HB2792 - Doctor's note for a FOID

DoktorPaimon

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=2792&GAID=12&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=74621&SessionID=85&GA=98

No, the title isn't an exaggeration. Theres actually a bill requiring a psychological evaluation from a psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, or clinical social worker if you want a FOID. Failing it, of course, requires the the doctor (or social worker) break confidentiality and report you to the ISP.

Yea I read that. Even a marriage counselor would suffice. It won't pass but it's just an example of the sheer insanity of the anti-gun movement. Psych evals and mandatory firearms training just to get a card that says you can own a gun or ammo...or touch one at an FFL.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Jesse Jackson Jr. anyone? IMO, anyone who has an irrational fear of weapons has a psychiatric issue and anyone like Acevedo who likes guns but hates us "common folk" owning them has something going on upstairs.

Jesse Jackson Jr. anyone? IMO, anyone who has an irrational fear of weapons has a psychiatric issue and anyone like Acevedo who likes guns but hates us "common folk" owning them has something going on upstairs.

How about Joe Biden? He's as looney as they come.

I'm going to propose a bill that all potential politicians undergo a thorough physcological exam before they can file their petitions to run for office.

How about any potential politicians undergoing a proctology exam, to verify that their head is firmly attached to the top of their neck, and not inserted into some bodily orifice?

It's funny (euphemism for "disgusting") how these scumbags believe that the privilege to operate a motor vehicle is a "right" and the right to own a gun is a "privilege." I'm not sure if they realize this, but some moron behind the wheel can kill A LOT more people a lot quicker than an active shooter could. Yet they hand out licenses like candy to people who should not be allowed to operate a half-ton killing machine that could wipe out two-dozen people in a matter of seconds. Never mind the illegals, 80% of the people on the road shouldn't be allowed to operate a motor vehicle or need remedial courses in not being a ****ing idiot for reading the paper while driving, texting, doing their makeup, putting on their pants, talking on the phone with their dog in their lap (yes that's real, I've seen it twice) and other moronic garbage.

I was sitting in the DMV, waiting to take the written exam (again, thank you 8 year-old moving violation) to renew my D/L a few years ago and this old guy comes in to take his behind the wheel since people 75+ gotta take behind the wheel when renewing license, those 81-86 required every 2 years and those 87+ every year. Not a bad idea...if they actually gave a crap and didn't rubber stamp it. Well, his registration had been expired...for 6 months (I'm surprised he didn't get pulled over and ticketed by an ISP trooper...city PD doesn't care). Did the examiner care? Nope! "Hey Harold, your registration is expired...just step into line and renew your registration then you can go take the exam." My jaw dropped to the floor. If you can pass a vision test, then you can get a D/L in IL. Those people are MUCH MUCH MUCH more dangerous than a FOID card holder (which doesn't even mean that they own a gun, just CAN own one...bleh).

I digress. This bill will not pass but let's assume it does, and couple it with the bill requiring firearms training (which I'm guessing the person applying/renewing must pay for...along with the psych eval if this passes) and ignore that both are facially unconstitutional. OK so you need to pay to be evaluated by a licensed social worker, shrink, or psychologist, get a letter saying you're not nuts, then go take a training class that requires God knows what, THEN apply for a FOID card...and I'd be VERY careful as to where I go with regard to a psych eval because the ISP could theoretically revoke your firearm privileges for 5 years. Bottom line, how much money have applicants sunk into this? App fee = $10 (likely gonna go to $12). Psych eval (depends if you see a shrink or social worker...insurance won't cover it) will run at least $100, maybe $300. Training, well I dropped $100 on my Utah class. Do the math. Paying for the right to own a firearm turns said right into a privilege, much like a driver's license.

Some UofC shrink wrote a book on liberalism being a mental illness. So did Michael Savage (I own it hehe). If you look at their behavior it's all about crap that little kids whine about and what immature adults do. Fairness, free stuff, talking **** behind peoples' backs, lying, the "my way or go screw yourself" mentality, they HATE being told "no" or "you can't do that," among other things. I'm not talking about Democrats I'm talking about progressive liberals, the heavy duty fringe that's expanding like a plague and not so much fringe any longer.

Archived