Update From Todd/Valinda

Blackhawk067

Cullerton is going all in and staring down Madigan.

We need to kill it with fire to where there is no choice but Phelps bill. Melt rhe Capitol's phone lines.

I wasn't able to listen in today. Was there any discussion about the unconstitutionality of a simple majority on a bill with preemption?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Cullerton and Madigan are in this together.

We need to kill it with fire to where there is no choice but Phelps bill. Melt rhe Capitol's phone lines.

I wasn't able to listen in today. Was there any discussion about the unconstitutionality of a simple majority on a bill with preemption?

So you keep saying, over and over, yet with no citation to evidence...

There's decades of evidence. They are creating this stand off making it look like it's against each other when really they're wanting something from us because they're p***** that ccw is coming to IL. You surely don't think either one of them are the least bit in favor of 2A rights???? I know, don't call you shirley lol

http://district51rose.ilsenategop.net/images/illinois_seal.gif State Senator Chapin Rose Representing the 51st District of Illinois http://district51rose.ilsenategop.net/common/images/footer_deco.jpg

May 28, 2013

Dear Friends

As of 10:00 PM, Tuesday 5/28…

Senator Forby’s/ Rep. Phelps’ Senate Bill 2193 was defeated in the Senate Executive Committee by a vote of 6-8. Senator James Clayborne sided with the 5 Republican members of the committee.

Later this afternoon, the committee adopted an amendment to Senator Raoul’s HB 183, with a vote of 8-4-1. The Republican members of the Executive Committee voted “no” or “present” on the Raoul version of concealed-carry legislation.

As a reminder the Forby/Phelps bill included preemption and was a “shall” issue concealed-carry version. Raoul’s bill is written for “may” issue. We are clearly at a stalemate at this point, I will likely send out another update tomorrow. I will remain strong and hope to vote on a "shall" issue bill that allows all Illinoisans the same concealed-carry rights.

Sincerely,

Chapin Rose

State Senator

http://district51rose.ilsenategop.net/common/images/footer_deco.jpg

510 S. Staley, Suite D

Champaign, IL 61822

This was emailed to me this morning.

I searched for this SB1283 and returned no results so I'm posting it here. If it's out already please ignore it.

no evidence there fighting at all. they just have to def. bills to pass.IMO

Proof?

Proof?

In my opinion there's just as much circumstantial evidence for this idea as there is for the idea that they are at loggerheads. It's all speculation.

http://district51rose.ilsenategop.net/images/illinois_seal.gif State Senator Chapin Rose Representing the 51st District of Illinois http://district51rose.ilsenategop.net/common/images/footer_deco.jpg

May 28, 2013

Dear Friends

As of 10:00 PM, Tuesday 5/28…

Senator Forby’s/ Rep. Phelps’ Senate Bill 2193 was defeated in the Senate Executive Committee by a vote of 6-8. Senator James Clayborne sided with the 5 Republican members of the committee.

Later this afternoon, the committee adopted an amendment to Senator Raoul’s HB 183, with a vote of 8-4-1. The Republican members of the Executive Committee voted “no” or “present” on the Raoul version of concealed-carry legislation.

As a reminder the Forby/Phelps bill included preemption and was a “shall” issue concealed-carry version. Raoul’s bill is written for “may” issue. We are clearly at a stalemate at this point, I will likely send out another update tomorrow. I will remain strong and hope to vote on a "shall" issue bill that allows all Illinoisans the same concealed-carry rights.

Sincerely,

Chapin Rose

State Senator

http://district51rose.ilsenategop.net/common/images/footer_deco.jpg

510 S. Staley, Suite D

Champaign, IL 61822

This was emailed to me this morning.

I searched for this SB1283 and returned no results so I'm posting it here. If it's out already please ignore it.

So how come Senator Claybourne whose district includes East St.Louis sides with the Republicans on SB2193? Apparently he doesn't think like Chicago anti-gun democrats.

St. Clair County is heavily Democratic. If you want to win in St. Clair County, be tight with the Democrats. He will do what his Democrat masters ask him to do. He is likely one that Madigan can reach across the chambers and sway.

Your reply makes absolutely no sense. Senator Claybourne voted with the Repubs and against the Democrats so he could "be tight with the Democrats" in response to his masters' command? I called his office twice this week, and several friends also made contact. The staffer on the phone seemed genuinely appreciative of my calls and cordially thanked me for my input Maybe Sen. Claybourne was honestly trying to do the right thing. I apologize for the coming mixed metaphors, and this whole issue could very well end up with our rights flushed down the toilet, but I am going to give my senator, and even Speaker Madigan, the benefit of the doubt, at least until the fat lady finally gets to sing.

Archived