Father of Newton victim speaks out!

dogsoldier321

Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere else, but a father of one of the newton victims spoke out this past Monday against additional gun laws!!

link to video:

http://foxnewsinside.../mark-mattioli/

Below is just a brief portion of an article with his remarks:

Mark Mattioli spoke during a gun-control hearing in Hartford Monday. His son, 6-year-old James, was one of 20 Sandy Hook Elementary School students killed last month at the hands of Adam Lanza.

Mattioli urged lawmakers to address the culture of violence.

“It’s a simple concept. We need civility across our nation,” he said. “What we’re seeing are symptoms of a bigger problem. This is a symptom. The problem is not gun laws. The problem is a lack of civility.”

During the Gun Violence Task Force Hearing, Mattioli brought up the problems Chicago is dealing with despite having tough gun-control laws.

“Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the country and I would say to people who wanted to have a civil discussion on the topic that I don’t think the gun laws are protecting the people, let alone the 500 who perished last year in that city,” Mattioli said. “What have those laws done to make Chicago a safer city? Nothing, I propose. Can’t we do better? Yes.”

Mattioli also added that more needs to be done to address mental health issues.

He of course said more then the quotes I posted, but I thought if someone who has gone through such a horrific event like this can be sensible and recognize guns are not the problem, then why can't our legislators?!?!

Archived