Now we have to golden ticket with some dust on it , whats next?

flw

I know this is opening the flood gates but it is the logical next step.

Clearly number one is hold the line on current gains. No mags limits or additional gun limits, no additional no carry zones, etc...

Then:

A. Improve the current public act. ( I almost called it a bill) Reduce the no carry zones especially public transportation. Those that need it the most have the most restrictions against carrying.

B. Now that we have a lethal option can we please have a less than lethal option. I would think the peace loving Chicago crowd would prefer that CCL holders have another option short of shooting. I would. This would include those that chose not to CCL. Those grey areas when seconds is all you have to think. Tazors anyone?

What would you add ?

Not Tazers, thats for sure. The problem with Tazers is that they're huge, you get one shot, at least some percentage of the population can withstand them, theres a non-trivial chance of killing someone anyway (and have fun explaining why your "less than lethal" weapon isn't deadly force but also isn't irresponsible given that someone is dead to a prosecutor looking to make an example of you), and every single time someone shot in self defense you can bet on whoever holds the CCL getting grilled by cops, prosecutors, and the media as to why they carried a deadly weapon instead of a less lethal one if they didn't intend on murder.

What would I actually want? To pair down the gun free zones locations generally recognized as in need of additional security (airports, courthouses, police stations). I'd like to see any government building that bans weapons to be required to have non-private armed security at all entrances and lockers to check weapons. I'd like to see private businesses who refuse the right to carry to be civilly liable for any crimes that occur on their premises. I'd like to see any duty to inform, even on request, gone. I'd like to see private GFZ signs lose the force of law and become simple trespass.

And a pony. I'd like a pony.

Then:

A. Improve the current public act. ( I almost called it a bill) Reduce the no carry zones especially public transportation. Those that need it the most have the most restrictions against carrying.

Yes, the long term goal is to reduce the no carry zones. I think a good, intermediate step to achieving that goal is to give whoever is in charge of those areas the option to allow guns. Right now, if you live in a gun friendly town and everyone is on board with carrying in the library, for example, you can't do it. Even if the library director, the mayor, the city council, etc. would all allow it.

I'd like to see any government building that bans weapons to be required to have non-private armed security at all entrances and lockers to check weapons. I'd like to see private businesses who refuse the right to carry to be civilly liable for any crimes that occur on their premises.

I've long advocated for that as well. If the government is going to take away my right to defend myself, it needs to take adequate steps to ensure my safety. And, if the government building is a place that I am forced to go to (such as the courthouse) then the government should be on the hook financially for any injuries or death I suffer because of the violent act of another while in that building.

Complete agreement with you as to private businesses.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, July 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM - Didn't see the purple (color blind and all).
Hidden by mauserme, July 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM - Didn't see the purple (color blind and all).

If you want non lethal you can always put two rubber rounds in your mag. If they don't stop then send them two jhp's.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you want non-lethal, shoot them in the foot.

No, don't shoot at the ground and hope you hit soft tissue.

No No No on the non-lethal stuff. If you carry a non-lethal device, you will be subject to being told you must try non-lethal means first, then if that fails you can use lethal force. If you fear for your life or to prevent a felony, you either use lethal force or you run away. Else the lawyers will eat you alive. When Tasers first came out, we were told we could draw them from the Armory, but if we carried them, we had to use them first, then if or when they failed, we could at that point determine if the situation still warranted Lethal Force.

statewide preemption for all firearms

reduce training to NRA Basic Pistol with an On-Line course test for the 'stuff' not covered in NRA Course

remove refresher training

reduce penalty for restricted area to simple trespass IF a holder refuses to leave

recognize other state permits

chip away at restricted areas

Archived