Celebratory toast in memory of Gene Ol' Coach Martin tonight at 5pm (Pic Heavy)

Federal Farmer

We will be celebrating the historic passage in the State House of Illinois' conceal/carry law by toasting our dear friend Gene "O'l Coach" Martin (RIP) at 5pm Central with the pictured single malt Scotch (Balvenie 15). Please join us where ever you are and remember the man that inspires us.

post-464-0-10517000-1369421244_thumb.jpg

If the sponsor would be willing to work on the bill I could support it. 15 year scotch is not nearly old enough for this. Would the sponsor consider at least a 19 year scotch?

Bring one by and I'll consider...

Federal Farmer,when i heard the House passed the the carry bill,i thought of Gene,and i came here to start a thread in memory of Ol Coach but i see you did that already. Thank You sir! And i sure will have a drink at 5pm,a toast, remembering Ol Coach. I just texted part of his family and brought HAPPY tears to their eyes.They know how much this meant to Gene.Thank you again Mr.Lawson,this is great.

Coach,we are half way there and still fighting buddy! Don't you worry,we will fight until we get this job done,and continue fighting to preserve our rights.Let freedom ring! RIP,Ol Coach.

To those of us a little newer here, would anyone mind sharing a few words about who this man was?

No disrespect whatsoever, only curiosity.

Mr. Martin was an early member of IllinoisCarry. He was in on the first meetings that were to create IGOLD and he was the guy that came up with that name. He was also involved in getting Guns Save Life and the ISRA together. The two groups at one time where not as friendly as they are today for some reason. I think he may have also sponsored some of the Guns Save Life buses to the first IGOLD. He had a lung disease and attended IGOLD carrying oxygen tanks to help him breathe. He lost his battle a few years ago. He would be happy for everyone here today.

Valinda (Molly B.) and Mike (Mr. B.) sent this photo to post. They paused their drive from the state capitol to toast today's success and the memory of Gene "Ol' Coach" Martin.

post-464-0-68081400-1369434172_thumb.jpg

Archived