Holster help

2putt

So I picked up a Galco King Tuk for my Glock 26. I like the holster but the clips don't fit over my Armour gun belt very well. I can get the clips over the belt, but they don't close all the way because the belt is too thick. I figure this is not a good thing, as there is a chance of the holster coming out with the gun when I draw. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? I thought about a thinner belt but the Armour is just so damn sturdy.

I don't see it coming out when you try and draw, it uses pressure of your belt, hip and holster to stay in place. Only clip available is for smaller belts as it has the larger clip already installed. Here is some info off their website, not sure if it will help or not:

"Worn inside the waistband, the KingTuk’s removable metal belt clips (fitting belts up to 1 ¾”) can be moved up or down in the corresponding holes in the leather, enabling the user to set the carry height and angle to suit their unique preferences.

Optional, interchangeable injection molded nylon C-Hooks – fitting belts up to 1 ¼” and sold separately – are also available. The C-Hooks offer an even lower profile on the belt, and further increase the KingTuk’s already excellent concealability!

Available in black with standard metal clips that fit belts up to 1 3/4". "

Is the clip easy to remove?

I assume it is either riveted or bolted on with Chicago screws (probably riveted).

A competent holster maker could remove the factory belt clips and replaces them with something custom made to fit your belt.

ETA:

Did a Google image search. The clips are attached with Chicago Screws. I can make you better belt clips, sized specifically to your belt, that is not slip off when you draw.

PM me if you want more info.

Archived