Moore/Shepard Ruling Announced

Molly B.

So can this just be delayed to infinity from countless appeals from the state?

I really do not think this will happen. Madigan (Lisa) cannpt take it to SCOTUS for fear that SCOTUS will ruule against her, thus striking down "may issue" all over the country.

2. Todd is in the driver's seat. If they come up with a Bill we don't like, we can delay a vote until the 180 days is over which i have (very aptly) named the "concealed carry cliff".

3. If they can't get a Bill done in 180 days, your FOID allows carry open or concealed. The newscasters are already talking about it.

Concealed carry cliff...Bud glad you are back!!

I am surprised the state did not claim that one can carry while hunting so there really was no absolutely ban. I do not think it would have made any real difference though.

Oh they did!. If you listen to the Orals the guy representing the state argued that there was not a complete ban on carry. he argued you could carry on your property or others property with permission., in your home, or even if you case it and unload it!

They argued it wasnt ban. He actually said this is not a ban, we are just regulating where people carry. I was floored when he did it. But I think it went that way since Mr Gura opened with his argument stating this is all about how Illinois has a ban and does not simply regulate time, place, and manner.

Edited by RonOglesby

We need to get behind Todd, the ISRA and Illinois Carry and start pushing right now.

Everyone needs to call their legislators and make sure they know that you support concealed carry in Illinois.

once the language of a Bill is finalized and pushed by Todd, the ISRA and Illinois Carry we need to get behind them and help push this through.

No more squabbling, we have the momentum and we can get this done if we all push together.

If you are on other forums, invite Illinois residents to join Illinois Carry and help us to get this done.

Yeah, what Bud said......

United Front, ladies and gents, United Front.

Personally, I do believe I will go to work happily, and do some shopping for the perfect set of holsters while I await Todd's work to appear.

We're in the driver's seat, the anti's had their chance and blew it off. Now we can get it done right.

We need to get behind Todd, the ISRA and Illinois Carry and start pushing right now.

Everyone needs to call their legislators and make sure they know that you support concealed carry in Illinois.

once the language of a Bill is finalized and pushed by Todd, the ISRA and Illinois Carry we need to get behind them and help push this through.

No more squabbling, we have the momentum and we can get this done if we all push together.

If you are on other forums, invite Illinois residents to join Illinois Carry and help us to get this done.

Yeah, what Bud said......

United Front, ladies and gents, United Front.

Personally, I do believe I will go to work happily, and do some shopping for the perfect set of holsters while I await Todd's work to appear.

We're in the driver's seat, the anti's had their chance and blew it off. Now we can get it done right.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/judean-people's-front

I have already sent a long email to my reps, and called both offices. In the email I actually noted the ruling today and the 180 day deadline and quoted the final paragraph from Judge Posner. I finally wrapped up explaining that we have spent enough money in a broke state fighting lawsuits over this and its time to pass a bill or just let me carry w/ my FOID....

Light the fire under under your reps!!!

Edited by RonOglesby

In sum, the empirical literature on the effects

of allowing the carriage of guns in public fails to establish

a pragmatic defense of the Illinois law.

Nevertheless we order our mandate

stayed for 180 days to allow the Illinois

legislature to craft a new gun law that will

impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public

safety and the Second Amendment as interpreted in

this opinion, on the carrying of guns in public.

If Mike Madigan does not want to be blamed by his anti gun base for unregulated constitutional carry in 180 days he will have to allow a carry law to be voted on. Edited by borgranta

We crashed the server this morning !! WOW. At this point I am as happy as the next guy or gal. I think Bud is right when he gave the three analogies of what could happen. It either goes to SCOTUS. The state passes a carry bill in 180 days or we get unconditional carry after the 180 days.

Now here's my thought. The state passes a carry bill in January. A bill that we want and not the Chicago Dems. Plus, and it's only my opinion, but I DON'T BELIEVE home rule has anything to do with a carry bill anymore. The written opinion by Posner covers the state. It does not exempt Chicago or any other home rule municipality. heck, the judge even references Chicago in the ruling.

I could be wrong, but I would think it only takes 60 votes now to pass a bill, not 71. If someone has better insight, please feel free to correct me.

KING

gotta go for another beer. LOVE IT !!

We crashed the server this morning !! WOW. At this point I am as happy as the next guy or gal. I think Bud is right when he gave the three analogies of what could happen. It either goes to SCOTUS. The state passes a carry bill in 180 days or we get unconditional carry after the 180 days.

