POSTED! - NO CARRY Signs

mauserme

I must add that: if you're in the Schaumburg/Woodfield Red Robin, I've seen on the app that they are posted. I'm assuming this has to be because of their location, as they themselves (Red Robin) ARE NOT ANTI. I have been to SEVERAL non mall locations that ARE NOT POSTED.

So I am happy to say that Red Robin itself, is NOT ANTI. Just avoid the three locations (that I last saw) that are posted (likely due to the fact that they don't OWN the building, and the property OWNER probably posts regardless of whether their tenant [red robin] likes it or not)!

I would have been sad if they were anti themselves, as I like Red Robin >.> So it is good to know that they're not :D

I agree. Red Robin used to be anti-gun. But they changed their corporate policy years ago to be "compliant with state law" (e.g. pro-gun / neutral). Unfortunately many of them are located inside anti-gun malls. I used to eat Red Robin at Stratford Square before Stratford Square decided to start hating freedom. Now I have to drive to Warrenville.

But Red Robin itself is not anti-gun. The stand-alone locations aren't posted.

I have two near me, one did post but has since unposted. The other never posted in the first place. I was told it was at first a difference of corporate vs. franchise establishments.

University Place 8 in Carbondale is now posted though not always conspicuously and it looks pretty small. Walked in today while carrying to ask them if all their theaters had the new seating. The outer set of doors are not posted and one set of the two inner doors were propped open. Saw a white square on the left side.

Continued in, got my answer and as I was leaving saw it was a no guns sign. Walked back in to casually ask why the doors were open. They said they do it to help cool the outer section. Guess they don't want people to know they hate guns.

Is university place 8 leased out by a university? If so the university may have compelled them to post by threatening to evict them if they did not comply.

It's the second AMC Theater in Carbondale which has a no guns policy period. It's in the University Place shopping center hence the name. Oddly enough the university mall across the street has the other theater and its call Showplace 8. When I first moved here I always confused them thinking the U Malls theater would share the same name.

Not much in Carbondale makes sense so no shocker there. They have been remodeling so it has not been posted at all until recently.

The mall in Carbondale is not Clearly posted, there are no signs so i would think it does not comply with being posted, but if you read closely on the security sign, way at the bottom is small print it states weapons are prohibited. Carbondale PD is pretty pro second amendment, you may not have to much to worry about as long its not posted and you are not a butt head.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped in the Walgreens in the town of McHenry this morning. No sign on the front doors. I was walking to the pharmacy, which in the back of the sign, there Posted on a door, not sure what was behind it, was a approved ISP sign, and a sign that said" No firearms are permitted on any Advocate property".

Sounds like a health clinic?

I stopped in the Walgreens in the town of McHenry this morning. No sign on the front doors. I was walking to the pharmacy, which in the back of the sign, there Posted on a door, not sure what was behind it, was a approved ISP sign, and a sign that said" No firearms are permitted on any Advocate property".

Many pharmacy chains now have an immediate, or urgent, care section. They are staffed by nurse practitioners. Advocate Healthcare is a northern Illinois hospital group to staffs these sections in Walgreens in that area. They probably are claiming the section 65 (7) of the FCCA applies.

(7) Any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public or private hospital or hospital affiliate, mental health facility, or nursing home.

• 1 month later...

I had dinner at the Hofbrauhaus in Rosemont. I was surprised that it wasn't posted. We had a nice time there and everyone was safe. Especially us.

I noticed the same. The signs at the parking elevators seem to be gone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 businesses still listed on "Posted!" app in Rosemont. So far, I've only seen one business in Rosemont which was posted and is no longer. But it would be nice if more chose that direction. If passing by, make sure to let them know. :)

Hospitals are posted so that if you are wounded your assailant can come to the hospital to finish you off without fear that you might be able to shoot back. Many hospitals do have security staff but I have never seen armed security. Too expensive, and then the thugs might be inconvenienced.

• 2 weeks later...
The Comcast store for the Peoria area located in East Peoria at 426 W Washington St is now Posted. I used the Posted app and only found 3 postings in the US. The manager said they can post if they want and it is their right to post. She also said it was Comcast policy. I asked her if she would let me see it and she said she didn't have it. Strange. My question is where can I find their policy on legal concealed carry? She also said she would not let off duty officers carry only on duty could legally carry.

I sent them an email requesting their policy. This is what I got back so far.

Thank you for contacting Comcast. We appreciate your interest in our Customer Agreements, Policies, and Services Disclosures. We will review your inquiry and reply to it within 24 hours.

Sincerely,

The Comcast Team

You can try contacting Comcast corporate office.

Comcast Corporation

Comcast Center

1701 JFK Boulevard

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Most likely the building is not owned by Comcast, but the lease may grant the lessee that authority.

In a related matter, Comcast does not accept advertising for selling guns.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/22/comcast-gun-ads/2009717/

ETA: I see that you got the robo-response to an email.

Comcast Corporation

Comcast Center

1701 JFK Boulevard

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Most likely the building is not owned by Comcast, but the lease may grant the lessee that authority.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/03/22/comcast-gun-ads/2009717/

Dont know if policies changed since the 2013 article, but I would have sworn I saw firearm ads on Comcast in 2016...granted probably only on Fox news though.

I posted the link to give an indication of Comcast corporate philosophy.

I am not sure of the conditions under which Comcast accepts advertisements. Most shows that we see on any cable service are simply passed through the system. The originator accepts and broadcasts the commercials. The cable company exercises no control. Similarly, those of use using Comcast as an internet service provider, can access numerous gun sites which may have gun advertising or sympathetic pop-ups. We can shop for guns and ammo. That may make Comcast unhappy, but apparently they have no control.

Is university place 8 leased out by a university? If so the university may have compelled them to post by threatening to evict them if they did not comply.

It's the second AMC Theater in Carbondale which has a no guns policy period. It's in the University Place shopping center hence the name. Oddly enough the university mall across the street has the other theater and its call Showplace 8. When I first moved here I always confused them thinking the U Malls theater would share the same name.

Not much in Carbondale makes sense so no shocker there. They have been remodeling so it has not been posted at all until recently.

The mall in Carbondale is not Clearly posted, there are no signs so i would think it does not comply with being posted, but if you read closely on the security sign, way at the bottom is small print it states weapons are prohibited. Carbondale PD is pretty pro second amendment, you may not have to much to worry about as long its not posted and you are not a butt head.

Code of Conduct does not a legal posting make. If found out, you can be asked to leave the premises, but if they don't have a 4X6 gunbuster sign, there is no FCCA (or for that matter, any other State firearm law).

Comcast Corporation

Comcast Center

1701 JFK Boulevard

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Correct Robo response. I wouldn't have expected anything more from a monopoly.

• 3 weeks later...

So, last time I was at one of my two favorite local area vape shops I saw THIS in their window (exact opposite of what this thread is about I know):

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2017/post-1104-0-94859300-1486106291.gif

Needless to say I snapped a pic and told the guy they have officially earned my business for LIFE!

Any fellow "vapers" I highly recommend this place! The business in question is:

VAPOR HAUS

617 W GOLF RD

DES PLANES, IL 60016

(847) 718-6201

http://vaporhauschicago.com/

post-1104-0-94859300-1486106291_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived