Madigan's office files motion to dismiss Shepard/Moore cases as moot

Phatty

Isnt it problematic to the state that the law now allows, as of yesterday, non residents w/CCW permits to vehicle carry immediately while there remains an effective ban to IL residents on all forms of carry or do I have my facts wrong?

So now non residents can come to our state, pierce our borders, and enjoy a measure of self defense we are enjoined from exercising as residents? I would be satisfied with car carry as a measure of relief until permits are granted. At least there is some equality with that.

We have already pierced your borders. Been doing it for over 100 years. I'm one of them.

been on this for the last 48 hours. lawyers are working on it. stay tuned. . .

Thanks Todd

+1

The "new" law does not comply with the CA7 ruling IMHO.

1) for the next 3/4 of a year, nothing changes with UUW. This is a direct violation to the courts ruling

2) non-residents are allowed additional freedoms that Illinois residents are not allowed - The right to carry loaded firearms in their vehicles.

Please explain point #2 to me. As a nonresident I thought I had to abide by the same laws reseidents do when it comes to transporting firearms. The only real difference is that I don't need a FOID as per The People v Holmes, Illinois Supreme Court, April 2011.

Non-Illinois residents with CCW permits from their state of residence can carry concealed in their vehicles while in Illinois immediately under the new law. Residents of Illinois cannot do this until they have an Illinois CCW permit.

Okay, so the new question is, should I put the G21C, G30S, or G36 in the trunk? :laugh:

Conveniently, Keefer's has a contact form on their website. http://www.keefersrestaurant.com/contact.html. I just sent them a quick note thanking them for preventing me from patronizing a business that doesn't support the second amendment. I'm sure they don't care but it made me feel good.

I think a nice 1-star Yelp review is order for them. -Every resturant's worst nightmare.

Conveniently, Keefer's has a contact form on their website. http://www.keefersre...om/contact.html. I just sent them a quick note thanking them for preventing me from patronizing a business that doesn't support the second amendment. I'm sure they don't care but it made me feel good.

I just did the same thing. Think they might think twice about it or just another AS brainwashed..

Conveniently, Keefer's has a contact form on their website. http://www.keefersrestaurant.com/contact.html. I just sent them a quick note thanking them for preventing me from patronizing a business that doesn't support the second amendment. I'm sure they don't care but it made me feel good.

I think a nice 1-star Yelp review is order for them. -Every resturant's worst nightmare.

Check it out:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/keefers-restaurant-chicago?sort_by=date_desc

I could live with my FOID card being a carry permit until the ISP gets its act together. That'll expedite the process that's for sure heh. I got permits from AZ and UT as well as an 03 FFL, it's not like I haven't been "checked out."

Good point and there are probably many that hold a FOID card and permits from other states. I have Florida and Utah carry permits. And I too have an FFL type 7. I've had more background checks and finger prints taken that prove that I am not only a trustworthy person but I have gone through many training sessions. Plus I compete in sanctioned events and have trained with the FBI and many SWAT teams.

NBC news missed the boat. Their big story is 1.... thats 1 restaurant put a sign in the window "No weapons allowed".

Out of a city of how many million citizens and business's 1 diner puts up a sign. And nothing on any court motions.

http://www.nbcchicag...-214920141.html

and yet that sign isnt legal. ironic isnt it?

I wonder how thrilled Chicago police officers that serve that diners district would be, to know that place deems that people who pass background checks, have a clear criminal records cannot be trusted legally armed in that establishment.

I meant I think a lot of CPD officers are now happy that their Wife's, Husband's and other relatives will be able to be armed under the new legislation. If they want to take the training, but if their loved ones decide to eat at that place they once again have to take a chance of being easy victims.

Noting that I'll not give negative reviews at a place I haven't (and will not be ) eating at due to policy. How does one go about reporting this place as a gunfreezone for those apps? I think as they are willing to declare their stance so early, they deserve to be reported for those apps ASAP.

I agree to the Yelp and Opentable reviews. Restaurants are highly dependent on these reviews to drive traffic to their business. Make sure your reviews are not a violation of the Yelp or Opentable ToS though.

They are also on Facebook.

I think those could work well in addition to the No Guns No Money cards. I understand this restaurant's right as a private business to do that, but it seems doing it so early and landing a TV spot is almost like an invitation for criminals or any wacko that might want to try something.

I agree to the Yelp and Opentable reviews. Restaurants are highly dependent on these reviews to drive traffic to their business. Make sure your reviews are not a violation of the Yelp or Opentable ToS though.

They are also on Facebook.

I think those could work well in addition to the No Guns No Money cards. I understand this restaurant's right as a private business to do that, but it seems doing it so early and landing a TV spot is almost like an invitation for criminals or any wacko that might want to try something.

I think landing a TV spot is what they were after, remember even bad publicity beats no publicity, or it could be they wanted all the thousands of Quinn supporters to eat there.

Archived