POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

Does anyone have solid information about Target?

Is this just "open carry" or does it include concealed carry?

The solid information is I don't see any signs on ours.

This is being discussed in two other forums.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50161&hl=target

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50162&hl=target

Does anyone have solid information about Target?

Is this just "open carry" or does it include concealed carry?

I haven't seen any posted, and I very much doubt they will. I called corporate and had a good discussion. They do not plan to post (although of course any decision could change at any time.)

The Village Tavern and Grill in Schaumburg is now posted. That's so sad, that place is GREAT. My sister in law is a manager there, said they posted because guns and liquor don't mix. They keep going back and forth on the matter but the sign is still up. I know for sure the owner is pro gun so I don't understand?

Tony's Finer Foods in Hanover Park is now posted too. Its a new sign, I didn't have any cards on me, but my wife was near there and went in and talked to a manager and gave him a card. She told them we will not shop there anymore and he was Shocked. I am going to stop In and talk to them too next time I'm near there. I did write a letter on the web site, not expecting a response.

I noticed an odd one. There is an outpatient clinic for Good Samaritan Hospital near my house that was posted, as I think it should be because it is a healthcare facility. I took a photo and posted it on the POSTED app so I know it was posted.

The sign is now gone although I don't think it changes anything as it should still be a prohibited place.

Tony's Finer Foods in Hanover Park is now posted too. Its a new sign, I didn't have any cards on me, but my wife was near there and went in and talked to a manager and gave him a card. She told them we will not shop there anymore and he was Shocked. I am going to stop In and talk to them too next time I'm near there. I did write a letter on the web site, not expecting a response.

Yeah, I noticed that over the weekend. Went there to grab some stuff for a BBQ and stopped right at the door, turned around and went back to my car since I was carrying. Would have gone back in to talk with the manager, but was running late. Will be posting on their website as well when I get a chance to come up with a letter. It's too bad, liked that store, usually stopped in at least once a week.

Another small victory...Tony's Finer Foods in Hanover Park is no longer posted! I even got a reply to my email. I also talked to a manager yesterday and he told me it wasn't his decision to put it up and said 2 other people gave him cards too, and he will pass it along. It pays to stop and talk, send emails, and give out those cards. Numbers make the difference. Sorry for some reason I cant past the reply email

Great to hear. I just sent them an email before I logged on here. Glad to hear they changed their mind. Now is it just this Tony's? Or are the others taking down the signs as well?

Here's the message I posted on their web contact form:

I was at your Hanover Park store over the weekend and was rather surprised by what I saw. On the way into the store I was stopped at the door by your no guns allowed sign. While I don't always carry, I have been carrying off and on since I received my concealed carry license and to this date, not surprisingly, nothing has ever happened.
While I like shopping at your store, I usually stop in at least once a week, I can no longer in good conscience support a store that does not support the constitution of the United States and thinks that law abiding gun owners are criminals. You do realize that criminals will ignore your sign and come right in with their illegal firearms.
Just for your information, in order to get my Illinois Concealed Carry license, I've had my background checked by the Streamwood Police department, the Cook County Sheriff, the Illinois State Police, the FBI and the BATF. And none of them had any concerns with me carrying a concealed firearm. Can you say the same about your other customers?
If you change your mind and decide to take down the silly sign, I will gladly return to your store with my hard earned money. In the mean time, I will take my business and my money to your competitors in the area that don't label law abiding gun owners as criminals.
Thank you.

Here's the email response I received back this morning:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, we always appreciate customer feedback. We value all of our customers and employees, which is why we made this decision in the first place. Keeping our stores as safe as possible is a top priority for us. After receiving similar feedback from several customers, we decided yesterday afternoon to remove our signage prohibiting the carrying of firearms. We apologize if our previous decision offended you in anyway. That is the last thing we would want to do.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Have a nice day

And here's another message I just sent them back:

Thank you for the reply to my previous message and your change in policy in regards to firearms at the Hanover Park store. Does this policy apply to just the Hanover Park store? Or does it apply to all Tony's locations as I have heard from friends that your Elston Ave. & Belmont Ave. stores in Chicago are also posted. If this policy applies to ALL stores, I will happily begin shopping again at your store.

Thanks You.

I've been to several Mariano's, none have been posted. Which one did you see that was posted?

Look at Posted. There are quite a few in Chicago.

I've been to several Mariano's, none have been posted. Which one did you see that was posted?

Look at Posted. There are quite a few in Chicago.

I bet you'll find that the Chicago locations are posted in compliance with the CHICAGO ORDINANCE that requires any store with a liquor license to post......beer, wine & liquor @ Marianos?......don't know....never been in one

Someone should complain to Mariano's corporate that all their stores in the city of Chicago is posted as gun free zones and that the corporation may end up on the hook for lawsuits if CCW licensees are harmed due to being disarmed. The corporation may want to Chicago if the posting is due to the new law that Chicago put in place.

The Marianos by me near the Elston DMV isn't posted.

Archived