Updates On Attempts to Ban Semi-Auto Firearms

Molly B.

• 4 weeks later...
There was a question whether or not Homewood posted proper notice in accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act. Did anybody follow up? I see where Homewood reviewed and modified their original AWB, but if they never posted the meeting where they passed it, the whole thing can be nullified. Has anybody followed up? How about Riverdale? Did they post proper notice also?

• 2 weeks later...

One of my firearms came with standard magazines greater than 15 rounds. I had to store them out of state and purchase 10 round magazines just so I could register the firearm in Chicago. Now the CFP and registratiion is gone, but they still want to arrest anyone who has a magazine over 15 rounds. I pay taxes in Illinois, and Chicago, yet I can't exercise my Constitutioonal Rights here.

While it doesn't make economic sense for me to sue for my stupid magazines, or does it?, is anyone thinking of a class action lawsuit? Keep me informed please.

One of my firearms came with standard magazines greater than 15 rounds. I had to store them out of state and purchase 10 round magazines just so I could register the firearm in Chicago. Now the CFP and registratiion is gone, but they still want to arrest anyone who has a magazine over 15 rounds. I pay taxes in Illinois, and Chicago, yet I can't exercise my Constitutioonal Rights here.

While it doesn't make economic sense for me to sue for my stupid magazines, or does it?, is anyone thinking of a class action lawsuit? Keep me informed please.

not worth it. other suits will take care of the issue

Based on the proposed ordinance (not sure if it's the one that passed), it sounds like the exemption only applies if you keep the firearm(s) in your home and all bets are off if you don't break it down when transporting or leave the confines of your home (structure not land) but feel free to correct me if I interpreted it incorrectly. One of those munis had an AWB proposal, 03 FFLs were exempt and could possess "assault weapon(s)" but not ammunition for said weapons. It's like saying "you can own that car, you just cannot have any gas in the tank."

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

There was a question whether or not Homewood posted proper notice in accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act. Did anybody follow up? I see where Homewood reviewed and modified their original AWB, but if they never posted the meeting where they passed it, the whole thing can be nullified. Has anybody followed up? How about Riverdale? Did they post proper notice also?

Hazelcrest passed the same ban the same day Homewood did.

Has anyone followed up on Hazelcrest?

Just so everyone is aware...while Evanston did pass a ban....I did manage to ram in a very nice exemption....anyone that holds a C&R FFL is exempt from the ban.

It was my understanding that the only thing that got banned was rifle mags over 15 rounds (from reading this article in the Evanston Roundtable).

I was at the first city council meeting, but was out of town when the second one was held, so I may not have the entire story, despite what the news article above says.

Nevertheless... guess who has a shiny new C&R license? :rolleyes:

Just so everyone is aware...while Evanston did pass a ban....I did manage to ram in a very nice exemption....anyone that holds a C&R FFL is exempt from the ban.

It was my understanding that the only thing that got banned was rifle mags over 15 rounds (from reading this article in the Evanston Roundtable).

I was at the first city council meeting, but was out of town when the second one was held, so I may not have the entire story, despite what the news article above says.

Enjoy......

Don't forget to send it to Midway, Brownell's, Southern Ohio Gun, Centerfire Systems, Century, etc. for your discounts and flyers!

Midway doesn't really give you anything but Brownells holy crap you can get most everything on discount. I paid $4/ea. for my Pearce grip extensions from Brownells. Retail customers pay $10. Classic Firearms is nice too. They have Chinese SKSs in stock hehe.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know where Mount Prospect stands on the issue? I live in chicago and a good friend of mine is wanting to sell his Colt AR...the thing is brand new and never been fired...I know that i can not keep this rifle in the city so another buddy of mine lives in mount prospect and offered storage at his place...any advise would be greatly appreciated!!! Maybe even some advise on the purchasing, transfering (using FFL), anything that i need to know since this would be my first firearm purchase.