Illinois 2012 county map

Uncle Harley

This is suprising me alot more blue than what I expected. Anyone want to make any speculations on how this will effect RTC? I know not all Democrats are anti gun, but I would say that the majority of them are. At least they include it on their platform.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012-illinois-state-race

Illinois is case point what happens once you pass the tipping point, where more than 50% of Adults are on the take. Either through working for a Union, Local, State or Federal Government or receives some kind of Government assistance. Unfortunately it looks like the roles of those "on the take" has only grown nationally.

There are an awful lot of blue states that are shall issue. Frankly, every state but IL recognizes some degree of carry, including blue state stalwarts like CA, NY, WI, MD, MI, DE, etc. Ohio state map county by county looks alot like Illinois. What Ohio had was Cleveland's power wasn't as concentrated as Chicago. Democrats are not standing in the way of IL right to carry. Its the Chicago elitest politicians that are obstructing our constitutional rights, irregardless of their party affiliation. The simple truth is that the only thing preventing shall issue in IL is Chicago. But, realistically, Chicago is the political power center of the state and therefore its a tail wags the dog situation. Chicago gets what Chicago wants. We have to admit that simple truth. That is our reality. Maybe the courts can circumvent that power vacum. I think we're all hoping the Constitution is more powerful than Chicago rule. The Supreme Court put the smack down on them once. Lets hope for a repeat in the next couple years.

Illinois is case point what happens once you pass the tipping point, where more than 50% of Adults are on the take. Either through working for a Union, Local, State or Federal Government or receives some kind of Government assistance. Unfortunately it looks like the roles of those "on the take" has only grown nationally.

On the take? So someone who just happens to work for a state, county, or local department, goes to work every day, risks his life at work, is happy to go home without injury every day, and gets a paycheck so he can feed, clothe, and house his family is on the take? I guess you'd like to live somewhere where cops and correctional officers didn't exist . Maybe I'll just let some of our worst out of their cells and give them your address. I bet when they're knocking down your door to rape and kill your wife and kids you'll quickly decide that those of us "on the take" actually deserve what we get paid.

I bet when they're knocking down your door to rape and kill your wife and kids you'll quickly decide that those of us "on the take" actually deserve what we get paid.

Who in their right mine is going to depend on law enforcement to protect them when someone is "knocking down your door to rape and kill your wife and kids"? That is why WE own firearms.

I bet when they're knocking down your door to rape and kill your wife and kids you'll quickly decide that those of us "on the take" actually deserve what we get paid.

Who in their right mine is going to depend on law enforcement to protect them when someone is "knocking down your door to rape and kill your wife and kids"? That is why WE own firearms.

Cops aren't the only ones "on the take", as Patriots and Tyrants so eloquently stated. If you had actually read my post you would realize I'm not a cop, but a correctional officer. If it weren't for correctional officers being "on the take", who would keep the criminals locked up and preventing them from knocking down your door?

Houndawg, I hear you. I'm in education. I'm very good at my job, which is not teaching but is technology related and pays about the same from comparable private-sector jobs in this part of the country. Long hours, frequently on my own time (no overtime), and I do not get summers off from work. I work very hard to ensure that my employers (all of us) are getting our money's worth.

I don't expect pensions to still be around by the time I retire, but the pension I would have eventually received someday had the system not been so criminally underfunded would not have been any greater than what I would have received from Social Security. (Not that we expect SocSec to succeed, but I don't see a lot of retirees living extravagantly from that income alone.)

I know that there are horrible abuses where high-ranking officials get huge payouts for little to no work. It is disgusting. But instead of trying to solve that problem, it has been more convenient for both Lib and Con politicians to throw all public employees under the bus. In fact, blaming rank-and-file public employees for the State's financial woes seems to be the only thing that Liberal and Conservative politicians publicly agree on.

Archived