :(

Time to get back to the real topic: The greatest thing about Walmart (especially in a college town) is the abundance of college girls still wearing skin tight black yoga pants even when it's 90 degrees out. :D At least during the day....night time it's still yoga pants but they aren't college girls. I didn't know they made yoga pants that size....

Made for a perfect Wally walk today. Grabbed a box of WWB 9mm using my CCL and topped it off with a trip to Best Buy to get a 3D Blu-Ray copy of Gods of Egypt since Walmart doesn't even carry it for some reason.

I didn't know they made yoga pants that size....

They don't. ;)
Touché ;)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I only caught myself shirt tugging a couple times after squatting down. My t-shirt would ride up a little bit but probably not noticeable to anyone. It was weird at first - was very self conscious and figured it would last the whole trip.

Actually went away quickly and it was just another day at Walmart. The Stealthgear Onyx was very comfortable at about 4 o'clock with my SR9C and a 10+1 mag. Worked well with my typical t-shirt and cargo short summer attire.

Forgot to mention that I only caught myself shirt tugging a couple times after squatting down. My t-shirt would ride up a little bit but probably not noticeable to anyone. It was weird at first - was very self conscious and figured it would last the whole trip.

This sort of thing happens when the t-shirt is around a larger object than the waist.....sit-ups?

#tagurit

Forgot to mention that I only caught myself shirt tugging a couple times after squatting down. My t-shirt would ride up a little bit but probably not noticeable to anyone. It was weird at first - was very self conscious and figured it would last the whole trip.

This sort of thing happens when the t-shirt is around a larger object than the waist.....sit-ups?

#tagurit

Haha very funny ;)

I have a little bit of a getting older belly but I've been in a size 33 pant since I was a teen. :P

It wasn't really riding up (poor phrasing) it felt like it was getting caught on the grip extension when I'd stand back upright. I haven't broken in the holster yet so I'm assuming that's why the grip isn't hugging my skin all the way?

A workplace violence perpetrator named Mohammed. Fancy that. :(

What the H could you call it otherwise....terrorism?

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen those Federal Bulk Packs of 3 dram 1 1/8oz number 8's in a Walmart that isn't in Crook County?

Also somewhere within the northeaster part of this state. I went to Bloomingdale a couple weeks ago and they didn't have squat.

I'd settle for #7.5's if that was all that was available.

One other question, is the Walmart on 83 in Crook or Dupage? Can't really figure that out and I don't want to waste a trip there for nothing if they're in Crook and the tax applies.

Has anyone seen those Federal Bulk Packs of 3 dram 1 1/8oz number 8's in a Walmart that isn't in Crook County?

Also somewhere within the northeaster part of this state. I went to Bloomingdale a couple weeks ago and they didn't have squat.

I'd settle for #7.5's if that was all that was available.

One other question, is the Walmart on 83 in Crook or Dupage? Can't really figure that out and I don't want to waste a trip there for nothing if they're in Crook and the tax applies.

Rt 83 is west of County Line Rd so it's DuPage. If it's the one I'm thinking of its Elmhurst.

This is the thread that never ends!

It goes on and on my friend!

Or, as a 1970's song went: Welcome back, my friends To the thread that never ends! We're so glad you could attend Come inside, come inside. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianj's an ELF-HEAD!!!!

That lyric raced through my head when I read BShawn's post.

Tarkus rules

Archived