Help for MAC users and ISP website

I was able to use Firefox on my Mac to create a digital ID.

The biggest issue is that when you first access the site, it does a Java check. If it can't immediately run, it fails. During the time that it initiates, if you immediately press the "X" in the browser to stop it from loading, you should be able to allow the Java app to run. Once you allow the Java app to run, it essentially "approves" the site. Once the site is approved, you can reload the page and all should be well.

You're gonna have to be fast on the keys to make this work. Use the delete button to reload the page and have the cursor over the reload icon in the browser URL field.

Mac OS 10.8.4

FireFox 26.0

Java 1.7

For those without Word, Open Office, etc: (hope this formats OK)

The following table lists the MAC operating systems, Web browsers, and Java plug-ins that Entrust TruePass supports on the client side.

Operating systems - Web browsers - Java Virtual Machines (Web browser plug-in)

Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7 - Apple Safari 5.1, Mozilla Firefox 12.0, Mozilla Firefox 13.0 - Apple JVM 1.6 with the latest available update

Mac OS X 10.7 - Apple Safari 6, Mozilla Firefox 17.0 - Oracle JVM 1.7 with the latest available update

vailable update

Edited by InterestedBystander

Just want to add that I was able to start online application process yesterday and continued today with no issues. This was done on a 3 year old MacBook Pro running the latest Mac OS which is 10.9.1, with latest Safari version 7.0.1, and latest Java 7 update 45 for Mac. Which was pretty sweet no issues whatsoever with uploading files, filling out the application, and creating the Digital ID. I have to give the State of IL IT Department their due props on a job well done! The site seems to work really well with no hiccups that I could see.

Hope this information is useful to anyone out there.

Stay safe!

MacBook Pro mid 2010

OS X 10.9.1

Safari 7.0.1

Java 7 update 45

I had to downgrade to the Apple version of java (6u65) for it to run on OSX 10.9.1 in Safari 7.0.1. My Oracle Java 7 was really broken, so I uninstalled it via the terminal and re-enabled the Apple version. I was then able to log in and get to 90%. I had to keep telling it to enable and trust, but it worked. That may be an option for those who can't get Java 7 to work.

If you have upgraded your Mac to Mavericks 10.9.1 using any browser Firefox 26.0, Safari7.0.1, Chrome (is only 32 bit, does not recognize Java) or Opera (does not recognize Java), they will not work. My advice: Set up your digital ID using a PC with Windows 8.0+ and IE browser v. 8-11, Java v. 7.45 with compatibility settings on. I had to use my friend's PC at his place of business to establish an Illinois digital ID. At the end of the digital ID screen you should have seen a "congratulations" pane. Once you have the digital ID, then you can access the FCCL application page using a Mac and fill out the forms. Actually, for security reasons, this is quite good. Your in trouble if at any time you get these notices: "Thank you. Target now has your personal information" or "Sheriff Dart is immediately objecting to your application". zoz

Since the ISP is being dumb about this whole digital ID thing....if I use one of my 3 year old windows laptops to create the digital ID will I need to use that same laptop to submit my app as well? I'd rather just get it created and then complete everything with my macbook since I have my printer/scanner drivers and such already installed on my mac. I suppose I could do it all on my windows laptop but I'd have to find and download those drivers so I could get all the scanned documents onto it.

I have been contacted by someone who says he gets 2 error messages when he tries to recover his password through the recover password link on the website that the ccw site links to.

You are logged in but not as a SM user

Authentication URL accessed directly without access to protected URL first.

ISP started a ticket Wednesday but no reply since then.

Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?

...My advice: Set up your digital ID using a PC with Windows 8.0+ and IE browser v. 8-11, Java v. 7.45 with compatibility settings on. I had to use my friend's PC at his place of business to establish an Illinois digital ID. ... zoz

That won't happen as I won't even think of installing that cartoon looking Windows 8 on any of my PCs. If I can't get Windows 7 with IE 10 to work I'll try the Mac.

I'm on a 2012 Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9.1 with Safari 7.0.1 and Java version 7.45 and when I try to create my digital ID it tells me that my browser isn't supported. What gives?

Try lowering your Java security temporarily as I had the same issue (same Mac specs as well). See post 9 above.

I started up my old windows laptop and had to install java on it, but I got the digital ID website to work for me and it's now created. Just out of curiosity, how do you lower the java settings for safari? I looked around and couldn't find anything that would allow me to do so.

So now that I have my digital ID created can I use my mac to start the application process or do I need to stick with the windows laptop I created my ID with?

