Motion Granted

SAXD9

So I'm not Deepak Chopra or anything, but why not take a negative (stupid state of IL gets 30 more days to defecate on my constitutional right), and turn it into a positive. So the state of IL gets 30 more days to waffle on Illinois concealed carry (which delays your ability to protect yourself and possibly save yourself), why not move in the opposite direction. Take the next 30 days to try to eat healthier and get some exercise each day. If the state of IL is going to prevent you from carrying concealed and being able to protect yourself, to even the odds back up, you are going to eat a little better and walk more to reduce your chance of a heart attack or diabetes from killing you (which is really the more likely way you are going to go, the Chicago murder rate notwithstanding).

Yeah, it's stupid and I probably come off sounding like Dr. Phil or Ozz or someone, but why not give it a shot? For every day the stupid state of IL is going to defecate on your constitutional right to carry, you are in response going to smoke less cigarettes, drink less booze, or get out and actually move about more. Who's with me?

ETA: I'm only suggesting this b/c some of the people here sound like they are going to jump off a cliff (pun intended) because of this recent hiccup.

Sorry, but I got off on the wrong foot already and have decided on a Dewar's to take the edge off.

Ha. Well, nothing wrong with that. I really can't judge after the amount of Knob Creek I drank this past weekend. But go for a walk tomorrow!

I'm convinced, the HORRIBLE state of IL is NEVER going to see concealed carry. God only knows what the **** they're gonna pull in the next 30 days, and then the next X days. This state is ****** !!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you and every day I try to convince my wife to move across the river to Missouri, but NO, the grandkids are here. I can't convince her that another 10 minute drive is nothing compared to what we suffer Living in this state,

Well that sounds similar to my situation. End game for me is AZ, but due to having children in a prior relationship I am/was pretty much stuck in IL for the next ten years. So interim I'm thinking about WI or IN... I'm going to look into it with seriousness at this point. Anyone have property close to IL in IN or WI they're looking to rent out ???

So I'm not Deepak Chopra or anything, but why not take a negative (stupid state of IL gets 30 more days to defecate on my constitutional right), and turn it into a positive. So the state of IL gets 30 more days to waffle on Illinois concealed carry (which delays your ability to protect yourself and possibly save yourself), why not move in the opposite direction. Take the next 30 days to try to eat healthier and get some exercise each day. If the state of IL is going to prevent you from carrying concealed and being able to protect yourself, to even the odds back up, you are going to eat a little better and walk more to reduce your chance of a heart attack or diabetes from killing you (which is really the more likely way you are going to go, the Chicago murder rate notwithstanding).

Yeah, it's stupid and I probably come off sounding like Dr. Phil or Ozz or someone, but why not give it a shot? For every day the stupid state of IL is going to defecate on your constitutional right to carry, you are in response going to smoke less cigarettes, drink less booze, or get out and actually move about more. Who's with me?

ETA: I'm only suggesting this b/c some of the people here sound like they are going to jump off a cliff (pun intended) because of this recent hiccup.

Sorry, but I got off on the wrong foot already and have decided on a Dewar's to take the edge off.

Ha. Well, nothing wrong with that. I really can't judge after the amount of Knob Creek I drank this past weekend. But go for a walk tomorrow!

A bicycle ride will have to suffice.

I am soooooo sick of this junk. I will campaign against, donate against, and protest against every one of them. I wonder what else they will try to pull? Mag ban, or something would not suprise me. I guess nothing does anymore, kind of sad when you think about not having any faith that I will see this in my lifetime. I was so happy all weekend and then this.

"Yeah, it's stupid..." Yep. stupid. :)

I'm sure glad the court thinks 30 days is "nothing", tell that to all the people who are victims the following 30 days, PLUS the ones that already exist from the original 180, THEN the ones from the NEXT additional 180 they have in the bill to "impliment"

This is crazy stupid. I was naive to think we were getting carry in IL. WI and IN are looking that much more appealing right about now! I hate to burst the bubble for those who think this will simply be signed within the next 30 days as is, or even veto with a follow up veto override... This is IL and it's simply NOT gonna happen... I'm sure the state has PLENTY of tricks up their sleeve for this next 30 days, and it's NOT gonna be something we're going to like or even be able to stomach...

Someone that in one breath says "you have a right" and in the next breath says "but we'll deny that right for 480 days" can't be trusted.

Ty can you explain 480 days please. I guess I dont understand. I thought the 180 day clock and then the 90 day clock starts with either jello signing it or july 9th now? Please correct me if I am wrong.

If she intends on filing cert petition, she's not gonna get a stay from CA7. That's for sure. Not after this. Posner gave her enough rope. Now will she hang herself? She'd then have to go to Kagan saying CA7 granted a stay of the mandate (not pending writ) and now she wants to stay the mandate again, pending writ. I am highly skeptical that she would grant a stay as CA7 will have denied it and SCOTUS Justices, liberal or conservative, tend to defer to the Circuit as the Circuits are the ones most familiar with all of the goings on and SCOTUS doesnt have time to watch one state. If she is denied by the Seventh, chances are Kagan won't mettle with that. No stay pending writ of cert. that's my take on it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

The downstate dems need to go too, progun or not.

Umm... you realize that the ONLY reason we are NOT watching Quinn MERRILY sign a 'New York 2.0 Turbo edition' carry bill today is because of the Downstate Dems you want to "go"?

They are the only reason we have any bill that does not exclude 97% of the population by fees or may-issue / show cause obligations, so I think you should revise and exend that remark

I posted elsewhere, but here you go...

Original stay 180 days (180)

Extension 30 days (210)

ILSP implementation 180 days (390)

First permit out 90 days (480)

Of course ILSP could get it done faster, but considering how they process FOID cards I'm not holding my breath.

180 - original stay

180 - in bill for ISP to impliment

30 - todays extension

90 - days allowed to decide on your application

= 480 days

180 days for us to come up with a law (originally was a deadline of June 9th) + 180 days after signed for ISP to develop the program + 90 days for ISP to approve or deny an application + 30 days with this new extension = 480 days

Thank you. Got it. I have been following the forums for a couple of years but recently joined so thank you for being patient.

Archived