POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

By the way, I've been diligently looking for NO GUN stickers so I could update the POSTED site - because I felt like we're all in this together. You pretty much took the wind out of my sails in that regard. So much for feeling like I was part of an organized team "effort" where all ideas were welcomed and discussed.

Don't lose the wind in your sail brother! We are all on the same team.

We are all more alike than different. Heck, I have the same thoughts as you at times. It just means your passionate about your convictions, don't lose that.

I have to remind myself that it's not just our side here reading and posting. It may seem like we are preaching to the choir, but the other side is lurking here just itching to catch us on a technicality. We have to rise above their level and take the high road. It's not easy, I know. I want to rip every one of those %$@% stickers down as much as you do but we are no better than the other side if we stoop down to their level.

Hang with us and keep adding those places to the database. Some of these stores hate when you are taking pics of their store and adding it off to a DB that is costing them money. I've been asked a few times what I'm doing taking pics of their doors. Makes me smile and I tell them why :flowers:

Babies r us in burbank is posted with a non compliant sign on the inner set of doors. So technically your in the store before you see the sign. And the toys r us also in burbank was not posted. So no carrying while buying overpriced baby food guys. Guess i couldn't take a pic of the sign either.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/dude60104/578AAC07-7246-4AFE-B0C1-A766D8F2BAF2.jpg

BBQ King Smokehouse in Woodstock is posted on their front door. I asked the manager this weekend about the sign (thinking it might be due to alcohol sales over 50%) and he said that this is not the case. He said the owner is a "big gun guy" but does not want ccl holders in his restaurant. I have added them to the Posted! app.

Alexanders Steakhouse in Peoria had the attached lame sign on the door, which I did not even notice as I entered for a business meal with a vendor.

I have added Alexanders to the posted app list, and I will take them a pamphlet when I get them in the mail.

best

mqqn

edit - well I guess I won't attach a picture as the forum software is not allowing it for the small JPG file I am trying to attach.

Went to lunch today at Buffalo wild wing on meacham in Schaumburg. Looked all over the doors there is no signs posted. Checked the outer and inner door. No berreta 92 with a red line across it. Only sign I saw was a no smoking and no e cigarette sign. Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Interesting because there are over 16 validations on http://rightapp.net/input/DisplayIllinois.php with the latest being last month. They must have taken the sign down.

Went to lunch today at Buffalo wild wing on meacham in Schaumburg. Looked all over the doors there is no signs posted. Checked the outer and inner door. No berreta 92 with a red line across it. Only sign I saw was a no smoking and no e cigarette sign. Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Interesting because there are over 16 validations on http://rightapp.net/input/DisplayIllinois.php with the latest being last month. They must have taken the sign down.

No sign at the BWW in Forsyth (North side of Decatur) either.

I spent the day in downtown Chicago today on business. I have to say I disagree with those that say it's difficult to carry in Chicago. Other than the required GFZ's I expected (The State of Illinois building and the Cook County Courthouse), I only came across three No Gun signs, one on the Board of Trade Building, one retail store and one bank. Otherwise, the vast majority of places I went were not posted. Really wasn't much of a problem.

I guess they must have, the guys at the office frequent it, I was reluctant to go seeing that they were posted on here. But they convinced me. Walked to the door, scanned the first set of doors no sign, scanned the second set no sign, scanned the little wall to the left when you walk in no sign but the no smoking and no vaping sign. First time I've had to walk back to the car just to holster and walk back in. I didn't bother to ask if they were posted or not since I wouldn't want them to repost if they in fact took it down. I just decided to tip my server generously.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I work on the West Side of Chicago in a University of Illinois Chicago building. My company, not UIC. I know I cannot carry or transport inside and don't always take my car where I can safe haven store. So I am planning on sending an email through UIC security to ask for special dispensation so that I can carry inside - I know there is a provision for this with the law. I doubt that I will get approval but then again, I doubted that any of us would ever be granted a CCL! So my question: has anyone written such a letter? Any suggestions or advice on what to include?

I spent the day in downtown Chicago today on business. I have to say I disagree with those that say it's difficult to carry in Chicago. Other than the required GFZ's I expected (The State of Illinois building and the Cook County Courthouse), I only came across three No Gun signs, one on the Board of Trade Building, one retail store and one bank. Otherwise, the vast majority of places I went were not posted. Really wasn't much of a problem.

Agreed. Most of the places I see in the loop that are posted is office buildings. Most restaurants aren't posted, even places that serve alcohol. Some theaters aren't posted either.

Agreed. Most of the places I see in the loop that are posted is office buildings. Most restaurants aren't posted, even places that serve alcohol. Some theaters aren't posted either.

Fox News Chicago had a segment about business posting that was pretty interesting. A lot of the business said they did not know about the law or requirement in the case of bars and of those that did most said they didn't post because they didn't want to be seen taking a side. Of course they had to talk to Father Pfaker to get his input on business not knowing the law. He said he had a group that was going to start going down 79th street to pass out signs to all the business'

I work on the West Side of Chicago in a University of Illinois Chicago building. My company, not UIC. I know I cannot carry or transport inside and don't always take my car where I can safe haven store. So I am planning on sending an email through UIC security to ask for special dispensation so that I can carry inside - I know there is a provision for this with the law. I doubt that I will get approval but then again, I doubted that any of us would ever be granted a CCL! So my question: has anyone written such a letter? Any suggestions or advice on what to include?

And why can't you transport in until in your space?

One of the places I allegedly work at has this super duper criminal protection zone sign posted. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/12/egunu8u8.jpg

Now THAT'S a smart sign. Most anti-carry businesses only prohibit guns with their signs, leaving criminals open to all sorts of other mischief, but this place is smart enough to prohibit ALL weapons. You must feel quite safe when you go there.

Just walked by the parking lot on Randolph and Wabash in Chicago. Unposted! You can still see the outline of tape on the door. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/13/uva4a9av.jpg

Also noticed the walgreens around the corner on state street has a non compliant sign. It's a picture of a 1911. While walking through the block noticed joffrey ballet was correctly posted as well.

Haven't heard of anyone asking yet, but maybe they'll go for it if you specify that you'll be transporting to your office and storing in a locked container. They're obviously going to have some of the many people who don't drive to work requesting permission to do this. Here's the text of the law in case you don't have it.

(720 ILCS 5/21-6) (from Ch. 38, par. 21-6)

Sec. 21-6. Unauthorized Possession or Storage of Weapons.

(a) Whoever possesses or stores any weapon enumerated in Section 33A-1 in any building or on land supported in whole or in part with public funds or in any building on such land without prior written permission from the chief security officer for such land or building commits a Class A misdemeanor.

(B) The chief security officer must grant any reasonable request for permission under paragraph (a).

If they refuse, ask them what would be considered a "reasonable request" under their guidelines. If you do follow through on this, let us know what happens.

Archived