POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

Once the permits start actually hitting the streets, the signs will multiply like rats.

I was at the Algonquin Red Robin located on Randall road this past Saturday and was pleasantly surprised they did NOT have a posted on their door. I know Red Robin is listed in the Hall of Shame. So, I wonder if this is an oversight or if this location has chosen to take the high road? I didn't dare bring this to the attention of the manager.

Red Robin has both corporate stores and franchise stores. There are a lot of businesses where someone in corporate is somewhat anti, but individual franchise owners or store managers are not. I will continue to patronize locations that aren't posted in support of local franchisees. (Plus, I really like their burgers.) For a lot of businesses, it's just up to the franchise owner. So for instance while many Applebee's are posted (b/c their biggest franchise owner is very anti), many are not (b/c many of the smaller franchise owners are not against freedom.) I would suggest not bringing it to the manager though, in case it's an oversight. :)

We were given Red Robin gift cards for Christmas. Took the family to the RR in Davenport, IA last week, and I didn't see any GFZ signs anywhere.

What else is a guy to do but "Keep Calm and Carry On?"

-- Frank

Xwing - Should I have added the Algonquin Red Robin as a "Pro-Gun Alternative" in the Posted app? What happens if they are listed as a Pro Gun and then they add a posted sign to the door at a later day? Do we then simply add them later as an Anti? Do you recommend us to hold off on adding "Pro Gun" locations until after a certain date?

Xwing - Should I have added the Algonquin Red Robin as a "Pro-Gun Alternative" in the Posted app? What happens if they are listed as a Pro Gun and then they add a posted sign to the door at a later day? Do we then simply add them later as an Anti? Do you recommend us to hold off on adding "Pro Gun" locations until after a certain date?

I'm not Xwing, but I think the "Pro-Gun Alternative" is meant to publicize businesses whose owners have stated they are Pro-2A and welcome ccw holders. I wouldn't submit a suggestion if they are "neutral" (no sign, but no public statements either).

The main purpose of the "Pro gun alternatives" section is for businesses that are actively pro. (e.g. you talked with the store owner who supports freedom, or you see a "pro-gun" sign.) However, many people add businesses which are neutral as a way to differentiate them from anti-gun competitors. (e.g. adding Sam's Club b/c the Costco nearby is posted anti-gun, to let people know a better place to shop than Costco.)

And if a location later posts, it is easy to change from anti to pro (or vise versa for a few locations which have "seen the light"). You could either do it by putting in a "Remove" request to the pro-listing and then creating an anti-listing, or just by emailing a request to change it (via Feedback link).

There should be a bunch of new Highland Park and Deerfield entries soon. I had a conversation with the owner of Norton's Restaurant last night (newly posted GFZ). He didn't say it in words, exactly, but it was clear he had been pressured to put it up. I suspect there will be a lot more.

I saw the 2 just added this afternoon. Unfortunately quite a few new listings for Illinois this week. And I think it's just the beginning. Currently the state with the most entries is Ohio, with > 1000 active anti-gun businesses listed. But I fear Illinois may surpass that in the next few months.

Does anyone know why Posted shows McDonald's on their Wall of Shame? AFAIK McDonald's has a corporate policy to follow the local and state law with respect to RTC. Can the Wall of Shame and other features on the app be trusted?

McDonalds Corporate allows carry, but they do not force the policy on the franchise owners. If you see one posted complain to corp and maybe they will enforce it on the franchisee. McDonald's now has a policy that the corporation owns the land, so for most franchisees the Corp is the land owner.

Does anyone know why Posted shows McDonald's on their Wall of Shame? AFAIK McDonald's has a corporate policy to follow the local and state law with respect to RTC. Can the Wall of Shame and other features on the app be trusted?

Wall of Shame is the businesses which are most added as “anti-gun” in the Posted! app. It is automatically updated at each refresh. McDonalds is another one (like several talked about above) in which the Franchise owners make the decision. I think McDonald’s corporate doesn’t have an opinion. But several of the individual franchise owners are anti, and there were enough to make it on the “Wall of Shame” list. Believe it or not, #3 on that list [Applebee's] is in the same boat. (Although I know that every other one in the "worst" 10 is coming from corporate, w/ the possible exception of Pizza Hut, which is uniformly anti-gun for drivers and employees, but wishy-washy on customers.)

(Although I know that every other one in the "worst" 10 is coming from corporate, w/ the possible exception of Pizza Hut, which is uniformly anti-gun for drivers and employees, but wishy-washy on customers.)

Interesting. Wal-Mart, as I understand it, is in pretty much the same boat, except that customers are clearly welcome to carry. Employees and vendors are forbidden to carry, and several IL stores have posted signs stating as much.

Do the locations include both the official 4x6 and unofficial signs? The only posted signs in IL that matter to me are the official 4x6 ones.

The only places where this matters are private businesses. If any of the other prohibited places fail to post a sign, or post the wrong sign, they are are still prohibited places!

-- Frank

Do the locations include both the official 4x6 and unofficial signs? The only posted signs in IL that matter to me are the official 4x6 ones.

The only places where this matters are private businesses. If any of the other prohibited places fail to post a sign, or post the wrong sign, they are are still prohibited places!

-- Frank

They are all required by law to post. Schools, libraries, government offices, schools. All of them.

Establishments deriving more than 50% of revenues from alcohol sales have to indicate this is the case by posting.

Yes, we need to know and disarm when going into statutory prohibited places, but they still have an obligation to post compliant signage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

-- Frank

They are all required by law to post. Schools, libraries, government offices, schools. All of them.

Establishments deriving more than 50% of revenues from alcohol sales have to indicate this is the case by posting.

Yes, we need to know and disarm when going into statutory prohibited places, but they still have an obligation to post compliant signage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Absolutely! Funny thing, though. The only penalties for NOT POSTING as required by law are for establishments getting >50% of their gross receipts from alcohol sales. There are no penalties for anyone else NOT POSTING as required.

But what is the penalty for carrying into one of the 23 prohibited places even if they neglected to post signage as required by law?

Anyone?

Anyone?

-- Frank

Maybe a group project for the next iGold would be to find and record as many places as possible. Offer a prize for the most.

The Posted! app does award points and badges, as well as "Top 10" lists for top posters. But it would be fun to recognize at an event as well. Good idea!

I didn't find Connie's Pizza on the Posted! App.

Hmm. It is in there. Can you check if you have updated your data recently? (It automatically prompts for update every 5 days, but you can update more frequently by hitting the "Update DB" button.)

Was at St Anthony Memorial in Effingham yesterday with my dad, They have a 3 inch wide by 5 inch tall sign that has about a 2 inch slash circle with the handgun in it at the top, and something about according to the Concealed carry law this location is of limits to concealed carry, and has St Anthony Memorial Hospital at the bottom. Doesn't list the statute, The circle is way too small.

correct spelling

Archived