Update From Todd/Valinda

Blackhawk067

Got a message from Valinda via Todd...

Todd is in a meeting and asked me to get back with you. ***** ***** ****** ********** ******* ****** (omitted by me just to be safe) - that might not be the exact words he used! Cullerton made sure that Sb2193, the only bill that stands a chance of passing, didn't make it out of committee and made sure the bill that if it passes the senate will not pass the house according to Phelps. Its a big game of chicken and the clock keeps ticking..... Its a contest of who is going to budge

In short, we know exactly what's going on between certain parties and certain people. In fact, it's what most of us predicted in the last day or two.

Cullerton is going all in and staring down Madigan.

We need to kill it with fire to where there is no choice but Phelps bill. Melt rhe Capitol's phone lines.

I wasn't able to listen in today. Was there any discussion about the unconstitutionality of a simple majority on a bill with preemption?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Got a message from Valinda via Todd...

Todd is in a meeting and asked me to get back with you. ***** ***** ****** ********** ******* ****** (omitted by me just to be safe) - that might not be the exact words he used! Cullerton made sure that Sb2193, the only bill that stands a chance of passing, didn't make it out of committee and made sure the bill that if it passes the senate will not pass the house according to Phelps. Its a big game of chicken and the clock keeps ticking..... Its a contest of who is going to budge

In short, we know exactly what's going on between certain parties and certain people. In fact, it's what most of us predicted in the last day or two.

I'd say THAT is the meat of the message.

It's a game of chicken....

A showdown if you will, between Cullerton and Madigan

Wonder what kind of odds you could get from a bookie on this one. :P

Cullerton is going all in and staring down Madigan.

Or it is part of the script agreed to up front. You can never assume anything is what it seems with these guys.

One of the options to screw us all over is to do nothing. We would almost be worse off than we are now. The court cases might take half a decade to settle.

I suspect HB138 or different bill with same language will be amended to compromise on preemption and will pass both houses this week.

HB138 has almost zero preemption, which is unworkable, while SB2193 had royal preemption, which was frankly astonishing. I doubt Madigan will stick on that point.

By the way i have never read anywhere where that lisa is going to run for gov. so why do people keep bring that up and thinking she's going to win.

Well, when I bring it up it is because a far higher percentage of governors seem to become President that any other path....

By the way i have never read anywhere where that lisa is going to run for gov. so why do people keep bring that up and thinking she's going to win.

They've been hinting at it for some time.

She has no hope of winning since the Madigan name is so badly damaged now, be we need them to keep thinking that there is.

Cullerton won't fall on his sword, so we need Madigan to push him onto it.

No matter what happens, after 9 June 2013, there will be a gruesome political bloodbath in the state.

Both side will seek allies.... guess where these allies will come from?

THAT is when we can make some real headway,

that's the sound of us getting messed over yet again. it'll happen. more arm twisting (how that works, i don't understand) and rushed compromises will get shoved in and passed. just so that they can say "we had to do SOMETHING ! (to save our phoney baloney jobs)" and once again, we will be the laughingstock of the nation, and nothing will change. i have no hope of ANYTHING good happening anymore. (i hope i get proved wrong)

Archived