I'm on a 2012 Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9.1 with Safari 7.0.1 and Java version 7.45 and when I try to create my digital ID it tells me that my browser isn't supported. What gives?

Try lowering your Java security temporarily as I had the same issue (same Mac specs as well). See post 9 above.

I started up my old windows laptop and had to install java on it, but I got the digital ID website to work for me and it's now created. Just out of curiosity, how do you lower the java settings for safari? I looked around and couldn't find anything that would allow me to do so.

So now that I have my digital ID created can I use my mac to start the application process or do I need to stick with the windows laptop I created my ID with?

My take is if you already did the digital ID on your old windows laptop, might as well finish it there.

In Finder, Applications, Java, Preferences, Security. Default is minimum, set it to low so the latest update will enable the ISP site. Click "trust" then finish the application (actually funny to me that Java doesn't trust a government site haha). Don't forget to set your security back to it's settings before and empty your cache/clear your cookies.

Edited by ChadN.

I was able to find where to lower my java settings. I was looking in safari security preferences and couldn't find it. It's actually in the control panel all the way down at the bottom.

After doing so, I was able to log onto the application website and start my ccw application. Didn't get too far because I haven't had my prints taken yet and I don't trust the website to allow me to go back to enter the TCN number when I get them done. So since I was able to log onto the site and start my app I'm assuming I should be able to use my Mac to go through the whole process.

I have been contacted by someone who says he gets 2 error messages when he tries to recover his password through the recover password link on the website that the ccw site links to.

More info - what should they do?

***Error*** ***Unsupported browser***

***Error*** ***Cannot load EntrustTruePassApplet***

Browser Firefox 26.0

Javascript Enabled True

Java Enabled True

Java Version (JRE) 1.7.0_45

Java Vendor Oracle Corporation

EntrustTestApplet Loads True

Cookies Enabled Session: True; Persistent: True

Platform MacIntel

Operating System Name Mac OS X

Browser Language en-US

Screen Resolution 1280 X 800

Local Time Fri Dec 20 21:30:15 2013

Time Zone GMT-6

One thing to make sure is always re-enter the digital ID site from the outside referring site (www.illinois.gov/pki). It is a common feature to lockdown a URL to only your own internal referrer (pages that link to you are referrers). Referrer is just another http header though and someone with the skills and tools can easily fake it.

Was able to create digital Id

Safari 6.1.1

Firefox 26.0

OS 10.8.5

Java 7.0 update 45

On a 2009 mac mini

Java tests showed positive on both safari and fire fox but state web site would not allow me to create ID with safari as browser I would get

Your browser is not supported. Please use Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 25.0 or above, or Safari 6 or above. Chrome is NOT supported at present time.

had to use firefox.

Safari , firefox and java all updated within the last 48 hours. Java was set to medium , but did not make a difference with safari.

I'm still waiting a while before updating to next OS

Edited by Yas

Just now created a digital ID.

Safari 7.0.1

Firefox 26.0

OS X 10.9.1

Java 7.0 45

2012 Mac Mini

Everything is the latest version. No luck at all with Safari. Stopped me with Firefox too. Clicked on the padlock in the URL. (Firefox Browser) Went to page info. Went to permissions. Checked "allow" for the Java Applet. Bingo.

I have pretty much zero computer skills.

Edited by fxdpntc

Just now created a digital ID.

Safari 7.0.1

Firefox 26.0

OS X 10.9.1

Java 7.0 45

2012 Mac Mini

Everything is the latest version. No luck at all with Safari. Stopped me with Firefox too. Clicked on the padlock in the URL. (Firefox Browser) Went to page info. Went to permissions. Checked "allow" for the Java Applet. Bingo.

I have pretty much zero computer skills.

Thank you very much for posting this fix. I was not aware of the page info feature of Firefox. I am using the identical versions of the software on a MacBook Air and this worked for me also.

I believe you have more computer skills than you give yourself credit for.

Did you recently install java? I don't have chrome installed by got the same warning. Not sure if this is the cure, but it wouldn't hurt to run repair permissions, then do a full shut down and reboot the computer on a cold start up.

I've only done digital ID so far Post 24 on this thread

Edited by Yas

Well, that didn't help either. I'm disliking this Mac more each day.

Did you recently install java? I don't have chrome installed by got the same warning. Not sure if this is the cure, but it wouldn't hurt to run repair permissions, then do a full shut down and reboot the computer on a cold start up.

I've only done digital ID so far Post 24 on this thread