ATTN: Site outage 8/7/2013 : afternoon

pyre400

Hello folks

Just wanted everyone to be aware of a site outage that will occur this afternoon. The outage duration is expected to be ~40 minutes.

What you may need to do:

1. The DNS will change, which may impact those who "cache" dns. Most windows systems do and you can run "ipconfig /flushdns" after the outage, if you have problems accessing the site.

2. If you have a "stale" web browser up, you may wish to "ctl +F5" to update the page

3. If you dont know what the heck I'm talking about in steps 1 and 2, please reboot your system - that is a crude way of doing both steps above.

Again, these suggestions are to be performed after the outage is over. I'll provide more details shortly as to the precise time of the outage.

The purpose of our outage today is to perform a migration, which will lead to the enhancement of performance and availability of our community.

On behalf of IC, I want to apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

More outage details regarding time-frame, to come... Stay tuned

Hopefully the "View New Content" will work again!!

It works fine for me.

Doesn't work on my phone or PC. Im using Chrome for both and hasnt worked since they went to reduced features mode a while ago.

Hmm that weird, I use Chrome on both and works fine. Maybe the update will fix your issue. It has to stink not to be able to use that feature.

Hopefully the "View New Content" will work again!!

II had he same problem and it turned out to be a setting.

Hit "VIEW NEW CONTENT" and the options below should be on the left side ofof the screen.

Be sure "forums" and "new since my last visit" are selected.

Archived