POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

RoadyRunner wrote:

$$$ Lisa Madigans office needs to start prosecuting property owners of statutorily prohibited places that do not post the compliant sign $$$

Right on, Brother! :yes1: It's still early. Maybe that will happen.

As of right now, If GFZ signs are required by law but are not posted, the only assumption is that you can carry there. If they knew you were carrying, I suppose they could ask you to leave or take it to your car, but how are they gonna know that if we don't act like drunken teenagers?

A movie complex employee searching you at the door, even though you are complying with their GFZ? :hyper:

Get refunded, Spin 180 and leave that place! (and they did). No teenaged movie theater employee has the right to search anyone, ever! What corporate nerve!

Reasonable Logic?: How do we know what percentage of a business's sales is liquor? If no sign, we assume it's OK to carry there. Bottom line..... 51% liquor & no sign? It's the restaurant's fault for not posting a sign, but I'll leave if I find out later, never to return.

If signs are required by law is the key to it all. How on earth could they possibly charge you with anything if no sign is posted?

Non conforming signs would be yet another issue at all establishments. Will we be at the mercy of the cop that takes that call? Will he decide that the non conforming sign is enough to ticket or arrest you because the intent to have a GFZ was displayed and THEN ticket the establishment for a non conforming sign? If you are charged 3 times, they will pull your CCL.

Will all cops be up to date on all the CC laws? Well, they should all be kept up to date, because a cop that doesn’t know the law can cost you plenty in the long run, even if you are totally innocent. Speeding? Some cops who are dead against CC may even do a felony stop when your CC info pops up on his screen. What a hassle that would be......

Then there’s this Conundrum: If the more than 50% liquor sales rule is designed to keep drunks with impaired decision making skills from having shootouts in taverns, then why can’t they get just as drunk :Drunk: at a 10% liquor place? I’ve seen more than one drunk person in restaurants. Also, if a guy is drunk and totally irate enough with somebody to want to shoot him inside a tavern, couldn’t he just walk out to his car and get his gun? I would hope that never ever happens.

I certainly understand that they don’t want you to be drunk when you are carrying, so why didn’t they just make a blanket rule where you can’t be legally drunk, like .08 while carrying and forget about that overly complicated 50% rule? It's because the lawmakers don't know anything about the subject, like when Ms. Feinstein tries to ban the "scary" looking guns she see's in movies.

Our whole system runs on trust, especially CC. Core A2 rights aside, I am proud to be trusted with carrying and I will totally abide by the rules and I hope everybody does. However, it is my choice to boycott the GFZ establishments if possible. If those ISIS idiots get in and start beheading people all over the country, these GFZ establishments will wish we were always there.

Yea, I couldn't believe they wanted to search her purse. But the clincher is it was the owner, not some hired teenager. I probably would have let it go had she said she was looking for people sneaking in candy and soda but she even had the audacity to tell me she was searching for guns and knives because of the new CCL law. What the hey!!!!!! At that point, that's when I told her I want my money back and told her I would never visit again unless the CPZ sign was taken down. Anyone in the Buffalo Grove area, be sure to stop by the theater and give her an No guns = No money card.

I'm trying to figure out how to get Shop 'n Save in Cahokia, IL removed from the posted list. The sign has been down for several weeks I am aware of, perhaps longer (because I stopped going there when they posted).

They are on the list twice, with 2 addresses that are next to each other.

Did you click "remove from list" in the Posted! app?

I'm trying to figure out how to get Shop 'n Save in Cahokia, IL removed from the posted list. The sign has been down for several weeks I am aware of, perhaps longer (because I stopped going there when they posted).

They are on the list twice, with 2 addresses that are next to each other.

I have removed them. :)

Xwing has given us a a lot of his time and talent developing an Illinois Carry specific Posted! app. Let's respect that by keeping this thread more focused on locations within Illinois that are posted.

Things are looking up as 3 removed their signs so I removed them from the POSTED app. KFC on Court St in Pekin IL, Gil's Supper Club on Route 116 in Hanna City, Traders Realty on Court St in East Peoria.

• 2 weeks later...

Just left the Buffalo Wild Wings in on Carpenter rd. in Skokie and I was surprised to see there is no longer a "no guns" sign at the entrance. I have been there a number of times and it was always posted.

it is still on Posted. Do you want it removed? Or have you removed it through the App?

This Android app, CCW: Concealed Carry 50 State, is put out by Workman Consulting, the same people as Posted! It's $2.15.

It shows all laws, reciprocity, and lots more, and, it includes Posted!.

I already had Posted!. I should have gotten this first, but no big loss. I don't know if it's new. I just stumbled on it.

It works great and the database updates fast. You can get the Android version through the Google "play Store".

Just added a restaurant, Smokin' Woody's in the Lincoln Square neighborhood in Chicago to the app. Nonconforming sign posted on a cooler after you walk in the front door. No big loss, they have eh BBQ, only take cash (but don't advertise that fact).

I love Smokin' Woody's. I thought they had a sign up saying they only take cash but yeah it's not on their website. I digress. The sign must be recent, it wasn't there when I went about a month or so ago. I might have to head up there today to see why they hate us.

Archived