Now here's my thought. The state passes a carry bill in January. A bill that we want and not the Chicago Dems. Plus, and it's only my opinion, but I DON'T BELIEVE home rule has anything to do with a carry bill anymore. The written opinion by Posner covers the state. It does not exempt Chicago or any other home rule municipality. heck, the judge even references Chicago in the ruling.

I could be wrong, but I would think it only takes 60 votes now to pass a bill, not 71. If someone has better insight, please feel free to correct me.

KING

gotta go for another beer. LOVE IT !!

Gov. Potato Head could always veto; though he is probably out in 2014 anyways so I am not sure he has much motive to do so. Madigan is already prepping his daughter to run against Quinn in a primary. I think this battle is pretty much over, its just a matter of signing the treaty on the deck of our battleship so to speak.

Don't forget Chicago's very own father, Father Pfleger

Poor Pfather Pfleger may actually have to become a real minister instead of the political activist he's been for the last 25 some odd years.

Oh my lord, I almost want to cry I am so happy right now.

Merry Christmas (santa came) early this year :)

[Though, just as I'm sure others are thinking, we need to closely watch what they try to pass, and not permit some BS "may issue" crap to pass !!!]

Edited by BShawn

All we need to do is run the clock out though right? Tell Madigan if he pushes a may issue bill he won't get enough votes and if he won't support a shall issue bill we simply let the clock run out and on day 180 a FOID card is now a licence to carry with no restrictions...We have Da-Power in this case, Madigan and Co will not settle for totally unrestricted carry.

Oh my lord, I almost want to cry I am so happy right now.

Merry Christmas (santa came) early this year :)

[Though, just as I'm sure others are thinking, we need to closely watch what they try to pass, and not permit some BS "may issue" crap to pass !!!]

HOLY COW

Everybody is coming out of the woodwork today.

Welcome back, BShawn. Haven't seen you post here in a long time

One of the Best quotes in a long while and I'm glad it came from Bud!

I have it copied and saved and all but engraved in bronze somewhere.

And don't think for a second that I'm afraid to use it!!

It is sooo nice to have some good news for a change. The ruling is definitely some long awaited news, and I know we've earned a little celebration.

Still, I'm sure we arent the only ones who were anticipating this ruling.

I'm going to wait until we get into the end zone before I start to do my victory dance.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1239023890_showoff-touchdown-fail.gif

^ looked like it crossed the plane, but I think college rules are different.

I am very interested to hear the statements of Quinn, Rahm, and others in the next day or two.

Don't forget Chicago's very own father, Father Pfleger

I actually for the first time agree with Phleger. Here is is facebook post on the issue today.

Father Michael Pfleger

U.S. appeals court strikes down State's concealed-carry ban. Amazing a group of Judges who sit in a Building that doesn't allow guns allows guns to go everywhere else! Of course they don't adress the fact that 120,000 people with mental illness are not yet in the system, nor deal with the loo holes of private sale nor lost or stolen, or titling guns like cars....I say if guns can go anywhere according to them then that should include all government and court buildings also!

BIG WIN FOR FREEDOM, THE CONSTITUTION AND LAW ABIDING CITIZENS FINALLY BEING ALLOWED THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. BIG LOSS FOR TYRANTS, ENEMIES OF THE US CONSTITUTION, CRIMINALS AND GANGBANGERS ESPECIALLY IN CHICAGO. ABOUT TIME BUT AT WHAT COST, HOW MANY PEOPLE WHO WERE DENIED THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES HAVE BEEN KILLED? CHICAGO'S UNCOSTITUTIONAL AND INFRINGING LICENSE, REGISTRATION AND FEES FOR A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT SHOULD BE NEXT TO GO. REGISTRATION SERVES ONLY ONE PURPOSE, TO DENY NOW OR TO CONFISCATE LATER AND HAS BEEN USED BY TYRANTS THROUGHOUT HISTORY TO COMMIT MASS MURDER AND GENOCIDE AFTER THE FIREARMS WERE CONFISCATED. Edited by 357

Did anyone see what Mayor Emanuel's office released?

“We are disappointed with the Court’s decision," said a spokesman for Mayor Rahm Emanuel. "The City is reviewing today’s opinion and will coordinate our efforts with the State to best protect the residents of Chicago and still meet constitutional RESTRICTIONS."

Emphasis added.

Did anyone see what Mayor Emanuel's office released?

“We are disappointed with the Court’s decision," said a spokesman for Mayor Rahm Emanuel. "The City is reviewing today’s opinion and will coordinate our efforts with the State to best protect the residents of Chicago and still meet constitutional RESTRICTIONS."

Emphasis added.

By the looks of that text, I'd say he's getting ready to send a fish to Judge Posner.